Page 32 of 237 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Took a look at Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail - 13% Imperial IPA - and backed down.

Anyone brave enough to try it? Kind of a killer price, well, if you consider paying by total alcohol content.

Had a Stone / R&R Collaboration Coconut IPA instead. Pretty good at first. Smells great, tastes great, but after a pint it's a bit much on the coconut. You almost get the sense that you're drinking suntan oil with that coconut nose but 7.7% alcohol body. It's worth a taste for sure and actually much better balanced than I'm implying - just different, and a pretty strong smell of coconut ... could maybe use a tweak for next year though, maybe try some Nelson Sauvin or other NZ hops to tie softer elements to the coconut ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I've got a coworker doing a Colorado trip and she said she'd bring me back beer. In in MT what can't I miss? I'm getting Modus, Maharaja and Gubna for sure. Probably Mexican Logger but I need more IPA's.

We used to live in CO so I'm just trying to remember what I used to buy.
    Odell IPA and Myrcenary Double IPA?
    Upslope is putting their Imperial IPA in 19.2 oz cans now.

Hope you guys are doing well up there.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Bear Republic Cafe Racer 15 is a fine IIPA

Ok jong away, but I'm enjoying a nice Bass IPA

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I've got a coworker doing a Colorado trip and she said she'd bring me back beer. In in MT what can't I miss? I'm getting Modus, Maharaja and Gubna for sure. Probably Mexican Logger but I need more IPA's.

We used to live in CO so I'm just trying to remember what I used to buy.
    I've heard the Renegade Triple IPA is good, ~12% too, I think, haven't had it yet though. Hopefully might get some straight from the source this weekend in Denver.

Probably mentioned already, but have been enjoying Port Brewing's Wipe Out IPA. Nice west coast-style flavor.

Great thread.

Port crushes it. The Hop 15 (15 different hops) is unreal, if anyone gets to see that guy on tap. And Mongo fresh on tap is a beauty of a beer.

Right now in my fridge I've got
    Drakes Aroma Coma
    High Water No Boundary
    High Water Hop Logic
    Triple Voodoo 8 Tentacles (Kraken)
    Stone RuinTen
    Pliny the Elder

Hmmm, which one should I drink next ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Drakes Aroma Coma ...

so freaking good.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Hugh Conway Guest
    This years Aroma Coma is a damn fine beer - picked up a bottle last weekend.

Also finally had a bottle of Torpedo IPA that was tasty. Dunno what it was - shielded 12 pack, hadn't been beat to shit? - but it was better than the others. Not great, but drinkable.

on the SARA front - Unit 101 is a danky APA, slightly less than an IPA but still tasty.

Fuck you west-coasters. You guys are dicks.

Ok. I might be salty at not having easy access to drakes, russian river and bear republic. 1 bottle of suppy and 1 bottle of consecration left. Growler of Pliny gone. Please send hops.

Just had me some REDHOOK Long Hammer IPA's and i like them.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Hops Rising.

End of thread.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Thai Me Up Brewing in Jackson, WY makes 2x4 double IPA, won gold in Denver in 2012 for best Double IPA plus many other golds at other golds for other beer festivals. It is bitter like myself & I like it, plus a crazy amount of hops as well. Something like 10%, & 99 IBUs, it is hoppiness on tap.
    Last edited by Altaholic; 08-18-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

La Cumbre's Elevated has me more excited about a beer than I have been in a long time. For a single IPA, this one sports an incredibly juicy, citrus-forward hop flavor. It's got a nice, mellow nose, comes in a touch lighter in color than I'd have thought, and finishes with just enough malt to temper the bitter. Highly recommend it to anyone that can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Drakes Aroma Coma ...

so freaking good.
    BJ's Sonoma Coma

also

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bttle-large.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	341.6 KB 
ID:	140372
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Port crushes it. The Hop 15 (15 different hops) is unreal, if anyone gets to see that guy on tap. And Mongo fresh on tap is a beauty of a beer.
    Had one at the Solana Beach Pizza Port when I was in San Diego a couple weeks back. Quite tasty. Note to Seattle folks: I was just at Naked City yesterday and Mongo was listed as "up next."

Local swill from a new brewer in town. Too much citris but is good.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by BraddA View Post
    La Cumbre's Elevated has me more excited about a beer than I have been in a long time. For a single IPA, this one sports an incredibly juicy, citrus-forward hop flavor. It's got a nice, mellow nose, comes in a touch lighter in color than I'd have thought, and finishes with just enough malt to temper the bitter. Highly recommend it to anyone that can find it.

Where have you found it?

Also need to get to the store to see if they have the Stone Anny in yet. Anyone seen it out yet?
    http://www.stonebrew.com/anniv/ale/

^^^I think Hazel's had the Gotterdammersomething or other last time I was there. Had the La Cumbre in NM. Fairly sure their distribution is nil, though I might have one kicking around the fridge if you're game for a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    BJ's [B][COLOR="#008000"]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bttle-large.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	341.6 KB 
ID:	140372
    ya, i dig the Stone beers.

we just had a new specialty beer store open up in town. my wife came home with twelve different IPA's. tastey!

Was enjoying some fine beers at Bend's beerfest last weekend and fell in love with Oskars G'knight Imperial Red/Double IPA.

swung by the new store yesterday and they had this on the counter! Looking forward to downing this tonight

picked up some random others also

Had a sixer of Ithaca Brewing Flower Power IPA. Wasn't expecting much. I was wrong. Damn good beer.

Sculpin good. Big Eye, better and cheaper.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums