Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Everybody knows the coolest sport is the sport with the highest likelyhood of getting killed.

As long as it isn't ghey like windsurfing.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    ya, that's my buddy Joe Knee from France, great guy. Musician, scientist, cool dude with no 'tude. He smashed himself into some big rocks years ago, horrible kitemare, tons of rehab and he came back stronger. He's french but has a place in Brasil and speaks the portuguese pretty good. Good crew at P Bay. Ask for Kurt or T or Neto among others, they all know willy whit.
    I'll have to come over (to get that LP CD) and pound some beers and watch kite videos at your crib in southie.
    Those guys are always planning a shindig and swilling beers, lotsa smart funny smartass kite kooks to meet in Boston. Even the owner of Wachusett beer is into kiting and likes to sport a keg or 2 if we get a party started.
    Kiting Rules !
    Think there is a mistaken identity case here, there is another NateDogg on the board from the area...so unfortunately I can't get you that LP CD back. On the other hand, I'm always down for beers and watching kiting. Thanks for the heads up on the crew down at p-bay, Joe sounds like an interesting dude. Let me know next time you are heading out and I'd be happy to come down and hang and grab a beer if the schedule permits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    You are an internet blowhard, just. like. me.

Arrow nate diggety dawg

next drinking session to plan the next hatteras mission= good times

the plan is to meet at my place in southie on August the 12th.
    - Drink some beers
    - Watch the final cut of the super funny and awesome MASSkiting Hatteras movie
    - have a slide show with around 500 pictures from Hatteras
    - talk about the next years Hatteras trip and already decide on a house
    I hope we see the whole Hatteras crew but of course everyone else is welcome as well! Especially if you are interested in joining next year.
    -Chris

PM me for details- I'll post some pics from the last trip a little later
    Animal House for kitesurfing, cops showed up several times - no arrests were made
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Red face whatchoo talkin' bout ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    As long as it isn't ghey like windsurfing.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh NO YOU Didn't !!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k"]YouTube - Whatcha talkin bout Willis[/ame]

this is pretty lame

http://www.sailworld.com/utube/downhaul_release.htm

if you have soft hands.....use a screw driver to YANK
    Last edited by willywhit; 08-06-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: cuz poleboarding is GHEY

kite kooks

old 2005 kite vid came across my radar today
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lXZjV8zF88"]YouTube - kiteboarding the cape[/ame]

get good enuf to get back upwind and head to OBX for a week

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFlWLYhwHmY&feature=related"]YouTube - Robby Naish Kiteboarding in Cape Hatteras Columbus Day Weekend[/ame]

i was in the Gorge the other week and had my first lesson. I think I'm hooked! It was a 3 hour lesson and we didn't even bring the board into the water with us. It was blowing like 20 knots. There was so much going on at once, and I was a little freaked out by all of the other kites around me. I really thought I would have progressed more and been waterstarting by the end of the 3 hrs. I guess not.

Now just bought a 3m trainer kite and watching wind forecasts. I was at Nahant last week weds night playing around. I think I should take another lesson or two here in Boston before it gets too cold.

...and now I need to find $3500 somewhere in my budget to get all geared up.

Kitesurfing Kites

Nice! bookmarked it! i will check it later. Thanks very much for sharing