Need some creative bike wrenching help.

Sooo, I'm pulling off my crank to start replacing all the bearings on my smellsworse Moment and I create a huge pain in the ass for myself. I have a Race Face Evolve Dh crank w/ the external BB. The crank has self extracting bolts so a crank puller is not needed, but when I went to pull it the fucking top of the cap (cap goes over bolt 10mm and the bolt that holds the crank on is 8mm) busts off perfectly. Now the edge of the cap is still in place in the threads of the crack. I can get the 8mm bolt out, but now how in the hell am I going to get the crank off? I don't know how the crank could get seized on there cause I greased the hell out of it and was very paranoid about over tightening it. That sucker must really be on there or the cheesy alu. cap is a pos. I just have to get the remnants of the cap out then I can give it a go with another cap I suppose or is there a steel cap I could put in there to get the crank off without snapping another cap?

My only idea so far for getting the cap out is to cut a couple of little notches in the sides, place a very small metal bar in the nothes , and use vise grips to turn the bar like a flat screw driver. Maybe add a little heat to loosen things up?
    Anyone have any ideas on how to get this cap out or the crank off without completely destroying the crank (it's only a year old)?
    I've gotta get a second bike, this thing always has something broken on it.

I'd file a little notch in the remaining metal, put a screwdriver in the notch and tap the screwdriver at an angle w/ a hammer (basically knocking the busted piece around in a circle). IIRC, that cap is reverse threaded, so make sure you're not tightening it.