2 days on Quabbin: Revelation!

Simply amazing. Due to the dangers of the invasive Zebra Mussels, all private boats have been banned... Meaning the 30 or so rental boats are the only pressure the fish population feels... Needless to say the resivoir was uncrowded.

Day One: Thirteen hours of fishing. Wow. The sheer scope of the lake and clarity of the water was staggering- I'm primarily a bass fisherman so it was hard for me to even locate proper vegetation and depth with sun and whatnot- but ended up finding a few perfect coves whch yielded unbelievable bass populations. The water was so clear you could watch full schools of large and smallmouths move through the weeds and stump cover. I caught about a half dozen 2-3lb GORGEOUS L/S mouths, and a huge smattering of 1lbers, some with back-to-back casts and other feel-good randomness. Once we found the right conditions, it was on like Donkey Kong. Truly unbelievable, and the fish were probably the best shape I've ever seen. My few attempts at deep water trout fishing were futile and got me nothing- but alas, my bass fishing skills were seriously tested as we went through all kinds of bait before we found what they were going to respond to and in what conditions. Great day.

Day 2: Made it a half day because of rain. We got there at 12:20 for the 12:30 half day pass. Because of the rain, there were five other boats on the lake. We were fed up with deep water futility so we went straight on the hunt for new weeded coves- found the best linked weed system/protected cove I've ever seen in my life. Worked it (and pulled out four GORGEOUS lunkers) until we were chased out by the T-Storms and lightning, and can't wait to go back. I saw so many things I can't get out of my mind... The giant schools of roaming bass, the soaring eagles and their loud-ass chicks, the loons... Man, I am just reminiscing and it's getting me all fired up to head out there again!

If ANYONE wants to go to Quabbin for some bass fishing, HIT ME UP! I am down for some serious fishing and know more than a few awesome spots to throw some bait at/where to park/etc. I would be happy to share... It is truly an experience a fisherman should have before he dies. I will get a few pics from the other guys' phones/cameras but I don't have any myself.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Wow that sounds pretty sweet. sending PM.....

waiting on pics!!!!!