Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I've had my differences with Dean but that doesn't mean I need to talk shit about him on the internet...
    There's a difference between stating truth and talking shit. Consumers' money, and perhaps the quality of a once in a lifetime experience are at stake here.

I want to hear all sides of the story so I can sort it out for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    An inability to bleet.
    don't kid yourself, you bleet with the best of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by snowful View Post
    There's a difference between stating truth and talking shit. Consumers' money, and perhaps the quality of a once in a lifetime experience are at stake here.

I want to hear all sides of the story so I can sort it out for myself.
    I do too, but so far, nobody has bleeted out the truth or any sort of factual 1st hand info. "Trust me, Dean screwed a bunch of people, but I can't tell you about it" shouldn't fly around here.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    the reason i posted -- if you read the thread -- is that jtek spammed the community to promote his own business in s. america and to make blanket statements about h2o being "the best in the business."

as you will see when you go back and read the thread, he couldn't back up these statements. i decided to assume that he wasn't being malicious but was, rather, simply uninformed. jtek returned to post more stuff that amounted to throwing excuses at the wall to see what stuck. that info if allowed to stand would make people think that it's all peaches and cream with h2o.

the reality is that many folks who go to AK have no idea what they're getting into the first time. some people make the wrong choice and get screwed -- and i'm not talking about weather events which were NOT the reason for what happened this year. did you miss that part?
    No, I didn't miss anything. I guess I had a different reaction to jtek's posts. Maybe, it is the cynic in me, but I assume there is always a great deal of hyperbole in any advertisement, his spam included. I also didn't think he was an employee or representative of H2O, so I just don't know what answers concerning H2O you thought you would get from him.

sorry if you think helping people make sure they get an actual service for their money has no value to the community.
    I never said that and don't think that. I just felt that since you have posted basically the same message in other threads and the fact that you started a thread concerning helicopter access to the chugach, possibly a the behest of a competing operation as the owner is mentioned in the thread, that you might have ulterior motives for posting. I stand corrected. My apologies.

what's your theory about how h2o customers showed up this year -- made it into valdez, had deposits down, had money to pay for flights....and didn't fly while other operators had birds in the air?
    Was this before or after they closed?

I just stopped by to raise my post count and to comment about the taste of really good peanut butter.

That is all.

Oh, it tastes really good.

That is really all.

PS I was not wearing a helmet when I posted this and no animals were harmed during the composition of this post.
    Last edited by Bunion; 08-09-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I was accused of throwing a low blow at the OP. I watched part of the video and read the article and found it very disturbing. I had a hard time with the expert and professional ski guide references. I saw nothing to indicate that in the video. Now the same person is back here spamming only a year later.
    I know alot of professional guides. Some of them run very successful international businesses. They all started the same way. First they gained the respect of their peers. Than they worked for an existing operation and gained the respect of their clients. From their they branched off on their own or continued to work for companies bringing their own client base.
    Maybe the way it is done now is to spend $5000 dollars on a week long course and get a web site. Personally I do not think this is good for the industry.
    To relate this to the H2O issue. It is interesting they do not list their guides on the web site or else I missed it. I looked at several other sites and saw accomplishments and experience in the mountains I respect. My opinion is that alot of the heli business is repeat customers. The customers come back because they are comfortable with the operations and the guides.
    My condolences to the friends and family of the deceased. I understand the difficulty of losing a friend in an avalanche and as a parent cannot begin to understand the feeling.
    I am sorry to drag this up but it is an issue that has been on my mind since viewing that video.
    off your knees Louie

I will have to read more before commenting....I have relevant experience to justify all the arguments here...I will opt to remain a silent observer

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

Quote Originally Posted by vtdownhiller View Post
    I will have to read more before commenting....
    no, not really...

I've read this thread in it's entirety. I just need to ski................

if anything, I now know to do a lot of homework before booking an AK trip.

this isn't an epic pass, folks!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

there are alot of factors to consider

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

There are to many good choices to be had in AK with good honest operators. Seems like shit about H20 comes up all the time.

A guide school that is not really legit for the sake of filling seats and a group of guides that have not stayed on for more than a year at a time. Something is up for certain.

As for the volcano, well, lets just say I was on the pass durring the event and everyone was flying...except H20, Maybe they had know one in house...

Anyone have any beta on the fact that H20 did turn folks away..they ended up flying at ABA and ARL and then started to fly a film crew a few days later? Come on mags...time to speak up....this shit cannot fly anymore!

We have not even mentioned that big chunk of Forest Service terrain that H20 has to its credit and have tried to rename the peaks that have already been named by Coombs and others.

I really dont want to see any of the heli ops in trouble, but no one walks on water either...bullshit must walk!

Hopefully this thread does not die.

You always hear about H20 this or that but you can never get anyone to speak up??? Curious if those that got spanked ever got there money back or any credit or just a big huge sorry and you can F*&^% OFF, like they have done to others.

Still the only company that claims huge land access but flies the front range and competes with the other ops for terrain....

Maybe we could get someone to speak up on the mobil fueling they did on the frozen Tiekel River, or maybe a photo would say a thousand words.

I really like the hear say about how Dean got ran out of town in Valdez. Thats why he is in Utah now. Hmmmm

So much more we could discuss!

Dean's the man. his guides are teenyboppers. not sure i'd trust them with the critical decisions you need to make in the chugach.

Quote Originally Posted by helirider View Post
    Come on mags...time to speak up....this shit cannot fly anymore!
    yes mags, by all means, create an alias to trash h2o.

dean was always a hero of mine. his descent of the west face of meteorite was always one of my favorite movie scenes (what was it in?). it would suck to find out he is in the same class as harry vested.

I attended the guide school and i left bitterly unhappy.
    Last edited by jahammond24; 09-29-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: To much info.

wow blast from the past, and from a 1 post alias no less.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

If this company is as bad as people are insinuating, I think people should at least use their real username (if not their real name) to slag someone on here.
    Last edited by Clownshoe; 09-29-2011 at 07:44 PM.