Thread: $0.00...

Smile $0.00...

Is my current credit card balance. It feels so fucking good to be out of debt after a year and a half of being in trouble, nearly maxing out multiple cards, being unemployed, and moving twice. Things seem to be turning around for me.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

That is one of the best feelings in the world! May I be the 1st to say "Atta boy!"
    Living the good life.

Yeah, finally got to see that on my statement a couple of months ago - enjoy the feeling.

Nice! Two more $500.00 payments and I am down to $0.00. Next in line are the students loans and the Subaru. If only I can restrain from a new bike in the spring.

Thumbs up

Nice work! It's a great feeling.

Good job man. Stay away from that crap. It's no fun paying far more for an item that it actually costs.

Luckily my parent's were super financially savvy and did their best to raise me to be the same. I've never once carried a balance on a credit card. Never paid a single cent of interest. And I use my credit card for everything.
    Last edited by meatdrink9; 09-16-2004 at 09:54 AM.

Nice work. I don't use a credit card, just debit. If I don't have the money in my account the items of want are not purchased. Kinda sucks at times when I see a great deal on skis or gear, but it's also great knowing I don't have a huge debt lingering over me.

Originally posted by meatdrink9
    I've never once carried a balance on a credit card. Never paid a single cent of interest. And I use my credit card for everything.
    Same here, but I think we're in the minority. Well, obviously, or banks wouldn't be making much from issuing credit cards. I've got an air miles card, so earn enough for a free trip every year or two, and so far I've had no problems getting the flights I've wanted. That's a nice bonus.

Anyway, nice work DJS and make sure to keep that balance at zero!

I’ve done the same; the problem is that no credit is worse then not so good credit.
    When the day comes for a large perches we may be screwed.

It’s so quiet, it’s so cool, it’s so cold

Originally posted by Billow
    I’ve done the same; the problem is that no credit is worse then not so good credit.
    When the day comes for a large perches we may be screwed.
    Charge and pay back. One component of your FICO is demonstrated restraint. If you have a 10K limit, charge $500 a month and pay it all back. Another easy way to build credit is to take out a small out loan ($2-5K) deposit, the same about in the CREDIT UNION, and have the payments debited. I know you'll lose a small amount on the interest spread, but it will build credit.

Congrats DJ.

Now, I just have to finish up the same process.

Of course, It would help a lot if the University would get off it ass and reimburse me for my travel.....
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Congrads, DJ! That means that you'll have a blank slate to use for travelling to exotic destinations this winter, right?!?

I maxed out my card earlier this year while unemployed and skiing (TOTALLY worth it). I've got about $350 left to pay off, then I'm down to $0.00.

Then I can start paying back my other debts.
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

Congrats, dood. Once you've done, you know how good it feels, and you want to do it every month.

And don't anyone worry about how carrying over a zero balance looks on your credit. I've done it for many years, and my credit rating is very high.

Luckily my parent's were super financially savvy and did their best to raise me to be the same. I've never once carried a balance on a credit card. Never paid a single cent of interest. And I use my credit card for everything.
    I do the exact same thing. It is nice when I don't buy anything though. I have had an REI credit card for 4 years now, charge everything and pay it off every month. I'm going to use my rebate (1%) to buy new ice climbing crampons.

Here's an interesting link. http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ing/P80782.asp
    Living the good life.

Thanks for the props/advise guys. It all started when I left for NZ last year and was laid off from caltrans at the same time. I racked up a good chunk of debt on a 3 month NZ binge, slacked off on getting a job upon return to the US, spent too much during ski season, and now I'm in the clear, ahead 1 pair Atomic Powder Pluses, Volkl Explosives, and the Bro model.

I'd do it again in a second.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.