Page 3 of 237 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Rockies Brewing Company's Mojo Risin' Double IPA, only available this time of year.

I'm in the middle of Montucky so my selection is a bit limited, but tried and enjoyed some of these last night

Also worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I've also recently enjoyed Dogfish Head's 60" IPA. I prefer the 60 over the 90.
    Locally, we've got several Dogfish Head Alehouses (an unrelated restauranteur secured rights to the name, and serves his own menu with their beers), and they pour a "75-minute IPA" that's a blend (in the glass) of 60 and 90 minute. To my taste buds, it's better than either on its own.

One of our favorite haunts just added Firestone Walker's Union Jack IPA on tap. Had a couple pints last night... It's delicious!

Not such a fan of the Dogfish Head 90 or 60 ... the 90 is toasty heavy malty and bitter but I'm so into my west coast groove with the crisper, brighter more citrusy IPAs like Racer 5.

Tried out the Ranger IPA last night and thought it was decent, but like I said not bright enough or flowery enough for me to be impressed.

Night before that I was drinking some more of the Elder, and that hands down is my favorite year-round IPA. The Younger is the best one I've ever had, though I couldn't drink that stuff everyday, even if it were available for more than 2 weeks out of the year ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I'm so into my west coast groove with the crisper, brighter more citrusy IPAs

Reminds me of a few I recently had....the Marahaja from Avery Brewing....very grapefruity flavors and the MUST TRY - Bells HopSlam ....peachy/honey and perfection

^ will do, have had those two on my list for a while now. Hopefully I get a chance to try side-by-side with my beloved Pliny the Elder.

One very interesting one I tried recently had a slight bit of tartness mixed in with the resin, making for almost a "fruit rollup" type of mouthfeel. Drake's Denogginizer (San Leandro CA) ... however as it warmed up it started to fall apart a bit. I was drinking alongside a Port Hop 15 IPA (San Marcos CA) which actually became less malt heavy as it warmed up and expressed more of the flowery notes. Both beers are plus recommends ... it's so nice being a bus ride away from Toronado SF.

Another rare find I recently had at Toronado was Sierra Nevada Hoptimum - pretty high on the honey flavor.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Has there really been no mention of Odell's IPA? I love the aromaticity it has.

Also, as mentioned by someone else, the Heady Topper from the Alchemist is awesome. Just wish I could get it in a growler.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Mojo Risin is currently abalable on tap[ at Rcokies Brewing Co.

Its only 10 percent abv, dont be a pussyy

i've been really enjoying Ska's Modus Hoperandi

also, i know it's not boutique, but the Sierra Nevada Torpedo is surprisingly awesome.

Odell's IPA is great. Last couple of trips to Falling Rock Taphouse, I've been hooked on the Avery Maharaja. Pliny the Elder is another great one too...wish I would of made to FR prior to them selling out of Pliny the Younger.

If anyone is in the seattle area, and comes across Black Raven Trickster IPA on tap, buy a pint. Actually, if you see anything brewed by them, get some. Best new WA state brewery in years.

http://www.blackravenbrewing.com/

I have lately become addicted to the oskar blues gordon, which is basically a strong IPA even though they call it a double red. Their Gubna imperial IPA is also very tasty.
    smoke crack and worship satan

Bridgeport Hop Czar is quite tasty. I was in Costco yesterday and noticed they are selling it by the case. I think it was $22.99.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    ..the Marahaja from Avery Brewing....very grapefruity flavors...
    That stuff is dangerous. First time I had it, I didn't realize it was an imperial until I was several in, I just saw a new tap at my local watering hole and decided to try it, the taste didn't really clue me in either. At first I was ordering them with other drinks and it was happy hour, so the price didn't tip me off either.

I didn't realize anything was amiss until the missus pointed out that I attempted to throw 5 darts in one round (this was after 3 Maharajas), at which point she gave me her beer and agreed to be the driver, thinking my tolerance was just low that night. After handing my keys over and deciding it would be a blackout night, I went back for another Maharaja, paid full price and bought just that. I almost fell over when the bartender said $10, this is when I discovered it was an imperial.

Tasty stuff, even on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

I enjoy an IPA every once in a while, not my first choice of beers but I don't like to discriminate when it comes to alcohal. What I do not like is how some brewerys are adding hoppy flavor porters and lagers. Whats with the new school brewers wanting to increase IBUs and hops to Porters and Stouts? GTFO with that shit, is dislike this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    What I do not like is how some brewerys are adding hoppy flavor porters and lagers. Whats with the new school brewers wanting to increase IBUs and hops to Porters and Stouts?
    It's called balance.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

http://www.planbbrewing.com/beer

Idiot rock IPA

all their beer comes in 1 litre bottles,if you book a head(pun intended) they will brew you a keg or 5 for large events or ski hut trips ... their 1/2 kegs fit more easily in a chopper than the big commercial kegs

Sacto area only....Rubicon IPA
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I think this stuff is only available on tap, so probably only in western MT, but I think it is absolutely exceptional.

soooo good. Most of their good/specialty shit is only available up here though. lower 48... gotta do that while I can because I sure do miss my 90 Schillings and 5 barrel/90 schilling mix.

the kids are all wasted on pot listening to heavy metal

That's the shit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByStultz View Post

That's the shit right there.
    ^^This one^^

On the aforementioned ill fated Maharaja night, I eventually switched over to the X (or it may have just been called 10th anniversary then, like your label) because it was cheaper (this was at Tusk, BTW, I noticed your location), about as tasty and has the exact same alcohol content. Just a few pints of imperials really does the trick.

Love me some ten, when I worked nights, I'd get out, go home, drink a (large, 22oz??) bottle of ten, maybe another beer or two and spin off to sleep. Good shit, but way better on tap.

I'm a bit of a Middle Ages fan boy, I've only had one beer of their's I can outright remember not liking (Druid Fluid), otherwise they've all either been downright winners or at the very least, enjoyable.

^^
    Best brewery in town by a long shot. I love me some wailing wench and double ipa.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Bridgeport Hop Czar is quite tasty.
    Said it before, I don't think there's any bad beer brewed in Oregon (or Warshington either).
    Anwho, the past couple of time I've taken bridgeport fishing with me I've scored big...
    Christmas time...

Spring time...

I like bridgeport
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByStultz View Post
    ^^
    Best brewery in town by a long shot. I love me some wailing wench and double ipa.
    Whose their competition?

Empire? Great beer, but you can only get it at the restaurant.
    Syracuse Suds? Same deal as Empire, except for the great beer part. Shit tastes like fermented dishwater. No idea how that place stays in business.

AB/INBEV? I think they are disqualified from this discussion.

If you're talking regional (Ithaca, Saranac, Roosterfish, Sackets Harbor, etc), I'd still agree, the best in at least a few hour drive. Although Omegang kicks some major ass on the Belgian styles, but Middle Ages has got a lot more variety.

SPA is my go to session beer, very tasty, but still light enough to drink all night.

Wench is good stuff when I'm in the mood for it, same thing with the Duke.

Haha well I was only really comparing them to the actual syracuse brews (of which there aren't many). As you said suds is garbage. Empire is not bad... but as far as IPAs go they leave something to be desired. Their ipa is NOT an ipa as far as i'm concerned. I do love ithaca brewing company... cascazilla is a fantastic beer. saranac is passable. Ommegang is fantastic as you know.