Page 19 of 237 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Had Great Divide Rumble last night - which I am sure some of you Colorado natives have had much of. For me however, it was a first - and what I thought was a very good beer.

12oz draft pour. Light orange, cloudy color. Slight head - which dissipates after a few minutes.

Smoother, easy drinking, fruity, light caramel, but hoppy enough for an pale ale fan.

I would get again.

Three Floyds Gumballhead

While not being a true IPA (wheat beer) It is a hoppy som'bitch that is down right tasty.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Not truly an ipa, but Telluride Brewing's Rye Pale Ale is my new addiction. Highly recommended. Great flavor, bitter with a bit of fruity spice. Very refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Not truly an ipa, but Telluride Brewing's Rye Pale Ale is my new addiction. Highly recommended. Great flavor, bitter with a bit of fruity spice. Very refreshing.
    Are they canning that? Where'd you get it. I love a good RyePA

check 406 brewery if in bozo, buudy o mine doin good things, the c4 ipa was a crusher, hes had lighter stuff lately with summer heat but its always changing, and hes a huge hop nerd...

im enjoyin the torpedos lately for the grocery store "go to"... make me forget the night sometimes tho, heh...

It's been a long time since I've had Oskar Blues Gubna. Cracked one open last night and it blew me away again. Love that beer. Tough to believe it's $15 for a four pack of cans, but good god is it worth it. %10.0 ABV too.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    Three Floyds Gumballhead

While not being a true IPA (wheat beer) It is a hoppy som'bitch that is down right tasty.
    Did not care for that one at all. But I truly love their Alpha King (PA), Zombie Dust, and Dreadnaught.

I have never had those ^^

gumballhead is certainly not a true ipa, but was nice on a mid 90s Indiana summer day. It is a lighter beer that has been dry hoped so you get an easy to drink hoppy beer.

I would absolutely try their other offerings if and when I have a chance
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Tough to believe it's $15 for a four pack of cans
    What the hell? That is what I pay in OAKLAND, CA ... I woulda thought it would be a lot cheaper in CO.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

It makes sense. We only pay $6 for a Pliny out here if we can find it, except for the few places that really try to gouge you just because it's rare. I went to the liquor store in Breck one time and they had Avery's Dugana for $5, which sells for $6 AT the brewery. That kinda grinded my gears, but whateva.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Well it's usually cheaper overall for wineries to sell at volume to distributors (and then add distributor and retail markups) than it is to sell retail in a tasting room, which is wine is almost always less expensive from a good shop than direct from the winery - I assume beer to be similar although out here I usually get sixers and cases for a buck or two less than at stores. That said, Pliny costs $5 a bottle at the brewery at $4.50 at Whole Foods and other places that have it. At least it's a 17 oz bottle to make up for the extra price. It ends up costing less than $7-9 22 ouncers of stuff like Ballast Point Sculpin, Port Mongo, High Water No Boundary, etc.

The thing that grinds my gears is that Avery's distributors are pretty big in San Diego - almost every place I went to over a few days in June was serving it ... but it's almost non-existent in NorCal. We'll get some Avery stuff out here but I've never seen the DuganA - a beer that I have yearned for since I first tasted it.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

was at the Avery Brewing Co on Sunday and sampled all of their IPAs. The cask conditioned hand pumped was by far the best.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

A guy I know from the local beer store posted this on fb. He was at The Dray in Seattle.

I intentionally asked for a Pliny, drank half and commented "this is the worst thing I've ever had. I can't believe people buy this swill" and left the rest on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    A guy I know from the local beer store posted this on fb. He was at The Dray in Seattle.

I intentionally asked for a Pliny, drank half and commented "this is the worst thing I've ever had. I can't believe people buy this swill" and left the rest on the table.
    With what intention? Just to get reactions out of people? How long til some dude swooped on the other half?

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    With what intention? Just to get reactions out of people? How long til some dude swooped on the other half?
    His response

I really just did it for a laugh, mostly. And to give them a story. I don't really have an opinion on Pliny, except I hate that we can't get it.

He part-owns the best beer store in this town, and has been asked many times if he can get Pliny (he can't - RR refuses to distribute it in this county), and that obviously frustrates him.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Are they canning that? Where'd you get it. I love a good RyePA
    They are canning it. It was in my buddies fridge down in T-ride. I was house sitting, he said "help yourself" so I did... All of them.

Just got back from Oregon -- goddamn they make some IPAs in that state.

Highlights:
    Brewer's Union Mutant Dew (cask conditioned, so rad).
    Boneyard RPM
    Deschutes River Sticky Wicket

Plus there's a Below Grade Double IPA in my fridge, and the lady friend has been instructed to bring back a growler of Blackfoot River Single Malt IPA from Helena.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Brewed about 3 miles from where I'm sitting.

"Wicked Pissa" indeed.

A few I've been liking lately:

21st Amendment Hop Crisis
    Fremont Brewing Interurban
    Anderson Valley Hop Ottin
    Two Beers Evolutionary (I've mentioned this one before and it's still in my top 3)

it took me a couple but the anderson valley hop ottin has grown on me. i think the first one i had must have reacted poorly with whatever i was eating at the time.

also tried the troeggs perpetual ale. pretty nice, definitely on the hoppy side but smooth

Quote Originally Posted by crackboy View Post
    also tried the troeggs perpetual ale. pretty nice, definitely on the hoppy side but smooth
    The last word I'd want to use to describe an IPA I enjoyed is "smooth."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The last word I'd want to use to describe an IPA I enjoyed is "smooth."
    perhaps easy drinking?

dope gang by chadbro, on Flickr

The Alaskan White IPA that came out not long ago was incredible.

Thumbs up

splitter, you've got good taste in beer