Page 2 of 237 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    If you're looking for something SUPER hoppy, try Victory Brewing's Hop Wallop. Used to be seasonal but now they're making it year-round!

Delish
    Quote Originally Posted by wi3dzmin View Post
    Bitter Woman in the Rye.

And fuck Boulder, despite the fine offerings from Avery:

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNowWorkLater View Post
    If you're looking for something SUPER hoppy, try Victory Brewing's Hop Wallop. Used to be seasonal but now they're making it year-round!

^^That's pretty good stuff but I'm still a big fan of their HopDevil. Really miss it from the cask at the brewery, but at least I can buy both in Colorado now which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    For whatever reason, IPA seems to be most breweries "flagship" beer. Can you name a decent micro brewery that doesn't make an IPA year round? (Omegang is the only one I can come up with)

Not discounting the style, cause I love em , I just find this interesting. IPAs do give me a hangover like no other beer can though, maybe this is why I'm nitpicking on this one. IPAs hurt, even in small doses. 3 Southern Tiers gave me a pretty serious all day hangover once and I didn't even get drunk. WTF!?!?!
    Until fairly recently, to my knowledge Ska Brewing did not brew a year round IPA (or at least they didn't bottle/can and distribute it), and their flagship beer is a red ale (Pinstripe). But now they put Modus Hoperandi in cans.

My current favorite IPA is not bottled, but if you get to Nederland, try the Hop Diggity at the Wild Mountain Smokehouse. Really flavorful and not ridiculously overhopped.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hop Wallop and Hop Stoopid x2. I prefer Hop Wallop to Hop Devil. Don't know why, just do. A store around here used to carry Hop Wallop, but they don't anymore; they still have the devil but no wallop....wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Some faves in no particular order...

If I'm going to the corner store for a sixer... this is most likely what I'll come back with.

plus all three of their "bond street' beers are

A hop head's IPA. This stuff is like candy to me.

WA style

Hoppy, but balanced with a nice malty undertone. This is the IPA that my non-hop-head friends actually like. (made by Skagit River Brewery)

Hometown fave - Boundary Bay IPA. Drink more than two and you'll be posting in the hangover check-in thread.
    Last edited by pisteoff; 06-02-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    Hop Wallop and Hop Stoopid x2. I prefer Hop Wallop to Hop Devil.
    Yeah, I like Stoopid and Devil, but I've never tried Wallop... this is why I like tgr.

Fuck! I forgot about Inversion IPA, that's one of my favorites, but living on this side of the country I rarely get to enjoy one. Another IPA I forgot to mention, but friggin' love is:

and this one too, kinda mellow and smooth for an IPA, but its still good.

Damn this thread is making me thirsty.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Cali has been work'n it lately IMHO. Check out IPAs by Ballast Point (Sculpin & Big Eye) and Greenflash (West Coast and Double). Many other greats have been listed here as well.

Ripped some pitchers of Racer 5 (Cali), 22 oz of Hop-15 from Port (Cali again!), and some bottles o' Simcoe Double IPAs from Weyerbacher all this past weekend... was a fun one ...oh yeah some Loose Cannon IPA from Heavy Seas out of MD as well.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    I've had a few really nice ones lately: In order of preference
    1. Dogfish 90 min
    2. Bell's Hopslam
    3. New Holland's Mad Hatter [damn you ]
    4. Founder's Centennial
    5. Mt. Pleasant Iron Horse
    Hell ya on all of those. Ever try any of the Half Acre beers from Chicago? It's a fairly new brewery I guess. Just had the Daisy Cutter Pale Ale this weekend and was very pleasantly surprised. Also a big fan of most of the Great Lakes beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    No love for the Stone IPA?
    big love to the stone ipas.. Ruination IPA is awesome!! but sad for any others occupying the same space as one's ass after drinking a 22oz bottle..
    (BTW, Double Bastard is fucking amazing, though an ale by definition, a very pleasantly hoppy one)
    Also, from deschutes, Hop Trip, Hop Henge, and my fave of the three, Red Chair IPA. Plus, how can you go wrong with an IPA named after a ski lift?

Lagunitas IPA is pretty tasty.

Hop Rising, the new Double IPA from Squatters is pretty damn good (the hoppiness reminds me of a few Magic Hat's brews). And at 9%, it'll get you pretty buzzed too.

1. Sweetgrass IPA from Grand Teton Brewing is $$$
    2. They are making a seasonal double called Lost Continent which is good as well

Also really like Green Flash...very hoppy, very tasty.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

^^^^ Grand Teton does a Sweetgrass double IPA too in one of those wax top bomber bottles. Pretty l'git.

Really been on a Green Flash West Coast IPA kick but its like 14 bones a sixer which is an incredible nut shot. Tough to pay more than $2 a beer in store but stuff is so damn good.
    Uno mas

Any VTers had the Heady Topper IPA from The Alchemist brewpub in Waterbury? Supposed to be a hop-bomb and is rated very highly on BeerAdvocate.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Phillips IPA from Victoria, BC is very good too.

Some of my faves:

Anderson Valley Hop Ottin
    Stone
    Dogfish Head
    OB Gordon (maybe not an IPA but def hoppy)
    I'm very partial to Odell's IPA. Love it. Also try the St Lupulin Extra Pale they have out now. Very nice.

Can't think of any others right now, been drinking too much Old Pile and PBR. I need a new job so I can afford the good shit again.

I will throw in a big vote for the following previously mentioned brews:
    - Pliny the Elder (<- heaven in a bottle)
    - Stone IPA
    - Racer 5

For a budget IPA, I rather enjoyed the widmer bros. Broken Halo. It's nothing outstanding - but a solid brew for a good price.

Also, if you find yourself at Northstar, make it a point to stop by rubicon pizza for a Pulled Pork pizza and the Rubicon IPA. Both selections bring the awesome, and when combined in the same meal, get dangerously close to bending the space-time continuum.

Racer X>Racer 5.
    Bear Republic had a cask-conditioned Racer 5 when I was there a few years back. Always have to try the casked beer at the breweries I visit...

Tonight I had 22 oz Hop Stoopid and a Stone Ruination and I VERY MUCH prefer the Stoopid. Seems to be a more balanced beer with a better finish.

Either that or it's #2 of 2

Regardless, this thread needed to be updated and remembered.
    Last edited by gatorboy; 04-25-2010 at 06:24 AM.

WHAAAAAT?

OH..WHHAAAT?

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

GD Titan is always my go to. Upslope isn bad, stone is always good and the new belgium actually isnt that terrible either...
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

Lost Coast's Indica IPA is excellent. Edit- Now I think it sucks (041414).

I've also recently enjoyed Dogfish Head's 60" IPA. I prefer the 60 over the 90.
    Last edited by Viva; 04-14-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Bengali Tiger IPA from Sixpoint brewery Brooklyn NY. My favorite.