Thumbs up Nominate the best "Stoke Thread of the Summer"

Originally posted by Spats

Additionally, Squirrel is the man, in case any doubt is left.
    I think if there is a "Stoke Thread of the Summer" award that it goes to Squirrel. He's been stoking the board the past few weeks with positive vibes of the Santa Rosa and Las Lenas and then KAPOW!!! it hits and we're witness to some serious stoke and images from Las Lenas. On top of that, I'm sure it's not easy getting all this done when you can't just sit in your office and waste time on a T1.

Owens, any chance we could throw Squirrel a copy of one of TGR's finest as a "Stoke of the Summer" award? Anyone agree?

Edit: OK, WE'LL NOW START THE NOMINEE PROCESS.

Name the person and if possible the subject of the thread. - ie - Squirrel - Las Lenas stoke (I know that iskibc put up a bunch of good threads earlier this summer so try to name the topic or the lines skied so I can find the thread and incase he gets two threads in the top 5.)

From that a list will be compiled with links for your end of the summer stoke thread perusal.

The door is open from now until Friday. I'll post a poll on Monday and we'll leave it open to votes from Monday through Thursday, naming the winner next Friday.

In the meantime, I'll see what sort of schwag I can round up and we'll make it official.
    Last edited by powstash; 09-15-2004 at 02:50 PM.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

1 vote from scandinavia.

I hope that in this case the oversea votes gets counted...
    I have never been good with facts.

Thirded, but there are also many honorable mentions to hand out.

Thumbs up

i vote for squirrel too. because i would have been with the fool had my knee been ready.

the del fuego/bro stoke broke the meter as well.

666's NZ powder action also gets in the mix.

those three make the podium.

If we're gonna do this we should do it right with niminees and voting and stuff. I nominate Ski Beaver.

I think SheRa or Stoy should get it, they've been making the best of what we've got, here in the US, down to the last kernel of corn.

i seem to remember iskibc putting up a lot of nice tr's throughout the summer.

Squirrel- without the convenience of a personal computer to come home to, Squirrel has been as devoted to posting pics as he has been to ripping every sick line he could find in SA...I repeat, Squirrel
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

My vote goes to iskibc and his possie.

Killing it all summer long and into the fall.

I vote for Squirrel.

Ski Beaver

He has been putting pics up all the season of Australian snow and has been super stoked hitting up the mountains down there.

bump the vote...err, nominee
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Wait a second, its still September...

Give me a week...I'll have some fresh new lines posted from NZ very soon

Originally posted by yogachik
    I think SheRa or Stoy should get it, they've been making the best of what we've got, here in the US, down to the last kernel of corn.
    Very cool of you to mention -- but I gotta throw in for the iskibc nomination as well. He and duph are the ones that made it happen for me. And those guys skied some lines that it still just blows me away to think about. Especially this one: http://tetongravity.com/forums/showt...hlight=grizzly

Dave rocks! Free schwaag for Dave!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

squirrel

cause god damn he's been so positive about LL all summer. proof is in the puddin, positivity pays big!

Seems like two dudes are monopolizing the voting. How about a tie?

Squirrel is da man. iskibc has been awesome all some long. Why not reward the two names that keep coming up?

Squirrel -- on Oct 23, your eat and drink is on the house!