Bathtub for Renovation

Have to fit in a tub/shower in a 48" space. Found one, enamel on steel, another a fiberglass (sold for RVs).

My plumber says steel sucks, if you chip it , it rusts. The fiberglass is probably too thin and will crack.

What to do? Any suggestions?

If I skip the tub and just make it a shower stall it will be much easier, but I'm afraid as a rental unit, it will be much less desirable (only bath in 3 bedroom).
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

unless your ideal renter is a leprechaun, who the fuck is looking for a 48" long tub? go with the shower and save the hassle.

Make it a shower, but a cool one. May i suggest Donkey Kong Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by MJB View Post
    unless your ideal renter is a leprechaun, who the fuck is looking for a 48" long tub? go with the shower and save the hassle.
    you can't give young kids a bath in the shower. Not having a tub will limit you tenets.
    BEWARE OF FEMALE SPIES

What's your budget? Americh makes two of them (Key Largo and Beverly), but they are super expensive ~$2,000-$5k. I think Kohler makes some smaller ones too, their website drives me nuts though.

whats wrong with glass? The most important part is the floor underlayment I have used plaster and it was solid. Just don't fuck it up. Build a super structure around it to limit the potential for damage?

Depends on your renting demographic. Are you in an area where people would have small kids ?? If so you need to find a way to have a tub. How was there not an original tub location that was 5'-0" long ???

If you don't need the tub because of the demographic build a cool shower and call it a day. 48" is damn small for a tub, unless you can do a soaking tub (added depth).