London Maggots: Beers 8/23 or 8/24?

Divegirl and I will be in town for a couple of days starting the 23rd. Anybody want to get some beers Sunday or Monday night?
    We will be staying in a hotel adjacent to Paddington Station so anywhere around there or an easy tube ride away works.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Post up in the Snow for the Euros thread, more Euro traffic there I suspect.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Bump.....
    bc-lovah

I am in for either night. Will consider the area and rack my brains for a decent boozer. Probably a good plan to PM the Roos, hayduke, arno and the other usual suspects, they are normally keen for a maggot meetup but not often on here these days.

Monday would be better for me
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Monday sounds good. Will PM the others.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Bring a bottle of Crown Royal, and Hayduke will show up for sure.
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Don't know if it helps, but there's a Sam Smith's pub in Marylebone called the Angel in the Fields. Usual Sam Smith's caveat of it all being Sam Smith's product -- beer, wine and spirits. Would be a nice walk from Paddington if you went through Hyde Park, Marble Arch.

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

does that mean that there will be a rare sighting of an edg at a maggot gathering???

i'll put forward (but happy to be overruled) the Pontefract Castle on Wigmore St. Handy for Bond St Station, nice beers and almost next door to my office

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    does that mean that there will be a rare sighting of an edg at a maggot gathering???

i'll put forward (but happy to be overruled) the Pontefract Castle on Wigmore St. Handy for Bond St Station, nice beers and almost next door to my office
    I'm afraid not, I have to be up bright and early for a job interview the next morning. However, as a permanent resident of dear Croydon again, I should be around for any future gatherings...

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    the Pontefract Castle on Wigmore St. Handy for Bond St Station, nice beers and almost next door to my office

Bloody hell, I worked on Baker St for three years and never realised we were neighbours!

Enjoy the beers, I've got good memories of that bar.
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Horizon - I've only worked here for less than a couple of years so I don't think we would have coincided for too long

Afraid I am now going to struggle to make this. Hope you have fun if you meet up and enjoy London town.

Ok - sorry for the late reply on this, but we are at the Novotel near Paddington Station, and if you want to reach us for a beer now or anytime tonight, please call the room at ask for the Virdehs. Having a great time!!!!! (/dg)

No way!!

I can't believe I missed this. I'm so sorry. I've not been on the board for a while.

I hope you had a great time. DG, next time send me a message on Facebook. At least I'll get an email alert.
    Monty Python's version of the cougar phenomenon:
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

Beers in London... ????? soon!
    Skiah for life

bump!!!!!
    Skiah for life