Page 1 of 203 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 5069
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    1,234

    some damn good IPA's out there

    i'm currently sipping on a 22 of firestone walker union jack ipa, and thinking it's almost as nice as the russian river pliny the elder. nothing beats a perfect west coast style IPA, other than maybe a well made belgian...
    smoke crack and worship satan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    kd
    Posts
    2,150
    I really enjoy decadant imperial ipa. Ska brewing.

    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/923/21337

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jongistan
    Posts
    5,322
    For whatever reason, IPA seems to be most breweries "flagship" beer. Can you name a decent micro brewery that doesn't make an IPA year round? (Omegang is the only one I can come up with)

    Not discounting the style, cause I love em , I just find this interesting. IPAs do give me a hangover like no other beer can though, maybe this is why I'm nitpicking on this one. IPAs hurt, even in small doses. 3 Southern Tiers gave me a pretty serious all day hangover once and I didn't even get drunk. WTF!?!?!

    I've been enjoying the Hop Devil lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Land of Silicone Mountains
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
    i'm currently sipping on a 22 of firestone walker union jack ipa, and thinking it's almost as nice as the russian river pliny the elder. nothing beats a perfect west coast style IPA, other than maybe a well made belgian...
    meh, i'd rather get fucked by your mother.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,549
    I've had a few really nice ones lately: In order of preference
    1. Dogfish 90 min
    2. Bell's Hopslam
    3. New Holland's Mad Hatter [damn you ]
    4. Founder's Centennial
    5. Mt. Pleasant Iron Horse
    Last edited by gatorboy; 08-17-2009 at 11:28 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,033
    Dogfish 90 min is a great one. As is Brooklyn Beer IPA - my favorite

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pretty close by
    Posts
    1,586
    SN Torpedo. Not great, but very good, and really cheap. I love value beers like that. No need for a special occasion to drink a few of them.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

    - Eddie Izzard

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    149
    No love for the Stone IPA?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Terra Firma
    Posts
    1,376

    'nuff Said

    [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144110"]Russian River - Pliny the Elder - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

    I agree on Sierra Nevada Tornado, very good with good distribution...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eugenio Oregón
    Posts
    7,063
    Moylan's Moylander and Hopsickle not listed yet
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/moylans...ale-ale/50114/
    _______________________________________________
    "Strapping myself to a sitski built with 30lb of metal and fibreglass then trying to water ski in it sounds like a stupid idea to me.

    I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
    Posts
    6,592
    I just found this brewery on Saturday, conveniently located across the road from one of the better surf spots in the UK. Apparently they are available in select spots in the US now.

    They gave us a nice little impromptu tasting/sample session ->
    The Punk IPA is excellent, as is the ZeitGeist Dark Ale. Tokyo = holy shit!

    www.brewdog.com
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

    Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

    The Bonin Petrels

  12. #12
    Rasputin's Avatar
    Rasputin is offline Полые тростник на ветру
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    3,763
    Missoula!


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    782




    copacetic from Amnesia brewing



    hop lava from double mountain



    pdx ipas ftw

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,134
    Quote Originally Posted by AltaAndy View Post
    pdx ipas ftw
    I miss the PDX beer scene. Amnesia was a fun beer joint and their IPA, while not so refined, was very good. TugBoat, around the corner from Mary's Club, also brews a very nice IPA. If you're into funky beer joints, Tugboat rocks.

    The San Diego beer scene is pretty unfortunate. Green Flash IPA is really good and AleSmith's IPA is pretty fucking excellent. After those two, you have to visit Pizza Port or Oggi's Pizza for good IPA on tap.
    ¡Órale, vato!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,178
    this placeopening up right around the corner from me has reignited my love of these beers, as I really dont care for Brooklyn's version.
    http://www.theponybar.com/
    just finished a growler last night of the nexcter IPA (awesome) and a ffew weeks back they had this http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/harvest_southern.html
    which was awesome although not sure if it qualifies but it does have a similar taste.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London : the L is for Value!
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I just found this brewery on Saturday, conveniently located across the road from one of the better surf spots in the UK. Apparently they are available in select spots in the US now.

    They gave us a nice little impromptu tasting/sample session ->
    The Punk IPA is excellent, as is the ZeitGeist Dark Ale. Tokyo = holy shit!

    www.brewdog.com
    Also enjoyed Punk IPA, certainly has a decent measure of hops.

    Paradox (Was called Speyside when I bought it though, I think?) is great in a kick-you-in-the-balls-until-you-cry way. Also a quick trip to shitfaceville.

    What does piss me off is their media-spin -- this whole 'we don't care if you like it, it just means you're not good enough for it.' It works for Arrogant Bastard because, well, it's called Arrogant Bastard. On them it just sounds like whiney scotsman with bad tasting beer.

    edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    the hysterical town of George, CO
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    I've had a few really nice ones lately: In order of preference
    1. Dogfish 90 min
    2. Bell's Hopslam
    3. Bell's Mad Hatter
    4. Founder's Centennial
    5. Mt. Pleasant Iron Horse
    Just wanted to point out that Mad Hatter is from New Holland not Bell's, but you probably knew that already.

    Any way, I really like SN Torpedo, Titan brewing Co. IPA, Bells Two-hearted, Samuel Smiths IPA, and several others. Loves me some IPAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    if on the east coast, yards makes a couple different IPAs that are good and on a budget.

    i like their philly style IPA but its milder in hoppyness which i prefer over their standard IPA.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by edg View Post
    Also enjoyed Punk IPA, certainly has a decent measure of hops.

    Paradox (Was called Speyside when I bought it though, I think?) is great in a kick-you-in-the-balls-until-you-cry way. Also a quick trip to shitfaceville.

    What does piss me off is their media-spin -- this whole 'we don't care if you like it, it just means you're not good enough for it.' It works for Arrogant Bastard because, well, it's called Arrogant Bastard. On them it just sounds like whiney scotsman with bad tasting beer.

    edg
    Well, they don't care what you think and they say so on the bottle.

    The guy we were chatting with (not one of the two founders) is an Aussie.

    I had another Zeitgeist with lunch today and damn, that stuff is good.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

    Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

    The Bonin Petrels

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London : the L is for Value!
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Well, they don't care what you think and they say so on the bottle.

    The guy we were chatting with (not one of the two founders) is an Aussie.

    I had another Zeitgeist with lunch today and damn, that stuff is good.
    Well indeed. And it hasn't stopped me buying their beer. So I guess I'm the fool, really.

    edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by edg View Post
    Well indeed. And it hasn't stopped me buying their beer. So I guess I'm the fool, really.

    edg
    I think you can get it for near wholesale prices through their website. Certainly cheaper than the local Tesco, anyways.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

    Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

    The Bonin Petrels

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London : the L is for Value!
    Posts
    4,587
    One of those mixed boxes looks worth a punt - good shout, hop!

    edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in ur tubes
    Posts
    1,554
    Bitter Woman in the Rye.



    Also...

    We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,926
    Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Dogfish 90 min is a great one. As is Brooklyn Beer IPA - my favorite
    The 90 is almost too hoppy/heavy sometimes. The 60 is perfect for summer.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    LAX
    Posts
    1,114
    Recommend any IPA lovers in CO to check out Breckenridge Brewery's Small Batch 471 IPA. I know Argonuat carries it or if you're downtown I'll buy the first round at Breck Brew.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •