Northern Cal Ride Beta

The wife and I are taking the last two weeks of September off and heading to the Bay area and then up the coast to Oregon. We are XC riders who enjoy climbs and covering ground. Have done a little poking around the interwebz and determined that we would probably like riding at China Camp, Mt. Tamalpais, Annadel and Prairie Creek Redwoods state parks. What other XC type rides should we consider? Any Oregon rides along the coast worthy?
    Thanks!
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Depending on how many days you have to ride in the Bay Area I could make sure you hit Annadel, then maybe something on Tam. China camp is pretty small but good views. There are also good rides in Napa Valley and if you have time, Boggs Mountain has really fun XC ST.

Farther up north are new trails (singletrack) in the Kings Range and some stuf up by Fort Bragg at the Demonstration Forest. I think Prairie Creek is mostly fireroads and scenic rides but probably worthy just for the location.

PM me is you want a guide or trail suggestions for Annadel.

I would skip China Camp and do Tamarancho instead. XC riders love Tamarancho. Annadel is rad too. Skeggs point is good XC, 20 minutes south of SF. Its all pale in comparison to the Tahoe rides, if you are here for MTB I would make the 3 hr drive.

I could be wrong but I think Mt Tam is lame or at least Ive never heard anyone rave about it or really mention it??
    Hello darkness my old friend

Thanks for the replies. Tahoe, eh? Was thinking of making a big push from Montana straight thru to the coast, but on 2nd thought we will most likely be cruising through the North Tahoe area anyway on 80, so care to share any XC beta from that neck o' the woods?
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I would skip China Camp and do Tamarancho instead.

I could be wrong but I think Mt Tam is lame or at least Ive never heard anyone rave about it or really mention it??
    Tamarancho rocks. Good good fun. Tam is lame????? Just need someone to show you around. Preferably at night. Sick trails, just not 'legal' anymore. Fucking horses & hikers. But it you shouldn't let that stop you. Not that I would advocate riding 'illegal' trails. At night. With lights. And a guide. Nope. I wouldn't do that. If you go to Tahoe, you absolutely, hands down, bar none have to ride Mr. Toad's on the South Shore. One of the best rides ANYWHERE!!!!!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Annadel is great.

China Camp is nice, but it's pretty small, unless you include the backside, which isn't marked.

Skeggs/El Corte Madera is right up your alley.

If the state hasn't closed it down by the time you arrive, Henry Coe (near Gilroy and Morgan Hill) sounds perfect for you. Miles and miles of steep, uncrowded singletrack.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    If you go to Tahoe, you absolutely, hands down, bar none have to ride Mr. Toad's on the South Shore. One of the best rides ANYWHERE!!!!!
    Toads is anything but an XC ride. If he wanted techy, rocky, and sandy I think he would have asked for that.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."