Page 200 of 237 FirstFirst ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5919
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Why make your beer taste aweful if it isn’t necessary for safety reasons? There, I said it.
    This. Ban the [hop] bomb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The lasting popularity of highly hopped IPAs sort of indicates there are lots of people who don't share your view, dontcha think?

There are plenty of beer styles out there with very little hop character, so I'm pretty sure all of us beer drinkers can get along.
    We can get along, as long as hop bombs are made illegal, they are a crime against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I dunno, man...

There's only 1 IPA on that list, so does 1-out-of-four really count in the IPA thread? Seems like it should be in that "Other Beers" thread...

Ha! It was only half the board and the two IPA's listed are outstanding top tier Maine shit man! Dinner is incredibly smooth and balanced.

This bar is a local... kind of a dive...that only serves good/great beer. They don't have a budweiser or the likes available, no TV's, just vinyl spinning. The owner is a huge beer geek that is well connected within the industry. Anyway, they are moving from the outskirts of Portsmouth to Hampton into a much larger and nicer building...that he's buying. Should be interesting to see what happens. This isn't exactly like taking a baby step in growing the business, it's more like moving up twenty stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I am counting 2 out of 5. How many beers you have today
    Maybe the same could be said about me taking a pic of only half the board.

Dawn of the Red Red IPA
    Ninkasi Brewing Company, Eugene, Oregon
    ABV: 7.0%
    Hops: El Dorado and Mosaic
    IBU: 66
    BOD: ? I inherited this at a recent beer swap, but given that several of the participants brought beers with BOD's dating back to August 2018 (!!!), I can only guess that this bottle might have been sitting in somebody's garage for at least that long...
    Drink Date: 6/20/19

A complete contrast to their Prismatic IPA (which has been discussed here), this beer, whilst boasting that it is "bursting with tropical notes" (as per the verbiage on the bottle), is really bursting with a pine sap aroma and intitial mouth feel, an even bitterness flowing throughout to the finish. It's sharp, but not stringent (i.e. it doesn't taste like crushed aspirin, thankfully). I would call it robust. The bottle also claims that it is "flavorful and juicy." I would concur with the flavorful part, but it was not juicy as per my definition of that word, more dry and crisp and clean.
    Went down well as the liquid accompaniement to a lunch of homemade "mutant" maki: rice paper and nori filled with white rice, sliced strawberries, sliced red bell pepper, sliced roma tomatoes, tofu, sauteed onions, homemade kale/asparagus pesto, and crushed tortilla chips.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8002.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	286359
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

PS
    Just found this article about Ninkasi.
    Not sure if that still makes them a craft brewery or not...it doesn't sound like Legacy Breweries, Inc. is a "bad" as the BIG beer conglomerates, but what do I know?*

https://www.brewbound.com/news/ninka...ther-breweries

*according to the Webz, a craft brewery is defined as thus: "An American craft brewer, defined by the Brewers Association, has an annual production of 6 million barrels of beer or less, and no more than 25% of the craft brewery is owned or controlled by an alcoholic beverage industry member that is not a craft brewer."

Name:	IMG_2420.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	286389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2422.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	286390

Name:	IMG_5336.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	286544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5337.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	916.7 KB 
ID:	286545
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Oatmeal? How is that?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Made an IPA with Rhar instead of Breiss yesterday. Preboil gravity was off but we rallied and nailed our OG in the tank. Single hopped with Azacca. The mash was dead on and it was the smoothest brew day so far.

I can not wait to taste this one, its gonna be FAB!
    watch out for snakes

Road Trip IPA
    Jackrabbit Brewing Company, West Sacramento, CA
    ABV: 7.0%
    Hops: Eureka, Simcoe
    IBU: 45
    OG: 1.065
    FG: 1.012
    Malts: "Featuring Locally Sourced Admiral Malts": Gallager's Best, Yolo Gold Wheat, Clipper Oats
    SRM: 5
    BOD: 6/4/19
    Drink Date: 6/24/19

This is what I would call a West Coast/East Coast hybrid: it's hazy in appearance, but the IBUs are higher than normal (which I dig) and the taste is a spicy and tangy juice burst with a zesty backend.
    I slammed it before I could even finish making lunch! Super tasty. Another solid effort from this Sac based brewery (the few IPAs I've had from them have all been stellar).

Name:	IMG_8003.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	286646

some damn good IPA's out there

Name:	IMG_2536.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	286647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	938.3 KB 
ID:	286648
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 06-24-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Really delicate flavor.
    Not sure if it was a good pairing with tacos but I fully enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Oatmeal? How is that?

More bitter than I expected. I liked it better as it warmed
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Interesting thanks. I’ll miss easy access to good beer now that we moved out of RI.

Back to basics with some Tree House Green. Solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digable Planets Hazy IPA
    Sonoma Springs Brewing Co., Sonoma, CA
    ABV: 7.2%
    Hops: Citra, Motueka, Galaxy
    IBU: 56
    BOD: purchased on 6/15 @ Raley's in Napa, CA; believe it was canned the first week of June
    Drink Date: drained the last can on 6/27/19 after a 6 hour hike/ski venture up Rifle Peak, NV

Persimmon and lime aroma, bitter citrus rind taste from start to finish that was remarkably refreshing on a brisk and windy late June afternoon as an accompaniement to lunch and an apres ski beverage. Not as amazing as the brewery's HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocios IPA (which boldly states "No grapefruits were harmed in the making of this beer"), but still a solid West Coast hazy.

Name:	IMG_7998.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	286970

Damn

Name:	IMG_7336.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	287118

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Name:	IMG_2637.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	757.8 KB 
ID:	287121

Tonight’s Utah sampler. The TF is very good, however I’m not sold on paying Treehouse/Trillium/Etc. prices for beer in Utah. Not quite $24/4pk good, but we’ve come a hell of a long way in Utah. Mountain IPA is delicious, piney, dank, but not too bitter or juicy. A happy medium reminding me of the old school standard IPA. Wasatch NE double is quite good. More to come from today’s haul down the road.

Name:	Image1561776118.470441.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	975.8 KB 
ID:	287139

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Name:	Image1561778525.549354.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	975.8 KB 
ID:	287142

Solid

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Structures Thrasher

This one is bitter in a way I haven't tasted in a while. It's good but it reminds me of an afternoon spent munching various hops to see if we could tell the difference. It's got that strong bitter, not piney or floral, taste that takes a second to hit, fades a little then lingers for a minute or twoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190628_204728.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	287144

no info or tap room with these dudes. super sweet and crisp finish dry-hopped.

Name:	E188B6C1-0EFB-4CC4-A936-92D49ECE36ED.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	287147

FKNA

Last edited by SB; 06-29-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Fkna

Treehouse Spring. Juicy. Little sweet. Either my 4th or 5th favorite Treehouse. Recommend. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9271.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	287190

Keanu Is Immortal IPA
    Henhouse Brewing Company, Santa Rosa, CA
    ABV: 6.8%
    Hops: Citra and Centennial
    IBU:
    BOD: 6/05/19
    Drink Date: been drinking these all of June, but drained my final can on 6.29.19, just 4 days shy of the "expiration" date!

From the label:
    "As we all know "Keanu" is awesome and known for living a simple life, giving away most of his earnings and being kind to strangers. "Keanu" possesses the kind of enlightenment that takes decades to achieve. Or lifetimes. Which begs the questions: Why does "Keanu" look so much like the painting of French actor Paul Mounet (1847-1922)? Why do "Keanu" lookalikes show up in so many 15th century paintings? Why does "Keanu" look identical to the Albrecht Durer engraving of Charlemagne? Given that "Charlemagne" was an historical fiction, how could Durer even know what "Charlemagne" looked like? Durer's "Charlemagne" engraving actually looks more like a self-portrait. Why does Durer--a prominent artist who was in freguent contact with known alchemist, Leonardo DaVinci--look so much like "Keanu"? Did Leo give Durer the secret to life everlasting? How else can you explain Keanu's anachronistic appearances? A time traveling phone booth? Preposterous. KEANU IS IMMORTAL is made with Citra and Centennial hops. These cans are perishable and this beer expires in 28 days. Do not save, drink now. Like right now. Why are you still reading, you're wasting time! Hop aromatics start to fade the moment beer is packaged and heat speeds up the process. So stop warming up this can and drink the beer!"

A nice, mild West Coast hazy IPA with citrus notes and easy drinkability. Besides, how the f%*k can you not like an IPA called "Keanu Is Immortal"?

Name:	IMG_8005.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	287218