Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 5919
    I think they just did some kind of push to get beers out. I noticed them at the store for the first time in a long time recently too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Thanks, very familiar with the VT beers, generally spend a week up there each summer, this time spending it with pops in MA.
    I kinda thought that was the case. But I figured I should push Other Half, as it's a new favorite as of last summer. Their Blue Crab is spectacular.

I have friends in Boston with excellent taste in beer. I'll ask and let you know

Thanks, very familiar with the VT beers, generally spend a week up there each summer, this time spending it with pops in MA.

Ok, got some names. These are all around Boston. He reminded me of Vitamin Sea - excellent brewery in my opinion. Also Widowmaker, Untold and Second Wind (the last two of which I have not yet tried.)

Edit: my daughter has decided to join my son at UofU so I'll be spending a lot of time there for at least the next 4 years. If I remember right you are in SLC. I have found no good hazys in the area. What am I missing?

Thank you! We’re a little lacking, but the limited releases from TF, salt fire has a few good ones, and that new brewery, offset, in Park City are the three that really are leading the hazy train here. Red rock has a few decent ones, and 2row is a solid option but nothing but the Offset and TF hold a candle to VT/east coast stuff. Let me know when you’re headed back out and I’ll do some scoping for what’s coming next/new/limited and try to snag you some if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Excellent. Will do.

I look forward to hearing what you think of those breweries.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Very nice one i had yesterday. 7.1%, amarillo, citra, mosaic, simcoe hops. Smoothest IPA I've had in quite a while.

Attachment 406215
    I agree with this. I was very pleasantly surprised. and it was relatively cheap. extra bonus I love the Deftones.

Post ride

Offset still producing great beers. the new batch of Divi in cans is quite nice PC, UT.

Heading back to MA for a week in June, between Metro West and Bourne/Cape Cod. I'm familiar with and like Castle Island, Start Line, Trillium, Treehouse, Jacks Abbey, Exhibit A, Night Shift, Wormtown. Craft Roots is on my list to hit this time (will be open when I'm close, finally). Any other ones not to miss?
    Vitamin Sea (Waymouth), Black Hat (Bridgewater), ShovelTown (Easton), Canned Heat (Fall River) and Treehouse has a new place in Sagamore. Second Wind is pretty good as well. We really like Widowmaker up in Braintree and it's easy off of 93.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Thanks, the Sandwich Treehouse is close to pops, planning on heading that way for sure. I think a stop off at Widowmaker and or Vitamin Sea after dropping my girlfriend off at the airport is going to be the ticket.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Remnant Brewing in Somerville is really good. They usually have an IPA or two or three.

https://www.remnantsomerville.com/

Thanks! Love IPA’s but will drink anything and enjoy it

Memorial weekend bump

In the same vein as Reuben's, Breakside, and Stoup, I've never had an IPA from Boneyard that I didn't like.

Colorado haul
    Also, wtf odd13? Superfan used to be like $11/6 now $14/4? Less volume, more money
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67556374699__62127037-3D4C-4F0E-9E66-33F69B739280.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	417737

Colorado haul
    Also, wtf odd13? Superfan used to be like $11/6 now $14/4? Less volume, more money

Name:	67556374699__62127037-3D4C-4F0E-9E66-33F69B739280.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	417737

Odd13 is now owned by 4noses. Just a brand now. Still good. And $14/4 isn’t that outrageous unfortunately.

Oh agreed it’s very reasonable considering here in SLC we’ve got a brewery that’s charging $24 for stuff that would be commonplace in CO/VT etc. just was surprised to see the difference in cans and cost to what it was pre-covid(last time I bought some)

some damn good IPA's out there

Name:	IMG_1333.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	417742

Jesus. This Fremont x Great Notion collab is legit.

Tropical forward, just a hint of citrus peel bitterness at the end.

^^^ got to get my hands on some of that

Finally, non-plastic 4/6 pack holders

Name:	Mcardboard.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	417743

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Finally, non-plastic 4/6 pack holders
    they disintegrate and drop your beer if they get even slightly wet.... unfortunately.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I've noticed the plastic 6 pack holders seem to have less grip lately too.

I've been making a habit of saving the plastic ones and bringing them back to breweries around town when I pick up new beer, they are always appreciative.

So, I've been really enjoying Equilibrium out of Middletown, NY.
    I actually said I thought it was one of the better around right now, to which gravitylover said there were at least 10 better in VT alone.

While, to each in taste, now I want to know what the best in VT are so I can start hunting a few cans before I give up IPAs for a few months this summer to lower my post ride calories a touch.

Figure this would be the thread to throw the request for recommendation into.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

some damn good IPA's out there

Oh agreed it’s very reasonable considering here in SLC we’ve got a brewery that’s charging $24 for stuff that would be commonplace in CO/VT etc. just was surprised to see the difference in cans and cost to what it was pre-covid(last time I bought some)

We’ve had this exactly bitch session a few times since they changed a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I actually said I thought it was one of the better around right now, to which gravitylover said there were at least 10 better in VT alone.

While, to each in taste, now I want to know what the best in VT are so I can start hunting a few cans before I give up IPAs for a few months this summer to lower my post ride calories a touch.

Well there’s Lawson’s, Foam, Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, Burlington, Lost Nation, etc but I enjoy Equilibrium.

Also, after you ride your bike is the PERFECT, time to have a few extra IPA calories…

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post

Taste is subjective, but this is it for me.

ipa is dead
    watch out for snakes