CravenurdotterII Guest

Can anyone read this rod label?....I lost my glasses.

I'd swear it says 8'6" for 13 weight line

CravenurdotterII Guest
    This unknown fella designed the blank:

why are you posting pictures of the rod and not fishing with it
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

CravenurdotterII Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    why are you posting pictures of the rod and not fishing with it
    VERY GOOD QUESTION!.....San Carlos next month for sails/dorado/maybe a marlin(hope hope) on fly. Gonna run bait and switch with a friend that has a nice boat down there. We'll run hookless teasers with belly strips to really light 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by CravenurdotterII View Post
    VERY GOOD QUESTION!.....San Carlos next month for sails/dorado/maybe a marlin(hope hope) on fly. Gonna run bait and switch with a friend that has a nice boat down there. We'll run hookless teasers with belly strips to really light 'em up.
    I wouldn't spend much time trying to bait & switch dorado. They won't hang out behind a teaser for very long. On the other hand, if you hook one, it can be a good teaser for other dorado.

CravenurdotterII Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I wouldn't spend much time trying to bait & switch dorado. They won't hang out behind a teaser for very long. On the other hand, if you hook one, it can be a good teaser for other dorado.
    True ,True. The strips of bonito inside a hookless teaser I learned on a trip to Panama a long time ago. Once the sails got a taste of that meat they would just maul a big Cam Sigler popper.

I'm going to try a little experiment using a variation of the Moffitt system I just discovered which I'm sure is not new to everybody else, but anyways.

Since the billfish has such a heavy clamping force on a fly, it's impossible to set the hook at times and they just open their mouths and the fly drops out.
    I'm going to try a trailing circle hook and have it so the shock tippet will slide through the fly on a pull but not while casting...... a little friction in the tube.

I'll report on my little trial if we raise any fish.