Kauai with kiddo

Anyone been to Kauai with an infant? We like to do active stuff, but if we go it's gonna have to be tamed up a bit. Never been to the Hawaiian Islands yet so don't know much. Four other friends are going with ~1 year olds so it couldn't be too bad right? This will be in April and for a week. Probably staying here: http://www.ponokai-resort.com/

Any comments, ideas, suggestions? Need a little encouragement before I can justify the expenditure.

Traveling with kids is what you make it. If you're the uptight type maybe it's not the thing to do. 4 other friends means 6 adults?, that's lots of people to look after kids If a few want to piss of to explore/play...
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

I suppose if you keep the little bugger hydrated and in the shade. Otherwise, I always thought Heat+humidty does not equal infants or elderly?
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Sand is great for learning to walk. Infant doesnt need own seat on plane. Infant more portable than 2or3 year old.GO!

Staying at a resort will make things easy and fun. Even at 1 yrs old, it is all about the pool and going to the beach.

Remember the room will not be kid proofed and it might be worth seeing if the resort will put a pack-n-play in the room.

We spent a week in Kauai on our honeymoon. There are plenty of short hikes that would work with a kid carrier backpack. Again, see if the resort can help your get/rent one for your stay.

Should be a great family trip...

edit: it is ~6hr flight from the west coast. Having the kid in there own seat and in their car seat sleeping might feel worth the extra $$ around hour 4.

Do it! Having other couples there with kids will allow you to sneak off and enjoy yourself, if you catch my drift. 1 yr olds are a lot less maintenance than say a 2 or 3 yr old. Some kind of pack and play setup will greatly enhance your trip, even if it means taking one. I would suggest calling the resort and reserving one if they have it. Look into car seats ahead of time. Mention to the resort that you have small kids and maybe they will put you in a more private room. Enjoy, I'm sure you need a vacation by now.