Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

THC Stimulates Cancer Cell Death

http://www.modernmedicine.com/modern.../detail/591443

This is pretty amazing.

I was surprised I had not heard about this news - when it broke in April.

Excellent news
    "My geode must be acknowledged"

smoke 'em if you got 'em !

doughboyshredder Guest
    helps explain why there has not been a single case of cancer attributed to marijuana smoking. There are cancer patients that smoked pot, but they also smoked cigarettes. Not a single case of marijuana caused cancer. Not one.

The illegality of pot makes no sense.

that's just fucking great. now that it's cancer medicine the price is gonna skyrocket.

this, on the other hand, could be freaking great news.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    helps explain why there has not been a single case of cancer attributed to marijuana smoking. There are cancer patients that smoked pot, but they also smoked cigarettes. Not a single case of marijuana caused cancer. Not one.

The illegality of pot makes no sense.
    You 100% sure about this??

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    helps explain why there has not been a single case of cancer attributed to marijuana smoking. There are cancer patients that smoked pot, but they also smoked cigarettes. Not a single case of marijuana caused cancer. Not one..
    Ya how do you know. Is there a certified medical review stating this? I love how my stoner friends always say this....

more chortles less cancer

that may be a stretch, but in general there has been no correlation found between pot use and lung cancer whatsoever...
    Drive slow, homie.

If you google it, there are studies on both sides. It may inhibit lung cancer, but apparently can cause testicular cancer.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Does anyone really care? At the end of the day you are inhaling toxic smoke full of chemicals which really do not belong in your body. Anyway you twist it you are not making yourself healthier or smarter.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by powslut View Post
    Does anyone really care? At the end of the day you are inhaling toxic smoke full of chemicals which really do not belong in your body. Anyway you twist it you are not making yourself healthier or smarter.
    What!?!? No way! Oh my god you just changed my life, thank you so much!!!!

goober.
    Drive slow, homie.

Eat it? Vape it?
    Talking shit about a pretty sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    What!?!? No way! Oh my god you just changed my life, thank you so much!!!!

goober.
    Then why do people quote these completely asinine studies?

Yeah, but these toxic chemicals happen to kill cancer, too. Not like those evil ones in car exhaust.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion View Post
    Yeah, but these toxic chemicals happen to kill cancer, too. Not like those evil ones in car exhaust.
    It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'm sure you can find studies telling you the health benefits of car exhaust and cigarette smoke.

obciously inhaling smoke is not good for you, but it is pretty clear that smoking cigarettes is much worse, more chemicals, more tar, more carcinogens and the amount smoke that you consume is going to be much, much greater with cigarettes than pot
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'm sure you can find studies telling you the health benefits of car exhaust and cigarette smoke.
    I'm actually pretty sure I can't. I don't think inhaling car exhaust has long term side effects, other than short term death.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Then why do people quote these completely asinine studies?
    You can ask the folks who run the "Modern Medicine Journal" why they would quote the "Journal of Clinical Investigation" on this report. I'm sure they are crackpots who believe in total bullshit.

http://www.modernmedicine.com/modern...?formId=419109

There's the link to contact them. Let me know how that works out.

Did you even review the research or are you just an idiot knee jerk reacting?

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    Did you even review the research or are you just an idiot knee jerk reacting?
    Don't you understand they told us it was bad in D.A.R.E. You must have been too high to learn that part in school.

I click this thread, and the banner ad at the top is for "Sober College (TM), not your ordinary rehab".

I did a quick pubmed search and I'm clearly in the wrong research field.

"Comparison of subjective, pharmacokinetic, and physiological effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts." Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009 Aug 1;103(3):107-13.

Recent increases in marijuana smoking among the young adult population have been accompanied by the popularization of smoking marijuana as blunts instead of as joints. Blunts consist of marijuana wrapped in tobacco leaves, whereas joints consist of marijuana wrapped in cigarette paper. To date, the effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts have not been systematically compared. The current within-subject, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study sought to directly compare the subjective, physiological, and pharmacokinetic effects of marijuana smoked by these two methods. Marijuana blunt smokers (12 women and 12 men) were recruited and participated in a 6-session outpatient study. Participants were blindfolded and smoked three puffs from either a blunt or a joint containing marijuana with varying Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentrations (0.0, 1.8, and 3.6%). Subjective, physiological (heart rate, blood pressure, and carbon monoxide levels) and pharmacokinetic effects (plasma THC concentration) were monitored before and at specified time points for 3h after smoking. Joints produced greater increases in plasma THC and subjective ratings of marijuana intoxication, strength, and quality compared to blunts, and these effects were more pronounced in women compared to men. However, blunts produced equivalent increases in heart rate and higher carbon monoxide levels than joints, despite producing lower levels of plasma THC. These findings demonstrate that smoking marijuana in a tobacco leaf may increase the risks of marijuana use by enhancing carbon monoxide exposure and increasing heart rate compared to joints.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    obciously inhaling smoke is not good for you, but it is pretty clear that smoking cigarettes is much worse, more chemicals, more tar, more carcinogens and the amount smoke that you consume is going to be much, much greater with cigarettes than pot
    Wait... you can't just say that ciggs are worse than marijuana! That's still too anti! You have to say ciggs are bad and MJ is good! It's the truth! I heard my friend say so and I also read a thread on a web forum that linked to a site that quoted a non-peer reviewed journal I've never heard of before!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Funny somehow I was still diagnosed with cancer.....maybe I just needed more THC
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

so you die when you're 65 instead of 90

you fucking safety health fags are going to be the ones shitting your pants confused out of your mind with no idea who you are at age 97 in the nursing home.... I mean, you know that right?

No f'ing way. I got a deal with my family. The first day I can't wipe my own ass, it's going to be a sitski ride off a kicker on table. on fire. I'm going to do 2 backflips and detonate on impact.
    Living vicariously through myself.

It's not a safety or health related thing for me. I smoke on occasion and accept that it is not doing me any favors, physically or mentally. I just find it laughable that in cannibis culture people always latch on to the most ridiculous studies and statistics to justify using the drug.