Thread: Iceland 2008

Iceland 2008

Check out my photos in community photos ....

more photos ...

I am not good at this yet ...I gotta upload all Iceland photos and make some videos computer accesible andthen make like a link to a webpage with trip report and photo and video and then also a sort of threat that shows the whole thing and then destination a b c d explained best withphotos and videos so you get the picture of what we were doing in Iceland.
    the bench is South West Iceland maybe best area, the face is above Reykjavic on the hills starting north of the flat land that holds the city leading into the isles innards and the other photos are two maps one ancient ( I own one from 1770 ) one modern and Sellafoss/Dettifoss in the North East.
    I would say this is the biggest escape water has from Vtanajoküll and from Sprenglisadur.It transports 700 cubicmeters of water a second.Dettifoss is 76 m and Sellafoss is ca. 20.
    You also see my ma and the Jeep. And you can see
    the pillars of basalt that the piece between the two falls is made off.Plus above Sellafoss where I stand on that rock ledge with slimy algea on both sides ca 3 m out into the stream with water at all 3 sides of the stone.Any fall here is death I think and any misstep.Also the pillars that are separeted from the canyon wall by 3 m and 1 m I think are visible. My idea to jump onto pillar one and from it onto pillar two was inhibited by ma mas protest.However a fall would have naturally meant my certain death.
    Last edited by 0BernhardFranz; 07-26-2009 at 05:18 AM.

Seems beauty does not impress the modern outdoor man just action ! Sad ...

I don't see any bikes. This is a forum for things with chains, two wheels, and bloody legs.
    "And I love it that other senior members apparently don't realize when they're jonging someone who's sarcastically jonging someone that they know is making a sarcastic funny...

we're now in some sort of irony wormhole." -DAFTC

wtf is going on in here?

Thumbs up

This modern outdoor man sure appreciates the beauty of your pictures 0Bernhard! Keep up the good work and best of luck with Lamb expeditions!

Well at all this is bikable so I though I put it here.

Is that your ma in the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    wtf is going on in here?
    LOL.... OBF is branching over into sprocket rockets, that's what.

This is my ma indeed, Mrs. Dr Franz! She made all this possible.

I do bike so much, I probably rather feel at home at sprockedtrockets.

My ma paid for all equipment, hotels ( 200 EU a day ), jeep rental ( 1500 EU )
    photos ( 1000 EU ) pro development, fuel, food, flights ....

Also she drove around Iceland and through it and took 100 of photos, filmned hours of tape, she drove fropm 7: 30 till 3 am often nonstop.Magna cum Laude doctor, Silver medal winner at doctors rally, she did some driving impossible to others.She also has this throw dart into dart hole stuck was in on many yards thing, so she can get through any terrain savely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong View Post
    This modern outdoor man sure appreciates the beauty of your pictures 0Bernhard! Keep up the good work and best of luck with Lamb expeditions!
    Thanks a lot !
    Hope all Yetis / Aliens did like what we did !