Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    CravenurdotterII Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroPax View Post
    You've already stated that YOUR understanding of the timing was indeed a fact:

Why do you insist on attempting to divert the key issue here with your bullshit timing crap.

It's like this,

1. The officer responded to a legitimate B&E call.
    2. The officer attempted to verify that Professor Gates was in fact the occupant/resident of the house. The officer had no other choice but to verify who the individual (the professor) was. To do otherwise would be dereliction of duty.
    3. Professor Gates attempted to play the race card on the officer inside the house...the officer did not bite and remained professional.
    4. Professor Gates continued to play the race card inside the house, and then followed the officer outside, out through the front door, and further played the race card in the view of the public. The officer continued to remain professional.
    5. A witness on the street (the complainant) stated that Professor Gates was doing all of the (racial) yelling and shouting at the top of his lungs, from a position on his porch. Very UNPROFESSIONAL for a Harvard University Professor of African-American studies.
    6. Professor Gates, once outside and within view and hearing of the public was creating a disorderly conduct scene. If you look at a video of the house, it is typical for that area, there is a very small front lawn, the porch is very close to the street, and there are a lot of pedestrians.
    7. It was a LEGITIMATE arrest, plain and simple.

Professor Gates appears to be a racists due to him immediately bringing race into the event as it unfolded, for no apparent reason.

President Obama made a very serious error by even entertaining a question relative to this event, and then compounded the mistake by making the "stupidity" remark. And then the administration went into "damage control" mode, in overdrive.

Professor Gates is the racist, or at least was acting like one, and the President attempted to defend him without having ANY of the facts in hand. Huge mistake!

Why is it so fucking hard for you to accept that both Professor Gates and President Obama fucked-up on this one??? Why is it so hard for you to get your head out of the sand...and accept THE FACT that blacks can be racists too...to include Ivy League Professors!

Bullshit.
    The police report is getting holes shot in it this very moment.

The cop is a liar covering his ass. Now the lady who made the call has had to get legal council to make the facts known. She didn't even talk to the officer as stated in the report.

Check the cop for steroids......bet you 100 he's juicing.

Quote Originally Posted by CravenurdotterII View Post
    Bullshit.
    The police report is getting holes shot in it this very moment.

The cop is a liar covering his ass. Now the lady who made the call has had to get legal council to make the facts known. She didn't even talk to the officer as stated in the report.

Check the cop for steroids......bet you 100 he's juicing.
    Man that is harsh.

So I have never met Sgt. Crowley but let me tell you what I see.

He a guy who grew up in the area where he is now a police officer.
    He is of average inteligence Probsbly IQ right around 100.

He has alwasy been very deliberate and worked hard within a structure to suceed at any level.
    The fact that he is a Sgt on the Police force means he has had to do all the right thing, say all the right thing, hang with the right people. and Study harder than most to get that position.

He is not overly outgoing. You can see when the camera is in his face that he is very uncomfortable.
    He is worried about his Job worried about his family.

When Sgt. Crowley went up to the door that night hisd adrenine was going he did not know what was behind that door.
    Then he ran head first into the biggot Professor. Intiialy he was relived that there was jno armed fellon to fight with this time. But now here is the old man belitting him and screaming Racist.

He tried to get away but has to follow the rules.
    Then he's pissed and hurt and offended AND tyhinking he goingto hear more about this evening (For just doing his job)?? So he does what cops get to do with assholes He takes him to jail.

I don't think Sgt Crowley ever had real ambitions about being the Cheif? But he probably wanted to maybe make capt some day? He already knows those day are gone

I think cops should look for a way to not arrest someone; instead of an excuse to arrest them.

The cop was out of line, it shouldn't be illegal to not be subservient to an asshole.

i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

Quote Originally Posted by deliberate View Post
    I think cops should look for a way to not arrest someone; instead of an excuse to arrest them.
    You should go ride along with a uniformed officer for a couple of weekends. It would change your perspective on things, I promise.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

CravenurdotterII Guest
    Why is he lying in his report?

Why is the lady who made the call rebutting his report?

She a racist also?

Cuffing a man with a cane......give me a break.......reminds me of the idiot who tasered the old lady by the highway.

My son witnessed a cop come up behind a girl just off campus in Minnesota..... just walk up and Taser her right on the sidewalk. She offered no resistance and no verbal response. He was afraid to report it. Obvious police brutality.

There was a grey haired old lady pulled over in my home town. SPEEDING......but there were FIVE squad cars pulled up behind her. I confronted the sheriffs about it and the intimidation they displayed....they just shut their traps when I told them it was ridiculous.....caught them at the local diner stuffing their faces......I was pissed as she is a local. Arpaio's thugs are assholes.

Sheriff ticketed my wife for speeding getting my son to the hospital with a severely broken arm. I found that cocksucker too and read him the riot act......he sat there and took it like the chickenshit pussy he was. Taxation agents with guns and a badge......

Another one in Bozeman.......ob/gyn doc gets pulled over on the way to an emergency C-section THE MOTHER IS DYING......the doc finally just gets in his car and leaves the scene to save the mother.......the sheriff has the audacity to follow him into the OR area and issue him a citation.

Glacier Park.......I get pulled over for 10 mph over the limit. The ranger is yelling at me over the loudspeaker to cross over to the other side......well there's oncoming traffic......so he comes up to the car.......I get out.......he tells me to get back in and slams the door on my leg. Mother-in-law, wife and 1 year old kid in the car.
    I ask for his badge number and superior officer.......never complied with my request.
    Now I can see why so many cops get shot........stupid fucks

CravenurdotterII Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    You should go ride along with a uniformed officer for a couple of weekends. It would change your perspective on things, I promise.

The ones hitting on the young girls at the desert parties......or the ones confiscating the drugs for their own pleasure?

I can see where you would enjoy hammering on a speeder or two.
    Being a former Baptist you're a perfect legalist.

If what Gates did was so out of line, why were the charges dropped?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone that says that you don't have the right to speak your mind in your own fucking home doesn't deserve to be an American.
    What kind of pansy-ass servile bullshit is that?

And why are the Republicans that fall all over themselves to spray about the importance of freedom and libertarian policy and the government's gonna take yer guns equally convinced that the only appropriate response to a cop that's fucking with you in your own home is "Yes sir?" Seems to me that if I'm not committing a crime, that's what the cop should say to me when I tell him to get the fuck out of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by mocwvmit View Post
    For now... back to this;

The Cop ACTUALLY DID get the "suitcase" info BEFORE he arrived at house. Here is the transcript below;

I listened to the tape again and you're right. I didn't hear that the first time through.

I'm guessing then Crowley did hear the bit about the suitcases, and probably approached the front door a little more casually, probably not with a gun drawn, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by H-wood View Post
    If what Gates did was so out of line, why were the charges dropped?
    Because it's Cambridge. The cops agree proper procedure was followed but agreed to drop charges because:
    A) it's a minor offense, who really gives a shit?
    B) Easier to do that than to deal with the mayor et al and face the potential backlash from the self-hating white Cambridge community. City wants charges dropped -> prosecutors agree to drop charges.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone that says that you don't have the right to speak your mind in your own fucking home doesn't deserve to be an American.
    What kind of pansy-ass servile bullshit is that?
    Because when you're talking (screaming?) loud enough for the neighbors to hear you it becomes public domain. Same way cops can respond to a noise complaint if you're playing your music too loud.

And why are the Republicans that fall all over themselves to spray about the importance of freedom and libertarian policy and the government's gonna take yer guns equally convinced that the only appropriate response to a cop that's fucking with you in your own home is "Yes sir?" Seems to me that if I'm not committing a crime, that's what the cop should say to me when I tell him to get the fuck out of my house.
    Cop is fucking with you or you're fucking with the cop? It's about making people accountable for their own actions. You act like a douche you'll get treated like a douche. If Gates had responded with a yes sir would we be where we are?

But Gates and the media got their wish and this is now a huge national shitshow on race.

Quote Originally Posted by CravenurdotterII View Post
    Why is he lying in his report?

Why is the lady who made the call rebutting his report?

She a racist also?

Cuffing a man with a cane......give me a break.......reminds me of the idiot who tasered the old lady by the highway.

My son witnessed a cop come up behind a girl just off campus in Minnesota..... just walk up and Taser her right on the sidewalk. She offered no resistance and no verbal response. He was afraid to report it. Obvious police brutality.

There was a grey haired old lady pulled over in my home town. SPEEDING......but there were FIVE squad cars pulled up behind her. I confronted the sheriffs about it and the intimidation they displayed....they just shut their traps when I told them it was ridiculous.....caught them at the local diner stuffing their faces......I was pissed as she is a local. Arpaio's thugs are assholes.

Sheriff ticketed my wife for speeding getting my son to the hospital with a severely broken arm. I found that cocksucker too and read him the riot act......he sat there and took it like the chickenshit pussy he was. Taxation agents with guns and a badge......

Another one in Bozeman.......ob/gyn doc gets pulled over on the way to an emergency C-section THE MOTHER IS DYING......the doc finally just gets in his car and leaves the scene to save the mother.......the sheriff has the audacity to follow him into the OR area and issue him a citation.

Glacier Park.......I get pulled over for 10 mph over the limit. The ranger is yelling at me over the loudspeaker to cross over to the other side......well there's oncoming traffic......so he comes up to the car.......I get out.......he tells me to get back in and slams the door on my leg. Mother-in-law, wife and 1 year old kid in the car.
    I ask for his badge number and superior officer.......never complied with my request.
    Now I can see why so many cops get shot........stupid fucks
    Wow, your brave, anytime I have acted/talked like that to a cop I have been cuffed and stuffed.

Anyway the problem is 'disorderly conduct' its a messed up charge. IMO anything could be called 'disorderly conduct' which gets you a ride to the PD and the Judge may throw it out but your day was still ruined.

Whats the difference between freedom of speech and 'disorderly conduct'?

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia.org/wiki/Disorderly_conduct
    A typical statutory definition of disorderly conduct, in this case Indiana's, defines the offense in this way:

A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally:

(1) engages in fighting or in tumultuous conduct;
    (2) makes unreasonable noise and continues to do so after being asked to stop; or
    (3) disrupts a lawful assembly of persons;
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Man that is harsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Wow, your brave,
    You guys do realize that CravenurdotterII is another tronacate alias, right?
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post

Whats the difference between freedom of speech and 'disorderly conduct'?
    The potential of harm resulting to you, the cop, the person making the exclamations or an innocent bystander, as a result of the expressions of speech. The whole, your right to swing your fists ends, just beyond the tip of my nose.

It's not racism...

This isn't necessarily about racism, it's about legislating the level of candor a citizen must maintain when dealing with a police officer. Sounds to me like Gates was pissed off and really wanted the cop to know that he was pissed off at having to identify himself in his own home. The cop didn't like his attitude and decided to use his authority to punish him for the lack of respect.

The biggest question from this story that I have is what does the law say in regards to how polite a citizen must be towards police. Are we no longer allowed to have emotional responses to police inquiries, regardless how ludicrous? Are police now entitled to demand a certain level of respect, else it's off to the tank with you? What's the officer's professional duty here -- is he/she to simply quell the situation with as much force as he/she deems fit or is there a higher duty on the officer's part to maintain the peace and approach the situation with more delicacy and candor?

Racism is just a cover for this story. The real impact here is really about police power and just how far the police are allowed to go w/ such power. Sorry, but I think the professional police officer in this situation has a higher duty to keep from escalating this situation. Obviously, if he had kept to that duty, we wouldn't be talking about this.

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Mr. Gates was in the wrong and immediately got defensive with the cop who was doing his job. He should have showed the cop his ID, said thanks for watching out for my home, end of story.
    You should shut up you moron. HE DID SHOW THE COPS HIS ID!!!!!!!

The thing should have ended there - assuming that his ID shows his address right? The cop should have left at that point.

Yeah Gates was probably an asshole, but what do you think would have happened if the cop would have shown up like this and kept pressing the issue at some Right Wing NRA card carrying looney like Jer's door?

Fuck the cops - if you are a cop you're 90% likely to be an asshole. Why - who else WANTS to be a cop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jongalot View Post
    VERY LOUD WORDS!
    You should seriously go back in character, you were way funnier then. Thats all.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No no no, we're buddies you moron. You know that.

I was talking to the fuckstick "Downbound Train" not you, you retard.

Yeesh.
    Funny how thin skinned you are when you know you are wrong iceman. What part has you so distressed?

The part about Obama deflecting his racist attitude against the cops by encouraging a debate about the actual incident and not his comentary about it? (the real news worthy story here)

Or the part where you are to stupid to know news (Obama racist) from tabloid bullshit (Cop vs Prof).

How can I be wrong? I haven't said shit except to tell you to get off your fucking podium you moron.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You should seriously go back in character, you were way funnier then. Thats all.
    Times change. I took one of those online - get your 4 year degree courses - in a couple of months. Add to it that the conservatards are out in force since they've been thrown out on the streets and I'm the ride to slay the conservadragons - a Jong Quiote of sorts.

The officer needs to be fired. And based on lots of the commentary, a lot of other law enforcement officers & officials around the country need to be reigned in (or maybe fired as well). The good news is that there seem to be some reasonable people out there too.

Nothing Gates could have done other than a direct threat of violence or an incitement to violence should have gotten him arrested. Especially on his own property. Especially after he confirmed his identity on his own property. In broad daylight.

Where the hell are all the "small government" and the "we need to be able to protect ourselves against Big Brother" types who are usually so vocal around here?

Oh yeah, you are busy explaining why an armed and uniformed government "representative" should on a whim be able to arrest someone for what amounts to being "uppity" on their own property.

Nice to know your real views: Small government and individual rights are good for conservative right-thinking white people, but not good for old scholarly liberal uppity black people in educated communities.

Got it.

I bet you guys would have been among those claiming to be appalled by people in Nazi Germany & the USSR who had their neighbors shipped off to camps with a simple unsubstantiated accusation. But here in the USA a citizen should loose their rights because some random person picks up the phone? Or because they are not, while on their own property, properly deferential to some random person in uniform? Damn stupid & damn sad.

I blame Rob Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jongalot View Post
    You should shut up you moron. HE DID SHOW THE COPS HIS ID!!!!!!!

The thing should have ended there - assuming that his ID shows his address right? The cop should have left at that point.

Yeah Gates was probably an asshole, but what do you think would have happened if the cop would have shown up like this and kept pressing the issue at some Right Wing NRA card carrying looney like Jer's door?

Fuck the cops - if you are a cop you're 90% likely to be an asshole. Why - who else WANTS to be a cop?
    Man panties in a wad are they ?!

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Man panties in a wad are they ?!
    Hypocrite.

read Spindrift's post. Well spoken

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    The officer needs to be fired. And based on lots of the commentary, a lot of other law enforcement officers & officials around the country need to be reigned in (or maybe fired as well). The good news is that there seem to be some reasonable people out there too.

Nothing Gates could have done other than a direct threat of violence or an incitement to violence should have gotten him arrested. Especially on his own property. Especially after he confirmed his identity on his own property. In broad daylight.

Where the hell are all the "small government" and the "we need to be able to protect ourselves against Big Brother" types who are usually so vocal around here?

Oh yeah, you are busy explaining why an armed and uniformed government "representative" should on a whim be able to arrest someone for what amounts to being "uppity" on their own property.

Nice to know your real views: Small government and individual rights are good for conservative right-thinking white people, but not good for old scholarly liberal uppity black people in educated communities.

Got it.

I bet you guys would have been among those claiming to be appalled by people in Nazi Germany & the USSR who had their neighbors shipped off to camps with a simple unsubstantiated accusation. But here in the USA a citizen should loose their rights because some random person picks up the phone? Or because they are not, while on their own property, properly deferential to some random person in uniform? Damn stupid & damn sad.
    YES! Nazis! We can close the thread now!

Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk View Post
    This isn't necessarily about racism, it's about legislating the level of candor a citizen must maintain when dealing with a police officer. ...

The biggest question from this story that I have is what does the law say in regards to how polite a citizen must be towards police. Are we no longer allowed to have emotional responses to police inquiries, regardless how ludicrous? Are police now entitled to demand a certain level of respect, else it's off to the tank with you? What's the officer's professional duty here -- is he/she to simply quell the situation with as much force as he/she deems fit or is there a higher duty on the officer's part to maintain the peace and approach the situation with more delicacy and candor?

Racism is just a cover for this story. The real impact here is really about police power and just how far the police are allowed to go w/ such power. ...
    Agreed.

To the extent that this is about race, that's because Gates (and others) forced it to be so. You don't have to dismiss the existence of unwarranted racial profiling to think that's more than a stretch here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Sometimes I think you guys are some of the smartest people on the web, other times I wonder if you were shaken as babies.