Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Why ?

That terrain is lame.
    Which is exactly why I said "not there is a lot of terrain".

But as I said, from a marketing perspective, acreage is acreage. And combined with YC (for those rich few), you're talking in the neighborhood of 8000 continuous acres right?

I sent this out to my team late this afternoon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective 9/15/2013 I will no longer be working at Moonlight Basin as a ski Patrol Director.

There is too much history between me and Boyne, better to get out of the way and allow this takeover to proceed unhindered.

I do not know who will be handling the hiring from here forward, I hope to have you a contact before I leave next week.

I want all of you to know that whatever you decide about your winter employment is fine by me. I do not expect anyone else to follow my lead.

Go into this with an open mind and give it your 100% best. You will be under a lot of scrutiny but I am confident that all of you will represent Moonlight Basin Ski Patrol in the best ways possible.

It has been my greatest pleasure and privilege to work with all of you.

Best wishes for a snowy and safe winter.
    Last edited by Bunion; 09-04-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Safe travels from here on out Bunion!

Wow Randy.

Have fun.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

This is fucked up.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Damn, Bunion.

Best of luck to you!

Whoa, really?

What's next? Holler if I can help out in any way.

lw

Holy smokes, Batman....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Good luck, dude. You were our eyes and ears for those mountains. Hope you find a great gig somewhere.

good luck bunion

Sad to hear, but i suppose the writing was on the wall...Good luck on your next adventure, bunion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Very sorry to see you go, Bunion. Best of luck to you. Your staff has always been top notch, in no small part because of your leadership. I hope and trust they will carry that forward.

Have been watching this unfold from afar having taken the summer off, am nothing but stoked to get back and see how it all pans out. Lots of potential here, we (maggots, dirtbags, tried and true ski bums) need to keep the stoke and soul alive in this town. Mega-ski-area? Yes, please. Mega-resort? No, thanks. Don't Boyne up our Moonlight!
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Aww man. Sorry to hear about you going, Bunion. Looks like you're handling the whole thing like a real pro, though. Moonlight just won't be the same without you. What's the next step? Sticking around the area?

Shit - sorry to hear it and best of luck. Lots of Moonlight specific knowledge going out the window. If the whole crew follows suit, we'll be back to square one on how to keep that place safe. I think Headwaters and the N. Summit present some unique situations that Big Sky will have to figure out in the coming years.

I am urging my folks to give it a try for a season.

It looks like the majority of them will do so.

The Moonlight specific knowledge will carry on.

I will be sticking around the area, I am looking towards starting a small environmentally focused business.

Besides, I have got to see how this all turns out.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Damn, dude. I'm glad you're sticking around. I never did come heckle you in the patrol shack. Like others have, I'm happy to help if I'm able.

Good luck Bunion, thanks for all the years, and patience..

Well that fucking sucks.

Fair winds, Spence.

Best of luck. Thanks for all the great information you've provided on this board!!!

Dang, Bunion... All the best to you. Glad we were able to meet on a couple occasions, and thanks for the lift tix hookups. Good luck! If I ever have the good fortune to follow my dream to move out there, I'll look you up.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    I sent this out to my team late this afternoon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective 9/15/2013 I will no longer be working at Moonlight Basin as a ski Patrol Director.

There is too much history between me and Boyne, better to get out of the way and allow this takeover to proceed unhindered.

I do not know who will be handling the hiring from here forward, I hope to have you a contact before I leave next week.

I want all of you to know that whatever you decide about your winter employment is fine by me. I do not expect anyone else to follow my lead.

Go into this with an open mind and give it your 100% best. You will be under a lot of scrutiny but I am confident that all of you will represent Moonlight Basin Ski Patrol in the best ways possible.

It has been my greatest pleasure and privilege to work with all of you.

Best wishes for a snowy and safe winter.

Though I am subscribed to this thread , this morning is the first time I have seen This .

My Sincere Thanks.! for All you contibute Here on the forum(s) - Thank You. ...

Please - Keep us posted . Clearly - You Are a Very Good Man.

I Am certain Your Life is Bigger than ski patrol ( though I believe it is a Big part of You. )

Cope. go easy on alcohol. Ski! like hell ! !

with Sincere Thanks ... ! ! skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 09-21-2013 at 05:55 AM.
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Congrats on the retirement. Gonna be skiin around Bridger this season? Give a holler. Either way, hope you get to spend alot of time doin' what makes you happy.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Go easy on alcohol, wtf is that?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Deal is supposed to close on Tuesday or Wednesday. Tomorrow will be my last day.

I am getting a decent severance package including a BSIA pass for this season thanks to Moonlight and Lehman Brothers.

So far several other key players from the Patrol have decided to pursue opportunities elsewhere. Can't say who/where just yet but I am very psyched at some of the job offers my folks have received.

This season it isn't going to be real pretty or real smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Deal is supposed to close on Tuesday or Wednesday. Tomorrow will be my last day.

I am getting a decent severance package including a BSIA pass for this season thanks to Moonlight and Lehman Brothers.

So far several other key players from the Patrol have decided to pursue opportunities elsewhere. Can't say who/where just yet but I am very psyched at some of the job offers my folks have received.

This season it isn't going to be real pretty or real smooth.
    Great to hear about some of your peeps. Not so great to hear about ops on the mountain this coming winter. I'll keep an eye out ...

With the pass, are you sticking around for the winter?