Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Broomfield, CO tix went on sale this morning. Hope theyre around for a while because I dont feel like dropping $200+ on tickets until after New Years.

Fellas, I need some help.

I am a complete tech JONG and a Mac user. Help me with bt.etree.org . I think I downloaded the Bit Torrent software but can't seem to access anything. Can someone help a JONG out?

Edit: I keep getting errors when trying to complete the downloads. If can figure out how to do this, how the hell can I get these files imported to iTunes?

i dont use a mac, so im not totally familiar w/ the bit torrent setup for a mac

but i know that a popular bit torrent app is transmission

once you get the files downloaded from the torrent @ bt.etree.org, youll need to convert the FLAC files to mp3 or m4a or whatever you use, because as far as i know, itunes wont play a FLAC file.

heres a link i found on google about using transmission

http://www.corewerkz.com/the-mac-torrent-page/intro/

Captain Picard is on the path here. You'll need to convert the files using transmission or something like it. Probably other tools on eTree linked as well.

Once converted you can burn them or drop 'em in iTunes, drag and drop, jam out.

Quote Originally Posted by jong_luc_picard View Post
    i dont use a mac, so im not totally familiar w/ the bit torrent setup for a mac

but i know that a popular bit torrent app is transmission

once you get the files downloaded from the torrent @ bt.etree.org, youll need to convert the FLAC files to mp3 or m4a or whatever you use, because as far as i know, itunes wont play a FLAC file.

heres a link i found on google about using transmission

http://www.corewerkz.com/the-mac-torrent-page/intro/
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Captain Picard is on the path here. You'll need to convert the files using transmission or something like it. Probably other tools on eTree linked as well.

Once converted you can burn them or drop 'em in iTunes, drag and drop, jam out.
    Thanks! I will try as soon as I get the chance. What other music players do you use for that stuff?

I just listen to them with iTunes on the computer or iPod/phone for portable. I don't bother burning to CD anymore, got lazy and tired of discs all over the place.

you can also download the compressed files off Archive.org, unzip them and drop right into iTunes.

When the Wallingford show comes up grab it, the Dark Star was niiiiiice.

for converting SHN files I've had good luck with mkwACT.

scored tix for the March 6 show in Broomfield, CO... can't wait for this show....

Somehow I missed last month's announcement that Kadlecik left DSO.

so looks like nye run + rehersals in tiny halls bookending

December 27, 2009 – Mill Valley Masonic Center
    December 28, 2009 – Mill Valley Masonic Center
    December 30, 2009 – Bill Graham Civic
    December 31, 2009 – Bill Graham Civic
    January 3, 2010 - 142 Throckmorton Theatre
    January 4, 2010 - 142 Throckmorton Theatre
    January 5, 2010 - 142 Throckmorton Theatre

BSS Guest
    142 & Masonic only hold like 3-400 or so folks each. Should be awesome for those who got tickets, but they're will call only & a 1 ticket max per person and have to present ID in your own name before the show to claim. Pretty creative way to eliminate the scalpers though. Luckily RRE is playing the same nights in the city for those who weren't quick enough on the trigger (me.) But I've seen tons of 30&31 tix go for less than face on ebay, CL, and stubhub so if you're still on the fence I'm sure there will be plenty available outside BGCC. I don't think it's even sold out yet.

EC winter tour is going way quicker than I thought it would. Asheville, Buffalo, Radio City, Ithaca, Chicago and a few other good sized (4-5K) venues already sold out.

3 nights @ oaksterdamn Fox for Phil's 70th

Anyone got any of these shows available? I have heard good things and could really use some new tunes. Just figured out that they were touring and were next door in buffalo. Getting old and out of the loop!
    Red-i-XS

^^archive.org should get you what you need

They are all on www.bt.etree.org too if you're into the torrent stuff.

Anyone goig to the CO shows?

BSS Guest
    Well, well, well, you can never tell.
    Yet again, the rumors and disinformation are flying thick and fast.
    In clarification:

Over the past year, both Jill and I have come to know and love Jay for the great guy that he is. At the end of our tour he rode back on Bob's bus and informed Bob that he had an opportunity to play drums with Primus.

He and Bob discussed it, and they decided that the logical time to make the change would be after the birthday show. I only found out about this the day before the show; as their relationship goes back a long way, I told them both then that I support any decision they might make. I will miss Jay's enthusiasm and ebullience; he's a great guy to hang and play music with.
    A solo Joe Russo it is.

Fare the well, Jay.

Caught them on 02/19/10 at UMass. First set was pretty flat and muddied with the exception of Althea > but fuck, the 2nd set was nasty. Speedway was when they finally got themselves dialed in, then into marbles-tracks>jam, dark star, let it grow and tore it up with not fade away. Fun to hear them close out on Knockin' on Heavens Door, but Bob can't sing Dylan for shit.

http://www.archive.org/details/furth....106215.flac16
    Last edited by blowupthemoon; 03-24-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add the streaming link

Bump.

Fall tour is on. Listened to 9/16 - Eugene last night. Didn't seem like they were very tight but it was show #1 of the tour. Anyone been?

went to the joint show, saw BSS there, pretty rockin' show, much better band as they play more shows

I caught them at the Greek. Not my favorite set list. Morning Dew was the highlight of the night. Overall I was pretty disappointed. Talked to a buddy who said second night at Red Rocks was really good.

Bump. Again.

The fall sets have been OK. Playing has been tighter IMHO. Haven't attended any but have listened to most.

Whatya guys think?

BSS Guest
    Those MSG shows were SMOKIN off the charts dude. Peep this Johnny BLAZIN':

See you guys at New Years baby.

BSS Guest
    Ana a sweeet Death Don't:

I've seen them six times now, Worcester was nice. Came out swinging with Alligator and took off from there. Birdsong was beautiful.

Agree with Schwerty that the playing is tight. The Help/Slip these guys do is like Zappa Plays Zappa tight, off the charts. Their jams are inspiring, the intros and segues grow on me more and more when I listen to the shows after the fact.

One of the things I love about this band is probably the same thing others complain about. They're breaking from the norm and mixing tunes up like never before. Keeps you on your toes a bit. We call them the 'batcave band', secret entrances open up and next thing you know you it's like how did we get here?

Like this 2nd set from Lowell, by the time they hit Rider the China Cat was so far in the rearview mirror it was a huge WTF, so fun.

II: China Cat Sunflower > Colors of the Rain > Slipknot! > The Other One > The Eleven > Fire on the Mountain > The Wheel > So Many Roads > Playin in the Band > I Know You Rider

Heard David Gans on Sirius the other day saying '11 plans are in the works, fingers crossed.

Great to hear they are going at it for what looks like another year! Wonder how much longer Phil is gonna hang in there?