Page 207 of 237 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 5919
    Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    It is hands down my favorite beer from VT.
    I’ll choose it over most things I see on tap in VT or anywhere else. Just found a local place in NH that has it on tap, it just became my new Apres place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, we have it tap in a few spots but it kicks really quick and they typically don't have a back up, so it's still random catching it.

i just changed jobs back to nh. i will not miss upper pass however, the last cloud drop had some gross ass smoke flavor leftover.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Have you had RRBC's "Happy Hops" IPA?

It's pretty damn tasty...

from the label:

"Happy Hops was originally brewed in 1944 by the Grace Brother's Brewery in Santa Rosa, CA. We are paying homage to the Grace family, whose brewery closed in the 1960's, and have revived "Happy," the charming hop character who graces the front of this label. Happy Hops is an IPA brewed with both new and old world hop varieties, giving this beer bold aromas and flavors with notes of tropical and stone fruits."

I posted a pic of the bottle and a poured glass along with a mini-review back in August:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...03#post5743703

PS:
    Dig your picture. It looks like there's a nuclear apocalypse going down in the background and you're enjoying your last beer before being incinerated...
    I have not had the Happy. I'll look for it.

Thanks. That's Mendocino Beach. When we vacation, the lady likes her 4-5pm nap and I like my 4-5pm happy hour at the beach. Works perfect.

My camera was doing that to the sun. Got some trippy pics. The sun kept appearing like that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0207201721b_HDR.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	316791

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I have not had the Happy. I'll look for it.

Thanks. That's Mendocino Beach. When we vacation, the lady likes her 4-5pm nap and I like my 4-5pm happy hour at the beach. Works perfect.

My camera was doing that to the sun. Got some trippy pics. The sun kept appearing like that.

Name:	0207201721b_HDR.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	316791
    This pic is super sweet.

In other, IPA related news, I am super bummed that I missed out on this release:

Name:	Opening+Day.jpg 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	316822
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Fiddlehead IPA is so damn good. That beer is showing up more and more around here and it's just better than anything else.
    Fiddlehead is one of those ubiquitous VT beers that's on tap all over the state but it gets over looked. I had a few FH pints this weekend forgot how goddamn good it is. Its a no bullshit, nearly perfect NEIPA.

Quitting time in 20 min. Might have to hit the bar for a pint on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, we have it tap in a few spots but it kicks really quick and they typically don't have a back up, so it's still random catching it.
    Come on up. I keep a keg of it on tap at the house.

some damn good IPA's out there

Outer Range brewing is now giving the NE hazy breweries a run for their money, and Weldworks a run for the title of best brewery in Colorado.

Their take-home offerings are pretty limited day to day but I’ve now had an opportunity to have cans of hazy IPAs In The Steep, Vert, Pastel, Steezy, Leave the Life Below, Blocks of Light etc. All excellent (blocks of light not as recommended though).

Really impressed by what they’ve pulled off in 3 years.

If you find it grab it.

Lucky to have girlfriends parents in MI and my folks in MA/VT so we’re stocked regularly. That combined with trips to CO/WY regularly we’re doing alright. Utah is getting better but holy shit TF brewing is charging $24/4 to go. They have a new fruited sour with lactose ipa releasing tomorrow. Will report back.

Right now enjoying an old classic with some Fall 97 Phish

Name:	Image1582332245.151164.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	316866

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    ...but holy shit TF brewing is charging $24/4 to go....
    So, that comes out to $6 a beer, eh?

Dunno what you pay for beers in a restaurant/bar where you are at, but here in Tahoe a "craft" beer (and this can be anything from a Sierra Nevada or Blue Moon to a nano or micro brew) usually runs between $8 and $10 at the bar, plus "resort" taxes. Toss in a tip and you pay, on average, between $10 and $12 for a pint.

"Most" of the small breweries in town charge between $6 and $8 a pint, with, again, a "resort" tax on top, so if you drink in (at the brewery) it comes out to roughly $8 to $10 for a pint.

So, in the end, paying $24 a 4-pack is quite the deal, imho
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Lucky to have girlfriends parents in MI and my folks in MA/VT so we’re stocked regularly. That combined with trips to CO/WY regularly we’re doing alright. Utah is getting better but holy shit TF brewing is charging $24/4 to go. They have a new fruited sour with lactose ipa releasing tomorrow. Will report back.

Right now enjoying an old classic with some Fall 97 Phish

Name:	Image1582332245.151164.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	316866

Love M43. Excellent.

In CO it’s usually 16-18 per 4 pack. $4-4.50 per beer. Not bad. When it gets up to $20 I start to get a little grumpy about it.

Oh agreed on the pricing, it’s totally reasonable, but when I’m home and can get a 4 pack from trillium, alchemist, Burlington beer co, outer range, etc for 21 max, paying 24 for salt lake beer that’s almost as good is a little tough, but TF has cornered the market

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    So, that comes out to $6 a beer, eh?

Dunno what you pay for beers in a restaurant/bar where you are at, but here in Tahoe a "craft" beer (and this can be anything from a Sierra Nevada or Blue Moon to a nano or micro brew) usually runs between $8 and $10 at the bar, plus "resort" taxes. Toss in a tip and you pay, on average, between $10 and $12 for a pint.

"Most" of the small breweries in town charge between $6 and $8 a pint, with, again, a "resort" tax on top, so if you drink in (at the brewery) it comes out to roughly $8 to $10 for a pint.

So, in the end, paying $24 a 4-pack is quite the deal, imho
    You are comparing apples to oranges.

Excellent. Just picked it up tonight. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	316894

New beer day in Utah, TF’s berry fruited sour with lactose IPA. This beer has an identity crisis. Sold out early to-go, got one at the brewery tonight. Good, but lacked any IPA-ness.

Name:	IMG_8593.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	370.5 KB 
ID:	317065
    Then hit fisher for the food truck, had a Piney Brown on draft which was A+. Picked up some of Beer #10 hazy IPA to go, really dang good. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8594.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	462.3 KB 
ID:	317067

TH is $24/4 pack??!! That’s absurd, I’ve got better beer at the gas station down the street for $14/4 pack.

Those sour fruited lactose beers are not IPAs, completely different animal.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    TH is $24/4 pack??!! That’s absurd, I’ve got better beer at the gas station down the street for $14/4 pack.

Some of their IPAs are, that berry one was $20.

I agree on the fruited sour, they called out IPA on the can, but could have killed it if they just tried to nail the fruited sour.

I'm glad to see that Outer Range has continued to hone their products and put out great beers. I was impressed by their beers almost 3 years ago when I first happened upon the place. I think I have several posts in this thread chronicling their 2017/early 2018 releases.

Lord willin' I'll be back in range of their beers sometime in the not too distant future.

Name:	B7EA7AFA-DEA0-475B-977E-79AAD7035188.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	525.6 KB 
ID:	318506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30481A50-CBC6-4485-A40A-FA7E31263121.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	734.1 KB 
ID:	318507
    watch out for snakes

Name:	0362B8E0-6A08-41C8-8547-981121AB87AD.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	668.3 KB 
ID:	318529

Beer twosey for the night, no presentation pic cuz I drank it in the fucking hot tub. Mildly dank with a nicely sweet citrus set of B cups. Easy down for its 8.2% abc. I give it two and 3/4 tap handles.
    watch out for snakes

Societe now doing cans, and not those stupid 4-packs!

Technically a pale ale, but drinks like an ipa. DDH Citra. Nice at a low abv

NEWPORT, RI—Regretting that he never got a chance to sample even a single imperial stout during his years abusing alcohol, recovering alcoholic Scott Rimer expressed bitterness Monday that he had the misfortune to reach the lowest point of his life before the craft beer boom. “Goddammit. I can’t believe I hopelessly bottomed out and made the difficult decision to clean up my act just months before small, dedicated breweries started gaining real traction,” said Rimer, who confessed to feeling that his entire time as a drunk was squandered pounding Pabst Blue Ribbon and Bud Light when he could have delayed sobriety a bit longer and enjoyed a wide variety of hoppy India pale ales for a while. “I wasted years of my life drinking Schlitz in shady run-down dives. If I’d only had a little patience, I could have been in a hip brewery with dozens of different styles of beer rotating on tap. The alcohol content is high—I could have been getting fucking hammered so quickly. The bleak, gray hellscape of my addiction would have been a lot more colorful if I had known about sours, lambics, and barleywines.” Rimer was later found in his garage, relapsed and unconscious, his body curled around an empty growler of a fruity and complex Belgian tripel.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    NEWPORT, RI—Regretting that he never got a chance to sample even a single imperial stout during his years abusing alcohol, recovering alcoholic Scott Rimer expressed bitterness Monday that he had the misfortune to reach the lowest point of his life before the craft beer boom. “Goddammit. I can’t believe I hopelessly bottomed out and made the difficult decision to clean up my act just months before small, dedicated breweries started gaining real traction,” said Rimer, who confessed to feeling that his entire time as a drunk was squandered pounding Pabst Blue Ribbon and Bud Light when he could have delayed sobriety a bit longer and enjoyed a wide variety of hoppy India pale ales for a while. “I wasted years of my life drinking Schlitz in shady run-down dives. If I’d only had a little patience, I could have been in a hip brewery with dozens of different styles of beer rotating on tap. The alcohol content is high—I could have been getting fucking hammered so quickly. The bleak, gray hellscape of my addiction would have been a lot more colorful if I had known about sours, lambics, and barleywines.” Rimer was later found in his garage, relapsed and unconscious, his body curled around an empty growler of a fruity and complex Belgian tripel.
    Can't believe it, just like I said in the roll call, happiest when people are miserable. This ^^ kind of stuff searches you out on teh webz.
    Reapers looking fo U.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I see session IPAs being very popular in the post corona wurld.

We just happen to have a batch in the fermenter cold crashing.
    watch out for snakes