Page 199 of 237 FirstFirst ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5919
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    The honey would have scared me away from that one
    Not sure if it’s honey or honey malt in this beer. Honey is highly fermentable so it actually tough to get any honey flavor from it alone.

Beekeeper dipa is a BBC favorite, but I don't really care for the petal prophecy, I find them both a bit of cloying

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Yeah, if it's added to the mash it's all good. After fermentation, not so much in an IPA.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    There's a little brewery in Santa Cruz called Humble Sea that is absolutely killing it. Every beer has been awesome. I have to believe there is a bunch of little guys popping up all over the place doing the same these days.
    Novel Brewing in Oakland, .CA is uber small and everything I have had from them has been stellar.

Ditto for Black Doubt in Mammoth (they are billed as a "nano brewery"), though word on the street is that they are prepping to expand.

Gonna have to peep Humble Sea!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

An old ski partner/co-worker/friend co-owns novel with her hubby. Almost always a few coworkers/former coworkers there. Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    An old ski partner/co-worker/friend co-owns novel with her hubby. Almost always a few coworkers/former coworkers there. Good stuff
    I am pretty sure I met her and she served me on my initial visit there! I was a bit buzzed, though, having just come from Temescal Brewing, but it was a quiet Sunday and the woman behind the bar was kind enough to indulge my questions and conversations and I swear she told me she was one of the owners (although I forget her name now).

Their "Go Dog Go" is still one of the best West Coast brewed Hazy IPAs I've ever had (keeping in mind that I still have not had a true New England/North Eastern Hazy IPA from Vermont as of yet)...very distinct (tasted like an inside out caramel apple, if said caramel apple was made with a tart, bitter Granny Smith apple). Great literary vibe, too (love the taster trays which are made out of routered and laquered books)

I am liking Founders All day IPA but it seems a bit over hopped. I may have to do my own version only smoothed out in the IBU department.
    watch out for snakes

You know, the English added extra hops to the brew they sent off to India as a preservative, so the barrels wouldn’t turn into deadly toxic waste in the heat. They didn’t do that to the beer they drank at home.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    You know, the English added extra hops to the brew they sent off to India as a preservative, so the barrels wouldn’t turn into deadly toxic waste in the heat. They didn’t do that to the beer they drank at home.
    Thanks for the well known history lesson. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Thanks for the well known history lesson. What's your point?
    Why make your beer taste aweful if it isn’t necessary for safety reasons? There, I said it.

Why make your beer taste aweful if it isn’t necessary for safety reasons? There, I said it.

Adding a bunch of hops for preservation that indirectly resulted in delicious hoppy ales is ideal compared to flat, warm, bitter English beer. Beer in England is terrible and its ironic they created IPAs.

The lasting popularity of highly hopped IPAs sort of indicates there are lots of people who don't share your view, dontcha think?

There are plenty of beer styles out there with very little hop character, so I'm pretty sure all of us beer drinkers can get along.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Beer in England is terrible and its ironic they created IPAs.
    Have you ever tried an Old Speckled Hen? It's delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The lasting popularity of highly hopped IPAs sort of indicates there are lots of people who don't share your view, dontcha think?

There are plenty of beer styles out there with very little hop character, so I'm pretty sure all of us beer drinkers can get along.
    I find it humorous when people bitch about a beer style that they don't like. Don't drink it. Drink the styles you like and stfu about the ones you don't because nobody cares about your opinion if you don't like any in the whole category.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Ols Speckled Hen was my jam when I lived in SF and we met at the Bloodhound in SOMA and shot digital elk on Big Buck Hunter after work on Wednesdays.

Boddington's is also legit, imho.

And I dug the hell outta British ESB's back in the day...that was my first experience with beer, visiting London when I was 19 and being able to purchase a pint and drink it on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I customer of mine gave me a bottle recently. It looked like old, flat, malty crap. It was, in fact, pretty delicious. Who would’ve thought

Blind Pig IPA
    Russian River Brewing Company, Russian River & Windsor, CA
    ABV: 6.25%
    Hops: ?
    IBU: ?
    BOD; 5/13/19
    Drink Date: 6/17/19

I first had this NorCal classic IPA more than 10 years ago and loved it. Have not had it since as it's kind of hard to come by unless you live in the immediate Bay Area, and even then it's still a hard one to track down. Several bottles appeared at the local natural grocer (New Moon) in Truckee, so I snagged on. $7 for a pint is a bit pricey, but then that's what a beer goes for (at least) in the local breweries.
    The taste was intitially a bit of a shock given that I've been drinking a lot of West Coast brewed, New England-inspired hazy IPAs the past several years, not to mention quite a bit of the new West Coast-styled IPAs from newer craft and nano breweries. This IPA is clean and simple, adhering to the classic pine-meets-undefined citrus aroma and flavors. It felt a bit thin on the mouth at first pull, but the longer I let it aerate, the better it tasted. Also went well with my meal. Not as "adventurous" in terms of flavor compared to some of the newer breweries operating in the Bay, Sac, and Tahoe/Reno areas that I've had, but definitely a refined classic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7997.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	286305

Hydraulic Sandwich
    Mare Island Brewing Co., Mare Island, Vallejo, CA
    ABV: 7.1%
    Hops: ?
    IBU: 51
    SRM: 6.4
    BOD: ? (though I am guessing somewhere between April and June of this year, 2019, based on the other beers that were next to it in the Raley's beer cooler).
    Drink Date: 6/19/19

Sweaty apricot aroma mingles with that classic piney-cum-mechanical taste found in the best West Coast-styled IPAs. Great, juicy (but not fruity) initial mouthfeel, with a pleasingly warm bitter finish that is round and smooth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8000.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	286309

Dinner on tap is muy bueno

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Dinner on tap is muy bueno

I dunno, man...

There's only 1 IPA on that list, so does 1-out-of-four really count in the IPA thread? Seems like it should be in that "Other Beers" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I dunno, man...

There's only 1 IPA on that list, so does 1-out-of-four really count in the IPA thread? Seems like it should be in that "Other Beers" thread...

I am counting 2 out of 5. How many beers you have today
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I am counting 2 out of 5. How many beers you have today
    Only 2...

Was unaware that "Dinner" was an IPA, since it doesn't state so on the board. Also, who the f%^k calls their IPA "Dinner"? That seems a more appropriate name for a porter or stout, imho (which is what I assumed it was, since it didn't say "IPA" after it).

Only 2...

Was unaware that "Dinner" was an IPA, since it doesn't state so on the board. Also, who the f%^k calls their IPA "Dinner"? That seems a more appropriate name for a porter or stout, imho (which is what I assumed it was, since it didn't say "IPA" after it).
    Dinner is a highly revered DIPA by Maine Beer Co. Announced releases and people would stand in ridiculously long lines at retail for it. Rarely seen off site but maybe that is changing. It is very good but few beers worth standing in line for these days imho given how much quality there is generally.

I was lucky that a coworker attended a release and passed along a bottle as thanks for other beers I’d been scoring for him. Really enjoyed it but hyped more due to its rarity.
    Uno mas

I dunno, man...

were a bunch of drunks here in new england, thats likely only a 1/4 of the tap list