Page 213 of 237 FirstFirst ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 5919
    Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    My guess would be because New York is putting out some amazing brews. All the NY hazy ipas we get in say Northeastern, all the VT, ME, MA & CT ones say New England. ( we don’t get shit from RI or NH )

Not sure where you’re at, we ship a ton of beer to CA, WA & OR. I think 27 states In total. Lots of New England and Northeastern ipas I’ll put up a changeforanickel coupon code tomorrow.

Thanks for the orders from the guys that ordered before, the shipping discount screwed up so I just threw in extra beers.
    You can't ship to CO, right?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    You can't ship to CO, right?
    We do

We do
    https://youtu.be/D7C9F3YmgAY" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="https://youtu.be/D7C...7C9F3YmgAY</a>

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ah, I don't recall what I paid last yr in SF. Probably $10 a bottle

Slightly smaller cans, so losing an ounce per.

I was saying more the availability of so many great beers today, it's hard to justify paying that much for a shipment. Plus my local micro store gives us points that accumulates into $10 off...and they have Fiddlehead now!

I hear ya on the shipping.
    I have made a pretty conscious effort to support breweries only within a 50 mile radius of my abode during quarantine.
    I still scope out some of my favorites from Sacramento, Auburn, Oakland, but most of them are,only shipping cases, which is a bit too much for me to consume before they skunk up, not to mention that I don't have room to store 24 beers unless I toss out all my food.
    But I figured if you were a Pliny head who lives, say, in SoCal, and can't easily get that beer, then the shipping ain't that bad.
    Heck, the shipping from the likes of Fieldworks, New Glory, Crooked Lane, and Temescal breweries is not that bad, especially if you factor in what it would cost me in time/gas to drive to the breweries and pick-up.
    But, again, I have plenty of decent, super local choices to choose from here: Alibi; 50/50; Good Wolf; Shoe Tree; Truckee Brewing; Revision; 10Torr...plus if I want to expand my radius, the local health food store has a decent selection of rotating singles from all over the States.
    I do miss visiting new breweries, though...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Haha that’s amazing. As far as I can tell I’m legally allowed to ship to CO. There’s a few other beer stores south of us that also ship to CO.

I started the online store in January, just to try and generate revenue in the slow times, and it was just dumb luck that it coincided with everyone buying everything online.

Each state is different with the shipping laws, and some are so vague about the rules that I’m not even sure they know them. I’ve spoken with so many liquor authority people in so many states, I think we finally have our list pretty dialed.

^
    Yeah, the shipping is wonky. Most of the Cali breweries seem to only be shipping in/to California.
    Very few, if any of the NV (i.e for me, Reno) breweries are doing any kind of shipping at all.
    That said, my buddy's brewery, Alibi, which is in Incline Village, NV, is shipping to 13 states.
    I have no idea what the laws are or why some breweries are only shipping in state, others aren't shipping at all, and still others are able to ship to multiple states...it is all very confusing, hence why I am just buying local.

Oh and in regards to hazy vs non-hazy IPAs, I have found that I need a balance. Thus I usually have a 4er of haze and a 4er of non-haze in the fridge and alternate what I drink (non-haze one day, hazy the next and vice/versa). This way I rarely get over hopped or over juiced.

Well ok then sweet! What’s the website?

Haha that’s amazing. As far as I can tell I’m legally allowed to ship to CO. There’s a few other beer stores south of us that also ship to CO.

I started the online store in January, just to try and generate revenue in the slow times, and it was just dumb luck that it coincided with everyone buying everything online.

Each state is different with the shipping laws, and some are so vague about the rules that I’m not even sure they know them. I’ve spoken with so many liquor authority people in so many states, I think we finally have our list pretty dialed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well ok then sweet! What’s the website?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pm sent to avoid spamation of thread

Best Modern Classic IPA?

https://vinepair.com/articles/10-bes...-classic-ipas/

Dunno what to make of this article since I am largely unfamiliar with the so-called tastemakers that they interviewed. Additionally, I was only familiar with a few of the IPAs listed (Pliny, which has always been too heavy and rich for my palate; Hazy Little Thing, which I find to be horribly generic; Henhouse, which on the whole is a great brewery and I have enjoyed about 90% of the beers I have had from them).

Battery Steel Flume IIPA out of Portland.

Dangerously drinkable at 8%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid Cisco glass

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Best Modern Classic IPA?

Dunno what to make of this article since I am largely unfamiliar with the so-called tastemakers that they interviewed. Additionally, I was only familiar with a few of the IPAs listed (Pliny, which has always been too heavy and rich for my palate; Hazy Little Thing, which I find to be horribly generic; Henhouse, which on the whole is a great brewery and I have enjoyed about 90% of the beers I have had from them).
    Those articles are tough to write. It's not even possible to cover all that's available. And why throw in a dbl when most are single ipa's...odd. They mention Lunch from MBC which is a solid beer, but Dinner the dbl is better. I've always wanted a Dinner and a Pliny side by side to do a comparison. They're both west coast style and very good. Smooth af imo.

I do want to check out Calusa Brewing next time I'm in FL. That was a good tip.

Solid Cisco glass
    Logo is cool but their beer sucks. Battery Steele on the other hand is solid! Flume is great

Back East Double Scoop IIPA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1590635214.584342.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	329950

Really fucking good.

^
    I had their citra ipa on tap last summer at Mikro in Hamden which was fantastic but couldn't find cans anywhere and the brewery wasn't open when we were headed back north on Sunday. Will definitely be planning a stop there next time I am down that way, cans at the brewery only or can you find them retail now?

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Best Modern Classic IPA?

Lots of good beer mentioned: Lunch, Hill Farmstead, Cerebral Brewing and Comrade our of Denver, Pliny as you mention, Julius from Treehouse. These lists are almost always stupid but at least the beers mentioned are really good - except for all the British ones I don’t know.

Hazy Little Thing, however, is just not Sierra’s best work.

Pm sent to avoid spamation of thread
    Overruled. Listed here. You are doing good work T, and providing a great service.

https://thecraftbeercenter.com

Phenomenal selection of hard to find IPAs.

Hazy Little Thing, however, is just not Sierra’s best work.
    Agree, but for a mass produced hazy IPA it is quite good. Many just can't hit the mark in their huge batches, but I'd say Sierra does a pretty good job at it. Still can't stand up to the rest of the smaller batch breweries, but closer than fucking Voodoo Ranger crap.

But I agree, it isn't as good as the rest of that list

Overruled. Listed here. You are doing good work T, and providing a great service.

Jeezus! You have quite the inventory t-the-east! How do you have Bissell? I thought they were strict about staying home in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^
    I had their citra ipa on tap last summer at Mikro in Hamden which was fantastic but couldn't find cans anywhere and the brewery wasn't open when we were headed back north on Sunday. Will definitely be planning a stop there next time I am down that way, cans at the brewery only or can you find them retail now?
    Cans are around. Sometimes they’re in the “secret handshake” fridge, aka they’re not displayed and you gotta ask. Ice cream man, the single ipa version of this, is also excellent.

Logo is cool but their beer sucks. Battery Steele on the other hand is solid! Flume is great
    Haha, yeah the beer does suck. The Gripah ipa is decent. But they are really good friends of ours, We got married at the brewery way back when they first opened. I brought a cooler full of my own beer

Thanks! Also, the “changeforanickel” coupon code is now live. It’s hard to keep track of who ordered from here, but thanks to all the guys that did!

Jeezus! You have quite the inventory t-the-east! How do you have Bissell? I thought they were strict about staying home in Maine.
    Bissell pops up every month or so in the inventory. I gotta jump on all the harder-to-get stuff, it goes quick! We carry Bissell, Orono, Definitive & Maine Beer.Maine is making some fantastic beer.

And thanks again fellas! It’s a lot of work keeping the good stuff stocked. If you live in a state that we don’t ship to, send a pm and I’m sure we can work something out. “The mag special”

Haha, yeah the beer does suck. The Gripah ipa is decent. But they are really good friends of ours, We got married at the brewery way back when they first opened. I brought a cooler full of my own beer
    Ah, sorry! Yeah, the Gripah is the only one I drink. They were bought out right? Because they moved/rebranded into the old Red Hook here in Portsmouth NH to Cisco. That's really the only reason i know their beers. Live music is fairly frequent over there and its outside. I'm always wishing for better beer tho...not a huge fan of Red Hook either.

Ah, sorry! Yeah, the Gripah is the only one I drink. They were bought out right? Because they moved/rebranded into the old Red Hook here in Portsmouth NH to Cisco. That's really the only reason i know their beers. Live music is fairly frequent over there and its outside. I'm always wishing for better beer tho...not a huge fan of Red Hook either.
    I think they got something like $250 mil. From Anheiser Busch, but just the bottling rights. They still own and run the property on island. It’s a cash printing machine for some mediocre beer. But we still go there for a beer, oysters and lobster rolls on the yearly fall Striper/Albie fishing trip

Wait, Red Hook is still,around?

I remember when that was the cream of the West Coast crop of microbreweries, along with Red Tail, Full Sail, Anchor Steam, and Sierra .

I have not seen a Red Hook in a long time. But I don't miss it...