Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' To F@#k With TR

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' To F@#k With TR
    aka 9 Diagram Pole Fighting Patch Steeze

Shaolin Skiers: 5 Deadly Venoms Vets, Drunken Monkey Dookey

Hidden Temple Location: Somewhere near Carson Pass

1. Blue arrow - Ol' Dirty Bastard patch
    2. Black arrow - RZA line on the Wu Tang patch
    3. Yellow arrow - GZA line on the Wu Tang patch
    4. Grey arrow - Ghostface Killah patch
    5. Red arrow - Chef Raekwon patch
    6. Brown arrow - Inspectah Deck patch
    7. Orange arrow - Method Man patch
    8. Green arrow- U-God patch
    9. Purple arrow - Masta Killa's Hidden Chambers of Death

Soundtrack: You have to ask?

Here a a couple of quick teaser photos from yesterday.

Drunken Monkey Dookey sprays corn on the Ghostface Killah patch:

Drunken Monkey Dookey skiing the Chef Raekwon patch:

More to come after sorting through two cameras worth of images, editing time-lapse video, etc. (Please be patient as I'll be in meetings and trainings at a conference the next three days.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    (Please be patient )
    I'm sure everyone's hanging on to the edge of their seats!

That was me and my buddy who waved to you from the bottom of the middle patch yesterday morning. Had a nice two day backpacking trip up there and indeed, the snow was really smooth and good!

Looks like it is getting a bit slim, but congrats on getting out a getting some.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    I'm sure everyone's hanging on to the edge of their seats!

That was me and my buddy who waved to you from the bottom of the middle patch yesterday morning. Had a nice two day backpacking trip up there and indeed, the snow was really smooth and good!
    Good to know that was you. If we had started up a few minutes earlier we would have met you at the top. Did you ski any other places on your backpack trip?

Yeah funny, never met you but somehow knew that was you or dookey.

Just backpacked up to the wilderness boundary above black butte on saturday and set up camp, boarded the patches on saturday and sunday. I've been hitting those patches since '91 in the summer and have never seen another skier there... this weekend I saw two other groups other than yours and mine! Internetz can sure spread the word I guess.

sweet, but, who is Chef Raekwon?

before anyone else mentions it....
    sure seems like a lot of WORK for a few turns. lord knows carson pass is butt ugly and every second toiling there takes two off your life.

Survey says, "You rule!"

Alternate soundtrack:

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    sure seems like a lot of WORK for a few turns. lord knows carson pass is butt ugly and every second toiling there takes two off your life.
    SO true powdork. So funny how EVERY f'in person that you see out there has to say something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach Looney View Post
    Survey says, "You rule!"

Alternate soundtrack:

Yeah, we went with "Protect Ya Neck" because 1. it features all 9 members throwing down and 2. some of the lines definitely required you to protect your neck, head, and body!

Chef Raekwon?
    aka Raekwon The Chef
    aka Lex Diamond

watch that video clip of "Protect Ya Neck", he throws down. He's one of the original Wu-Tang Clan members and also is responsible for the critically acclaimed solo joint Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, generally regarded as one of the best solo efforts from a Wu-Tang member.

as for a lot of WORK, yeah, me and Vets were out there for 9 hours, but damn it was fun. attaching a theme to our adventure made it all the better, plus I got to school Vets on who the Wu-Tang Clan were and regale him with tales of me hanging out with them over the years.

PS
    some of the lines, such as "ODB" and "Chef Raekwon" were a tad bit out of my comfort zone (for example, when I was explaining who all the Wu-Tang members were so we could name each patch, Vets immediately pointed to the first one I skied and said "That's definitely the ODB patch as you'd have to be crazy to want to ski that"), so the trip definitely helped with my game and while I was dead tired at the end of the day, i feel pretty damn refreshed and invigorated today. that and while it may be a lot of work, at least it gets you off of the couch and out of the house.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Niiiiiice boys ... how was my Sister's line looking? Meltoff pretty good in the last week?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

wu - tang wu-tang wu-tang

nice work mofo's

PROMPTLY KILL YOURSELF, LOSER.

NICE TR.

C.R.E.A.M.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    for example, when I was explaining who all the Wu-Tang members were so we could name each patch, Vets immediately pointed to the first one I skied and said "That's definitely the ODB patch as you'd have to be crazy to want to ski that"

That explains it. Saw the thread and was thinking - wow, Vets is a Wu-Tang fan.

I'm up there next weekend, but not sure about tackling all those patches. Might just be on the bike.

Good work gents. But ain't that an aweful lot of hiking for just a few turns.

took the girls to the patch today (hid their skis and boots in the car). then we went to do the woods lake loop (without skis). ran into a family of 5 (2 daughters, 1 son I think) all with tele gear. i was very impressed, in fact, i felt a bit lacking. they said there were good lines towards 4th of july lake which may be the next choice. also watched another guy ski the method man patch and then walked the last part out with him. he was on his 179th consecutive month
    the pics are downloading

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Niiiiiice boys ... how was my Sister's line looking? Meltoff pretty good in the last week?
    i'd say so

179 consec month dude on methodman patch

^ mucho apreciado por la beta

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Geez, definitely a big difference from last week. My 4th of July Lake idea for next week is looking dumber each day. Maybe a proper drive to the retro patch, or not :-)

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Geez, definitely a big difference from last week. My 4th of July Lake idea for next week is looking dumber each day. Maybe a proper drive to the retro patch, or not :-)
    the family i spoke to said there were longer lines there.

also, this week is much cooler.

also, the retro patch looks like this

Nice, she looks STOKED!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

the patch around the corner and up the hill from the "retro patch" was pretty decent last weekend (July 26th)...that's actually where the local park rats have set up shop since the above RP is pretty baked.

that said, just formated and sized my pix from Wu-Tang Clan Appreciation Day and sent 'em off to Vets, so this TR will get a serious boom bap come Thursday.

- dooks mcgook

the patch around the corner and up the hill from the "retro patch" was pretty decent last weekend (July 26th)...that's actually where the local park rats have set up shop since the above RP is pretty baked.
    The one around the corner, where the road passes directly underneath, and sits in the ravine is the PATCH.

is that one at the top of forestdale divide and then a walk over to looker's right?
    i didn't go up that high since i was happy the car made it that far.
    in the pic shralph quoted above you can see rails and such in the background.

^PD: nope, there's another patch just around the corner/bend from where y'all skied. it's the last patch before you hit the narrow-ass, winding, blind curve, basically 1-way 4x4 adventure trail that takes you up to the top of the divide. i skied the patch you folks did back in mid-June and on the 26th the park kids had moved all their pipes and rails up around the bend since that patch was longer and wider.

here's a pic of the "other" patch around the bend from where y'all skied (taken on Sunday July 26th):

36 chambers of white pow indeed.

The past few seasons the Wu-mobile has been cruising around Whistler.. you know it if you see it.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

here's a pic of the "other" patch around the bend from where y'all skied (taken on Sunday July 26th):
    fuck i stopped too soon. that's the one i was looking for, where the 8 year old would have been more comfortable. that and plus driving right to it would have been nice.