what is the english word for..

i have to translate something into english (not my native language) and could use some help..

looking for a word or expression to describe the rescue of someone by their climbing/skiing/whatever partners, rather than professionals. as in you dig your buddy out and don't wait for SAR/patrol etc. in german the word for this is Kameradenrettung, literally comrade rescue.

how would i say this in english, if possible in one word or short phrase?
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

not sure there is a precise translation. you sometimes read about a party "self-rescuing" but that always seems a bit vague because it sounds a bit like a number of people all (say) digging themselves out of an avalanche but it's usually referring to some members of a party digging other members of the same party out
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

There is no direct equivalent for this one much in the same way that there isn't for Schadenfreude or bergschrund. In these circumstances English tends to nick or bastardise other people's words but given that avalanche rescue is uncommon, I guess we haven't bothered.

If you want a phrase for a article I'd probably use "companion rescue". If it is more a colloquial thing I'd probably say "we dug the silly fucker out."

I'd agree with self-rescue.

A couple of examples pulled from the top of my head:

"One member of the party suffered a broken leg during the rockfall event, but the rest of the party were able to perform a self-rescue and bring their injured partner to safety without contacting SAR."

"Due to the remoteness of the area, the group took all necessary safety precautions and were prepared for self-rescue should the need arise."

"Joe Simpson pulled off one of the most miraculous self-rescues in the history of mountaineering."

Edit: to what Gorilla said, I'd probably say "rescued by his/her/their companions" vs. "companion rescue", but now I'm just nit-picking.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

thanks all, very helpful. companion rescue will work, it is in the headline (... blabla's benefits for companion rescue) so i can't make some kind of x was rescued by companios sentence.

self-rescue would literally be Selbstrettung in german, which unfortunately is the word for rescuing yourself personally (drinking a lot before getting buried and peeing your way out). the people i am translating this for would not understand the difference, i am pretty sure, and change it to something worse -.-

also, for people taking part in scientific tests, can you say probands? test persons (people?) guinea pigs?
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

"Volunteers"

"Testees"
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

"Poor College Students in need of Beer Money"

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    also, for people taking part in scientific tests, can you say probands? test persons (people?) guinea pigs?
    That would be a probe.
    "Well John, the situation is... I'm pregnant!" - anonymous passenger on US Air flight 3199

The climbing community calls this "self-rescue". "Companion-rescue" will get the point across, but it will sound like it was written by a German-speaker.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

I've heard the terms "partner rescue" or "companion rescue" used in that context.

Interventional rescue or just intervention?

Les Strouded?

"I was lost in the woods, but Les Strouded a fire and some shelter until a helicopter flew over and saw the smoke from my fire"
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

The correct term used in the NSP Level I and Level II courses is "Group Rescue". A rescue performed by professional rescuers is referred to as an "Organized Rescue". I hope this helps.