Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

$85 Motel 6 in Jackson???

I remember looking just a year or two ago and Motel 6 in Jackson was like $35. What gives? Even at $85 is it still the cheapest place in the valley? Or even over the border in ID? At $85 a night I might just sleep in the car.

It has ALWAYS been around $85.00...in the SUMMER. Seriously, for like, 20 years. Come back in the WINTER, and it will be ~$40.00 again. Places over here are in that zone too, BTW. I dunno, try the Pines Motel, maybe $60.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hostel X is open in the summer isn't it?

HostelX is no more.

(as it was)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I never thought a baller like yourself would want to stay at the 6er Bollocks, and much less not be able to afford it!

wanna crash my couch?

just stayed there last week with the wife as the KOA was booked.

they remodeled all the rooms in the last year- think ikea (orange walls, modern chairs, tables, fixtures, tiny shower, fake bamboo linolium floor). Bare bones- no frills.

not my favorite, plus they charged you $3 per day for WIFI
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    wanna crash my couch?
    Carefully Bolly - this guy'll bugger you in the night.

Thats still pretty cheap for your own room in town, in the summer. Hostel X has definately changed. They want 100 bucks for your own room nowadays, bunkroom will run you 35-50.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    HostelX is no more.

(as it was)
    Out of curiosity, what happened too it?

Got bought out.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    wanna crash my couch?
    Thanks Lone Star but I might wait until Sept now. I'm only going to stay up there for 2 days so I can check out the area before I move to Tahoe. I should have really done it in the winter though.

check out the virginian or the anvil motels if your standards are moderate...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Teton Teepee open in the summer?? Awesome place...
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    Thanks Lone Star but I might wait until Sept now. I'm only going to stay up there for 2 days so I can check out the area before I move to Tahoe. I should have really done it in the winter though.
    When I was moving there I stayed at the Days Inn and told them I was looking for apartments while I was staying there. They gave me the 'locals' rate and it was much cheaper. Maybe play that angle?

ya for a guy with such big balls why are you staying in a shithole like motel 6? Thats really teh best a baller can afford? which you cant even afford....

I would tell you to camp in Wyoming in the summer, but you think the skiing is too cold in Utah.

Yeah, shit...for $85 you might as well be buying a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiED View Post
    ya for a guy with such big balls why are you staying in a shithole like motel 6? Thats really teh best a baller can afford? which you cant even afford....
    I always stay at Motel 6's every where I go. You might like to stay hold up in the motels/hotels and take advantage of their rub down service all day long but when ever I need a motel/hotel it is usually for 1 hour of showering/changing/eating and 8 hours of sleeping, not for anything else they may offer. I have always found Motel 6 to be clean, quite, and comfortable. I'm not going to pay an extra $100 for the same water that comes out of their shower head and for the same size mattress. That's just stupid. Growing up my dad made almost a half a million a year and we would frequently stay in $20 a night places. It's not a matter of affordability, it's a matter of not being stupid with your money. Broke people waste their money on stupid things, rich people are fucking penny pinching jews.

Growing up my dad made almost a half a million a year ...
    Nobody gives a fuck what your dad made. but it also probably explains why you sound like a spoiled douche nozzle.

Rooster Guest
    The posts you make show how insulated and clueless you are. Not trying to be mean but you always have this negative tone and its really lame. If you thought Utah was cold don't even consider Jackson. You will die of cold, or be just miserable.. seriously. Go to Mammoth or whatever where you know you like it and be happy. You won't dig the vibe at Jackson either.

Quote Originally Posted by alma del polvo View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck what your dad made. but it also probably explains why you sound like a spoiled douche nozzle.

Why would I think you care what my dad made??? Some in here however were under the illusion that only broke dicks are careful with their money and I was responding to that concern. I try to stay on topic, maybe you should give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    The posts you make show how insulated and clueless you are. Not trying to be mean but you always have this negative tone and its really lame. If you thought Utah was cold don't even consider Jackson. You will die of cold, or be just miserable.. seriously. Go to Mammoth or whatever where you know you like it and be happy. You won't dig the vibe at Jackson either.
    When did I say Utah was cold??? I said it had artic conditions in Nov and Dec but it was my understanding that that was unusual. That was ALL I said about Utah's temperature. That's it. Almost all my beef with Utah's weather was with it's overcast, visibilty, and lack of sun. Once again trying to put words into my mouth.

And it's 50 below in Jackson in August??? I doubt it. But don't worry, I don't plan on staying. I just want to come up and look at the best terrain in North America thats all (while wishing it wasn't south facing and was open for skiing more then 3 months a year).

Rooster Guest
    When did I say Utah was cold??? I said it had artic conditions in Nov and Dec but it was my understanding that that was unusual. That was ALL I said about Utah's temperature. That's it. Almost all my beef with Utah's weather was with it's overcast, visibilty, and lack of sun. Once again trying to put words into my mouth.

And it's 50 below in Jackson in August??? I doubt it. But don't worry, I don't plan on staying. I just want to come up and look at the best terrain in North America thats all (while wishing it wasn't south facing and was open for skiing more then 3 months a year).
    You're splitting hairs. If you weren't man enough to handle Utah weather, you'd be fucked in Jackson. You shouldn't even go there, ever.. and don't worry about me putting things in your mouth. You old teabagger, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    You're splitting hairs. If you weren't man enough to handle Utah weather, you'd be fucked in Jackson.
    I suppose by that same token if one isn't man enough to deal with Vermont ice then why the fuck should they want to move out West and ski pussy powder.

You seem to think skiing the best terrain with shitty weather 3 months a year is a sign of bigger balls then those who choose to ski on terrain almost as good 9 months a year in perfect weather. You have a very strange way of thinking.