Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by powslut View Post
    It's not a safety or health related thing for me. I smoke on occasion and accept that it is not doing me any favors, physically or mentally. I just find it laughable that in cannibis culture people always latch on to the most ridiculous studies and statistics to justify using the drug.

fair enough dude.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    so you die when you're 65 instead of 90

you fucking safety health fags are going to be the ones shitting your pants confused out of your mind with no idea who you are at age 97 in the nursing home.... I mean, you know that right?
    BWAHAHAHA!

CravenurdotterII Guest
    It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'm sure you can find studies telling you the health benefits of car exhaust and cigarette smoke.
    Actually there is a direct correlation between the number of autos on the highway and the increase in lung cancer rates. Quote from my path instructor in college.

It's not a safety or health related thing for me. I smoke on occasion and accept that it is not doing me any favors, physically or mentally. I just find it laughable that in cannibis culture people always latch on to the most ridiculous studies and statistics to justify using the drug.
    Did you read the report or is it just ridiculous because you "think" it would be ridiculous. Until you can say why this is a bullshit study - and you have yet to shed any light on why it's bullshit - your ability to "find it laughable" is fucking laughable.

I just find it laughable that in cannibis culture people always latch on to the most ridiculous studies and statistics to justify using the drug.
    It's a plant.

I took that report to say when you use the active ingredients in MJ it helps stop cancer. Now I believe the test refers to testing in a safe labratory environment. If you extract the pure chemical of THC and apply it in a CLEAN way to a cancer cell it helps kill off the cell. This is just the THC chemical only, in a controlled invironment.

I dont think this test says anything about the side effects of loading up a Bong of bud and torching it with a lighter and inhaling all the smoke with all the growth chemicals and other ingrediants in a MJ plant. The article does not say TOKING MARIJUANA IS GOOD. It says adding THC in a pure form to a cell slows cancer.

Just because the THC is a positive chemical it doesnt mean that everything else you smoke is also positive to your health. If anything its a drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    Did you read the report or is it just ridiculous because you "think" it would be ridiculous. Until you can say why this is a bullshit study - and you have yet to shed any light on why it's bullshit - your ability to "find it laughable" is fucking laughable.
    It's a bullshit study because for this one study saying THC kills cancer cells there are numerous studies linking its use to head, neck and testicular cancers as well as schizophrenia. All of these studies provide "links", not conclusive evidence.

It's laughable because loser potheads latch on to these studies like they are created by God himself to justify using this drug. If you want to smoke pot just accept that there are risks to go along with it. It is not a miracle drug as people loyal to the ridiculous culture that surrounds it would like you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    I took that report to say when you use the active ingredients in MJ it helps stop cancer. Now I believe the test refers to testing in a safe labratory environment. If you extract the pure chemical of THC and apply it in a CLEAN way to a cancer cell it helps kill off the cell. This is just the THC chemical only, in a controlled invironment.

I dont think this test says anything about the side effects of loading up a Bong of bud and torching it with a lighter and inhaling all the smoke with all the growth chemicals and other ingrediants in a MJ plant. The article does not say TOKING MARIJUANA IS GOOD. It says adding THC in a pure form to a cell slows cancer.

Just because the THC is a positive chemical it doesnt mean that everything else you smoke is also positive to your health. If anything its a drawback.

fucking spoilsport !!

I actually think the test precisely says that you should load up a bong and torch it to prevent cancer. I mean, look at this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Study
    The best method of preventing cancer is clearly a steady stream of bong rips throughout the day. By all means, do not practice moderation in any way.

I could care less about the medicinal qualities of smoking weed. It should be completely legal just on the merit that it's far FAR less harmful than booze or even cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    The illegality of pot makes no sense.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I could care less about the medicinal qualities of smoking weed. It should be completely legal just on the merit that it's far FAR less harmful than booze or even cigarettes.

Exactly.
    That I fully agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    fucking spoilsport !!
    Reality can be harsh sometimes when constantly in a stoned daze. This I know first hand.

It's a bullshit study because for this one study saying THC kills cancer cells there are numerous studies linking its use to head, neck and testicular cancers as well as schizophrenia. All of these studies provide "links", not conclusive evidence.
    Links?

So far it's just you saying it's BS.

That I fully agree with.
    second that emotion.

Reality can be harsh sometimes when constantly in a stoned daze. This I know first hand.
    Yep, I learned pretty quick in HS that I enjoyed it more, if I did it less often. A little will go a long way, so I never did the constant stoner thing (for very long at least).

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    I learned pretty quick in HS that I enjoyed it more, if I did it less often.
    Yep. That's why I only blaze O in the evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Yep. That's why I only blaze O in the evenings.
    A mans got to know his limitations and boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Shitsplosion View Post
    I actually think the test precisely says that you should load up a bong and torch it to prevent cancer. I mean, look at this quote:
    I missed that part - I must have been high.

Frequent or long-term marijuana use.

Cannabis and mental health.

More smoking weed.

the more times per day a person smokes marijuana, the greater the risk of head and neck cancers

Men who smoke marijuana frequently damage their fertility

This just makes me think you REALLY didn't read the original study I posted. NOTHING TO DO WITH SMOKING WEED. They extracted THC from marijuana, they did not smoke weed.

Fuck it, you have it all figured out.

it's not too justify using it, it's to justify legalizing it.

smoking weed needs justifying? wtf?
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

The reason it's not big news is that there are literally thousands of chemicals with antitumor activity... THC only made headlines for the obvious reasons. Potency is perhaps the easiest parameter of drug discovery to optimize- and it's a long, long road from there.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Ok. You sound less like a goober now. Sorry.

I fully agree with your point, however there are no doubt a large amount of people who use for purely medical reasons, in which the benefits heavily outweigh the negative aspects. I'm not one of those people, but if there are atleast some population of people being helped, why wouldn't we do the research? And I think it's fairly obvious that having a chortle once a day isn't going to prevent cancer. But like someone above said, maybe in it's most cleanest and purest form it could stop cancer cell growth. Wouldn't that be some shit. Good shit too, I bet.
    Drive slow, homie.

Thanks for the research Dude!! Marijuana is radder than I thought.

From 1st result from the google scholar link you gave:

Abstract The study of marijuana cannabinoid biology has led to many important discoveries in neuroscience and immunology. These studies have uncovered a new physiological system, the endocannabinoid system, which operates in the regulation of not only brain function but also the regulation of the immune system. Studies examining the effect of cannabinoid-based drugs on immunity have shown that many cellular and cytokine mechanisms are suppressed by these agents leading to the hypothesis that these drugs may be of value in the management of chronic inflammatory diseases. In this report, we review current information on cannabinoid ligand and receptor biology, mechanisms involved in immune suppression by cannabinoids with emphasis on antigen-presenting cells, and preclinical and clinical models analyzing the therapeutic potential of cannabinoid-based drugs.
    Its medicinal herbs from the african herbsman broheim Powslut.