Page 73 of 237 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 5919

some damn good IPA's out there

Had a Foundation Epiphany on tap in Boston yesterday. Was impressed (rarely am these days). Hope to see this more.
    Uno mas

Becoming one with the couch..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1445133900.253917.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	170515

I enjoyed the maiden > 8
    Uno mas

For me 8 > Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Had a Foundation Epiphany on tap in Boston yesterday. Was impressed (rarely am these days). Hope to see this more.
    Maine is producing some damn good beers.

Pliny!

@ Burgers and Brews in Sac

Rubicon with wife and kid later.

Maybe Capital Tap Room too. Is that kid friendly?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Maine brewing is making some great beers. Lunch is really good, the weez, zoe, old Tom, and pieper.

Foley bros makes some good stuff too. Those are two good ones. Have you guys had the native or citrennial?

Polished off my last Citrennial two nights ago. If that beer was brewed outside of VT it would get outstanding reviews. There are just so many unreal beers coming out of VT these days it just doesn't get the praise. Haven't tried the native. Had Spruce Session this winter and thought it was awesome.

Anyone here catch the Maine Beer Co Dinner release?

some damn good IPA's out there

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Polished off my last Citrennial two nights ago. If that beer was brewed outside of VT it would get outstanding reviews. There are just so many unreal beers coming out of VT these days it just doesn't get the praise. Haven't tried the native. Had Spruce Session this winter and thought it was awesome.

Anyone here catch the Maine Beer Co Dinner release?
    Coworker dropped a Dinner on my desk today in thanks for some HF bottles I scored for him. Only had about 4oz last time I tried it and soon to dive into this 2 day old bottle. Looking forward to giving it proper attention.

Edit... No surprise the Dinner is excellent. Hop juice. Pretty big. I would have expected the 8.2% to be more hidden but slightly hot. Doesn't ruin the beer by any means. Drinks like a double. Tremendous flavor. Nothing I would go nuts over or spend much energy (waiting in line) to obtain. Would drink again and again if that was an option but also fine if that was my last sip...... ever.....
    Last edited by Doremite; 10-26-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    Uno mas

^
    Was hoping to get some this year but former neighbor who now lives in Portland didn't want to deal with the line...can't blame him.

Did get a very pleasant surprise last week, buddy stopped by with a bottle of Pliny, have been tempted to crack it open every night but so far have resisted the urge.

First taste of this year's Founders Harvest tonight did not live up to the memory of last year's batch after the first bottle. Not nearly as hop forward/dank as I remember. Not sure if it's a different hop blend or just a new recipe completely but I am hoping the Victory Hop Harvest arrives soon and matches last year's release...best new brew I have had in recent memory, just slightly ahead of Foley Pieces of 8, which for my $ is top 5 in VT or anywhere else imo. Still waiting to get my hands on some Tree House (MMP, looking at you) and a couple of ME's finest, Foundation and BBB Swish...calling Strawjack to the red courtesy phone !
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 10-26-2015 at 10:25 PM.

fackkkkk I'm excited to get back to Portland next month. this thread will provide research materials.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^

Did get a very pleasant surprise last week, buddy stopped by with a bottle of Pliny, have been tempted to crack it open every night but so far have resisted the urge.
    That's a mistake. Read the bottle.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^
    Was hoping to get some this year but former neighbor who now lives in Portland didn't want to deal with the line...can't blame him.

First taste of this year's Founders Harvest tonight did not live up to the memory of last year's batch after the first bottle. Not nearly as hop forward/dank as I remember. Not sure if it's a different hop blend or just a new recipe completely but I am hoping the Victory Hop Harvest arrives soon and matches last year's release...best new brew I have had in recent memory, just slightly ahead of Foley Pieces of 8, which for my $ is top 5 in VT or anywhere else imo. Still waiting to get my hands on some Tree House (MMP, looking at you) and a couple of ME's finest, Foundation and BBB Swish...calling Strawjack to the red courtesy phone !
    I have to agree. Pieces of 8 is quite a worthy brew. It's nice to see Foley bros growing. I know my friend that owns a craft beer cellar in Hartford has been getting them. Me thinks it's time to put in an order

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Edit... No surprise the Dinner is excellent. Hop juice. Pretty big. I would have expected the 8.2% to be more hidden but slightly hot. Doesn't ruin the beer by any means. Drinks like a double. Tremendous flavor. Nothing I would go nuts over or spend much energy (waiting in line) to obtain. Would drink again and again if that was an option but also fine if that was my last sip...... ever.....
    Interesting. I thought about driving up there for the Dinner and Swish release, but I'm not waiting in that long of a line for beer. There is way too much good beer around today, that you really don't need to wait in lines...especially on the weekend! If it were mid week during work I would have given it more consideration.

FD - I am making a trip to ME shortly. We'll get the cooler traveling.

Had me some "aged" Pliny last night, it was from March. Held up pretty well, still pretty damn hoppy. Definite Simcoe and Amarillo flavors standing out. Also had a bunch of different local fresh hop beers. Good night, bad headache.

Fresh hop brews from this years harvest are already several weeks past their prime. Don't blame Founders, you bought the beer a month late.

Even though craft beer is booming I do have to say that down here in the swill drinkin' south they face a big problem, and that's good rotation. I went to one of the fancier places that prides itself on craft beer out here and told the guy I was looking for Gubna. "Seriously? That stuff's gross." Flipped the can over and sure enough, it was 3 years old.

It's gotten better since Oskar Blues opened up in N.C. which has been a godsend for the industry out here, too, but these reps really need to get on top of keeping fresh stock. I'd love to see more "ENJOY BY's" put out there for this reason.

Oh, and a beer I never thought I'd see again so I wrote it out of my top five of all time, STONE's 8-8-08.................IT'S BACK!!!
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Fresh hop brews from this years harvest are already several weeks past their prime. Don't blame Founders, you bought the beer a month late.
    A well stored Fresh Hop beer is not past it's prime yet. Maybe bottled and distributed fresh hops are, but if you are drinking at the source, they are still top notch. Of course it might depend on what region the hops were harvested in too.

Fun fact: All three medal winners in the Fresh Hop category at GABF used hops from the same farm. High Wire hops in Paonia, CO.

Treehouse has been having can releases wednesday. I've grabbed Julius, Green, Eureka w Citra, C-22, Alter Ego, That's What She Said, and Haze. All with no more than a 10 minute wait. Prices are between 3 and 3.75 per 16 oz can.

They're making awesome beer. I almost don't need my VT dealers to come through. Almost. So, wheres my 2nd Fiddle?

edit: Lights On too.

Who wants to send me some delicious cans from back East? Will buy or trade.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Don't do it, you'll just be bummed you can't get anything that good on a regular basis.

Anyone here drink the stuff from Melvin on a regular basis? Is it really that amazing? Any comparisons to the new Comrade brews?

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Treehouse has been having can releases wednesday. I've grabbed Julius, Green, Eureka w Citra, C-22, Alter Ego, That's What She Said, and Haze. All with no more than a 10 minute wait. Prices are between 3 and 3.75 per 16 oz can.

They're making awesome beer. I almost don't need my VT dealers to come through. Almost. So, wheres my 2nd Fiddle?

AND the Wed can only hours are now part of their regular hours.
    I just happen to be passing through around 5:30 tomorrow. Looks like some cans are in my future. Eureka w/Citra and Julius are on as of now fur tomorrow.

A guy I work with scored 2 bottles of Dinner and said he was not super impressed. He thinks Lunch is much better. Glad I didn't wait in line.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    A guy I work with scored 2 bottles of Dinner and said he was not super impressed. He thinks Lunch is much better. Glad I didn't wait in line.
    I wouldn't agree re: Lunch but to each his own. I don't find Lunch to be all that extraordinary. Agree Dinner nothing to go out of your way for. Too many great options out there. Was impressed with Grimm Afterimage and Pulse Wave - both on tap in Boston recently. Caught me totally off guard. Love the rising bar on quality.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post

I have to get down there, missed out on the golf this year but next time I get my hands on some fiddle I'll grab some for you in addition to what I get for Strawjack. Easier said than done these days, the lines have been insane at the brewery on release weekends and they aren't sending any out locally, which they used to do regularly...5 mins or so from my house and still damn near impossible to get. My fav mastermind is on the calendar for Sat., hopefully, they brew a big batch so it lasts through the initial line insanity that I refuse to deal with.