Anybody have AFLAC?

They did a presentation at work today. I could definitely use some coverage, especially with the skiing habit. Anybody make a claim?

yup...hurt back while skiing..they pay more than my co-pay so it was a money makin situation..Paid for 150 for em room visit-co-pay was 36
    paid for 10 visit to PT 10@50.00 co-pay was 20
    I put forth this question and the question is,
    When i did your mother twice last nite did I get sloppy seconds ?????

I looked into one of their disability policies a few years ago, also during one of those lunchtime office seminars. IIRC, the fine print had all kinds of exclusions that would prevent me from getting paid if I were injured climbing, skiing, or kayaking. So I said no thanks. Maybe they did cover skiing, I don't really remember, but without coverage for climbing and mountaineering, you have the whole issue of whether backcountry skiing is covered, etc...

I'd shop around -- find an agent who does the same sports you do and see what he or she recommends. MAYBE they will recommend AFLAC, but I doubt it.

I had roast duck for dinner.

What do I win?
    You've got to have the courage to say to your wife, "Get in there and make me some bean dip."
    -Vernon Dozier

MY wife is a teacher (reads great insurance) so my employer gave me AFLAC rather than a health policy. Nice as AFLAC covers what hers doesn't (mostly deductibles). I have a separate disability policy for the other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Tell your employer to ditch AFLAC and go with a Colonial/Unum product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

we had AFLAC for short-term disability for the wife's pregnancy - you had to pay at least10 months of premiums before collecting, and the amount paid was reduced by some formula so we ended up getting paid just a bit less than the total of the premiums over a 14 or so month period. Short answer, find out what the premium would cost you (remember, it is usually an after-tax plan) and put that money in a savings acct. then when you get hurt you will have the cash already, without waiting for a check.

They don't remain in business by giving out free money...

my coverage is just accident insurance and premiums are 7 a week for me and wife.I am usually in PT twice a year for back and pelvis due to muscle imbalance and about to submit a 2nd claim this week.
    I put forth this question and the question is,
    When i did your mother twice last nite did I get sloppy seconds ?????