Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    We need to give a nod to Coyote in the Places To Get Your Ass Kicked in New Mexico standings.
    true. it makes me wonder how many hippies got they're teeth knocked-in after the rainbow gathering. it was out there near Coyote/Lindrith, right?

I'll bet the locals loved all those freakin' dirtballs hanging around.

haha suckers!

I am from CT grew up skiing VT, CO, WY, and canada. Moved to colorado for school...stayed for 6 yrs. Worked for Vail resorts, went back east, freaked then drove to Taos Ski Valley on a whim sight unseen.
    That said.
    Taos is the shit. NM on the other hand is full of re-re's. I am convinced there is a 2 bong hit minimum before you drive your car, and being from the east coast slow drivers make me nuts. Solution...pass in the turning lanes. duh. But after working for Vail resorts and coming to Taos I had an awakening. I pay $300 for rent in a 3 bedroom house at the bottom of ski valley rd on a 14 acre estate with a stream in the backyard and no neighbors. Veggie garden and chickens. During the winter we have a full jib park and kickers set up and have 30ft tall bonfires and blast off fireworks for no fucking reason. I am living the life and do whatever I want and so do my smart roommates. We all graduated college and decided to live the LIFE. Snowmobile back country until mid june and blast off guns...also for no fucking reason. Oh wait....yeah this state sucks...please stay in colorado or where ever you live. I can deal with low lifes...I just don't go to town except for some groceries...even though most come from our garden. Yeah best stay away especially when we get 4ft of fresh and get to ski in-bounds pow stashes until the next dump and never have to deal with lines. FOOLS!

Quote Originally Posted by LogMahal View Post
    I am from CT grew up skiing VT, CO, WY, and canada. Moved to colorado for school...stayed for 6 yrs. Worked for Vail resorts, went back east, freaked then drove to Taos Ski Valley on a whim sight unseen.
    That said.
    Taos is the shit. NM on the other hand is full of re-re's. I am convinced there is a 2 bong hit minimum before you drive your car, and being from the east coast slow drivers make me nuts. Solution...pass in the turning lanes. duh. But after working for Vail resorts and coming to Taos I had an awakening. I pay $300 for rent in a 3 bedroom house at the bottom of ski valley rd on a 14 acre estate with a stream in the backyard and no neighbors. Veggie garden and chickens. During the winter we have a full jib park and kickers set up and have 30ft tall bonfires and blast off fireworks for no fucking reason. I am living the life and do whatever I want and so do my smart roommates. We all graduated college and decided to live the LIFE. Snowmobile back country until mid june and blast off guns...also for no fucking reason. Oh wait....yeah this state sucks...please stay in colorado or where ever you live. I can deal with low lifes...I just don't go to town except for some groceries...even though most come from our garden. Yeah best stay away especially when we get 4ft of fresh and get to ski in-bounds pow stashes until the next dump and never have to deal with lines. FOOLS!
    awesome! congratulations on being the first to discover a few of the specific charms of the taos area. well done on graduating college, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    a reaction, a response. anything that brings his view to light....especially getting angry-> this is exactly what the racist fuck wants.

dont hate the racist. have pitty, feel sorry for the racist. it cant be a happy place.
    Jeezuz.....I remember when we had chat. The fucktards would get in there and start talking shit and we'd just ignore them. When you saw this whole page of people talking to each other and nobody responding to the fucktards, it really was so pathetic at a glance, I felt sorry for them, cause they could see it, too. Really pathetic. In black and white. A little restraint can serve you well. Both here and in New Mexico.

So what's the scoop on Las Cruces? I have a friend who moved there.

"for reals"

that shit is classic.

Ehhhh Brahhh for reals and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

ouch.

it's sorta close to El Paso, which is close to Hueco Tanks. so if he pulls down steep boulders he may have fun. there also could be some good biking down there...but I don't know. Crazy hot in the summertime...like PHX hot.

'cruces would be one of the last places in the state I'd wanna live.

that being said, they have a university and I know people who like it down there.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The skiing sucks.

It's desert, a college town that is becoming popular with retirees. Not too bad at all if you like that kind of thing. The Organ Mountains are right there and pretty cool and it's not too far from the Gila country and (as mentioned) Huecos Tanks. The town of Mesilla is just across the river and that's kind of a funky little place.

The bootheel country of NM isn't too far away, and that's one of the greatest overlooked parts of the state. Pretty isolated there, except for the occasional drug cartel activity.

I'd suggest that you visit your friend during the cool months. It's nicest then.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    The skiing sucks.

It's desert, a college town that is becoming popular with retirees. Not too bad at all if you like that kind of thing. The Organ Mountains are right there and pretty cool and it's not too far from the Gila country and (as mentioned) Huecos Tanks. The town of Mesilla is just across the river and that's kind of a funky little place.

The bootheel country of NM isn't too far away, and that's one of the greatest overlooked parts of the state. Pretty isolated there, except for the occasional drug cartel activity.

I'd suggest that you visit your friend during the cool months. It's nicest then.
    Seems like a good place for a CR500....cruces anymore is just el paso north no MS? That's what it looked like driving through last month

haha, thanks! Not to say I didn't enjoy living in summit county....it's just...well...you just can't compare the two. Taos trumps any colorado mountain as far as steeps are concerned (other than perhaps the butte') but that is NOT summit county. Where else can you still live like a king and not pay out the ace to do it. I am glad I discovered this rare gem before intrawest try's to take over and I guarantee my property will be on their radar. A shout out to the Blake family too for keeping it in the fam. This is a REAL ski mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    Seems like a good place for a CR500....cruces anymore is just el paso north no MS? That's what it looked like driving through last month
    I would so be into a big-ass dirt bike if I lived there. But LC isn't quite ELP del norte because thankfully it lacks the brutal proximity of Ciudad Juarez. Juarez is the one of the meanest towns I can think of, and ELP is just a short drive-by away.

haha, thanks! Not to say I didn't enjoy living in summit county....it's just...well...you just can't compare the two. Taos trumps any colorado mountain as far as steeps are concerned (other than perhaps the butte') but that is NOT summit county. Where else can you still live like a king and not pay out the ace to do it. I am glad I discovered this rare gem before intrawest try's to take over and I guarantee my property will be on their radar. A shout out to the Blake family too for keeping it in the fam. This is a REAL ski mountain...
    it was a real ski mountain, now it's a real ski resort. It was affordable, now you see singlewides on a dirtlot in talpa for $150000. Back when you could afford to live there cheap, before the snowboarding and the condogasm, when Mickey would still put Chis Stagg in his place, and Adriana and Jano were just skiers...you could get a beer for 1.50, or nothing if you traded tunes or pot or food you grew or something for it at the T Bird that doesn't exist anymore. You could go sit in that guy's hot tub at that one place that's lit and patrolled now. You could have one eye open and barely be standing and drive down the canyon to HondoSecobro or hhhwherever in the pounding snow that used to happen before the new generation upset the gods, because there was no TSV town marshall. And even with the first town marshall that guy would sit on the porch with me on pattison loop, in the house that doesn't exist anymore, and drink coffee while I went in the house and pulled a tube, and we'd tell stories about the guys who used to live with me in Amizette and then ended up burning down gilbert's mom's el salto ski lodge that doesn't exist anymore.

What is it now? Maybe it's something, maybe it's something to you, maybe it's something better than something else, but to me it's something that's rotted and spoiled, and it's shameful and ugly how things have developed. Fucking saw a guy wearing a burton shirt at the TSV post office and had to be civil about it, sure, come on up and piss on it, it's been dead for years anyway have at it.

haha a prime example of a Taos ski snob. It has barely changed since my dad first started coming up here when he was my age. Sure a few things changing like a house not being there any more but as far as development you are a fool to think it has changed much. Yeah being here when it was a skier only mountain was great...but most of my friends board...and are sponsored to boot. I love having a house filled with tele skiers, boarders, and skiers alike everyone sleeping packed as fuck just to wake up early and hit the slopes. You know there is a difference between development and PROGRESSION! But what do I care what you think, you probably suck anyways! Another case of a taos snob who cares more about talking about how everything is changing and smoking pot then actually riding/skiing some great shit. I have been to most resorts in america, lived at a few, and toured internationally and Taos is still my home favorite. I can't wait until the el nino season hits and you are on here blogging about how it is "changing" and messing your diaper while I am getting face shots blowing down slapshot laughing out loud. sucker.

it happened right before my eyes and I'm a fool for seeing it?

I got more face shots in my first few months at Solitude than I did in 750 or so days skiing taos. I also probably fixed fewer core shots and blown edges in my 5 seasons in Utah than I did in the average, say, 2 weeks in Taos.

Dude, people down there get this idea from Jean or whatever that they're in a world class ski area...it's good skiing, it's a good steep little ski hill with major snow problems. It used to be a much cooler place to live than it is now. That's all it is, it's just another small steep ski area that skis well on the off chance that the snow's good.

I don't know anything though, because I don't care about skiing the way you do and all I do is blog and shit my pants while you're scoring the sick sick rocky-trough hardpack bump line you hiked to. Have you ever considered that while you were doing that, I was stepping off the tram for Main Street to Stauffy to Castor/Pollux in one run at Snowbird? Or leaving solitude after a morning of lapping chest deep blower to go play 2 games of hockey in the afternoon and then watch a pro game that night? Livin' the dream, the taos dream! You're an artist and a cowboy and an indian and a ski pioneer! You're the source, the Godhead of modern ski escapism, you've tapped into the ultimate...you know where the killer energy is man, because it's here in New Mexico and nobody knows about it. Fuck you dipshit, everyone knows about Taos, it's just not worth the drive. Seriously.

What, do you think I'm retarded? How dare I question your JONG sensibilities, your flawless Valdez lifestyle choices...Anyone who doesn't understand how rad Taos is just must either be a full blown gaper or not know shit about it because this place rules! You'll say that tonight at your hippy bonfire with your telemarking dreadlock girlfriend over some fat tire and know that you told me how it was...fuck that guy.

K dude, you're welcome to live your dream. I know what I know of that place, and I've seen what I've seen.

haha.....you don't want a place to change but if they put in a tram to the top of kachina you would be all butt hurt...while you brag about riding the tram at another ski resort? It is mickeys dream to put a lift to the very top so the whole mountain will have lift access. While I agree that it is a pain in the ass to hike...I am buying our piece of Taos that backs up the the national forest and will never be developed....14 acres that will never be touched and then the forest that cant be touched either. This coming season is our last, and we are all moving to Alaska to be heli ski guides and to fish, while we rent our property to gaping texans, and when we are finished getting our kicks then can move back and hopefully ski the whole mountain all lift access or just hop on one of our snowmobiles and go rip backcountry. By all means stay in Utah while the real skiers are filming in AK and touring the globe. haha....and my girlfriend can be seen in a certain companies ski movies. and we drink HAAMS beer and Prestige Rum from smiths....only the best in valdez.

haha.....you don't want a place to change but if they put in a tram to the top of kachina you would be all butt hurt...
    negatory...that's just what that place needs. Fewer condos and more access to the peak.

and when the big one finally burns gallina canyon and the shitshow VFD waterheads are trying to turn their type 1 engine around and back it down some 1 lane dirt road with 25 panicking rugged-individualist-escapists freaking out clogging the one-way-in/one-way-out 1 lane dirt road you'll find yourself, along with all the other "next to the forest" WUI clusterfuckers, slightly butt hurt yourself as the place nukes. It will happen some day, mark my word.

it happened right before my eyes and I'm a fool for seeing it?

I got more face shots in my first few months at Solitude than I did in 750 or so days skiing taos. I also probably fixed fewer core shots and blown edges in my 5 seasons in Utah than I did in the average, say, 2 weeks in Taos.

Dude, people down there get this idea from Jean or whatever that they're in a world class ski area...it's good skiing, it's a good steep little ski hill with major snow problems. It used to be a much cooler place to live than it is now. That's all it is, it's just another small steep ski area that skis well on the off chance that the snow's good.

I don't know anything though, because I don't care about skiing the way you do and all I do is blog and shit my pants while you're scoring the sick sick rocky-trough hardpack bump line you hiked to. Have you ever considered that while you were doing that, I was stepping off the tram for Main Street to Stauffy to Castor/Pollux in one run at Snowbird? Or leaving solitude after a morning of lapping chest deep blower to go play 2 games of hockey in the afternoon and then watch a pro game that night? Livin' the dream, the taos dream! You're an artist and a cowboy and an indian and a ski pioneer! You're the source, the Godhead of modern ski escapism, you've tapped into the ultimate...you know where the killer energy is man, because it's here in New Mexico and nobody knows about it. Fuck you dipshit, everyone knows about Taos, it's just not worth the drive. Seriously.

What, do you think I'm retarded? How dare I question your JONG sensibilities, your flawless Valdez lifestyle choices...Anyone who doesn't understand how rad Taos is just must either be a full blown gaper or not know shit about it because this place rules! You'll say that tonight at your hippy bonfire with your telemarking dreadlock girlfriend over some fat tire and know that you told me how it was...fuck that guy.

K dude, you're welcome to live your dream. I know what I know of that place, and I've seen what I've seen.
    I give this rant a 10 out of 10. Thorough pwn4g3.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I <3 yetiman.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    This one goes to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Agreed!! Nice Yetiman!!

Livin' the dream, the taos dream! You're an artist and a cowboy and an indian and a ski pioneer! You're the source, the Godhead of modern ski escapism, you've tapped into the ultimate...you know where the killer energy is man, because it's here in New Mexico and nobody knows about it.
    this is great the seething sarcasm melts my screen. sigworthy for sure.

I am buying our piece of Taos that backs up the the national forest and will never be developed.... This coming season is our last, and we are all moving to Alaska to be heli ski guides and to fish, while we rent our property to gaping texans, and when we are finished getting our kicks then can move back and hopefully ski the whole mountain all lift access or just hop on one of our snowmobiles and go rip backcountry.
    so let me get this straight- you rent now, and you're super core.. then you're planning to buy, and the people you're planning to rent to (and who will move there to ski the same stuff you brag about skiing) are TEXAS GAPERS? how are the same people any better/worse than you for renting the same property you rent and live on now? your sanctimony does not compute.

The texan crowd is an ongoing joke at TSV. Since I am a carpenter by trade I am building A frame's on the property and up-dating the main log cabin and the 1-bedroom cabin also on the 14acre property. What don't you get? Every resort has its crowd of shitty skiers...they stick to the greens and can even be found on ski blades....thats fine with me! They know nothing about the mountain or where the pow stashes are, nor do they care...they come in flocks during spring break and stick to the lower front side. To boot we rent our property for holiday prices and every one wins! We get paid and we don't even have to be there. All of you are un-educated fools and ski snobs who think your shit doesn't stink. Some of us are motivated and have slightly grander visions with how life should be lived, rather than just sitting on blog forums talking about how it "used to be" and forming homoerotic alliances with other bloggers.....this is the first time I have ever even written on a blog and I am regretting it. Im just not cut out for this cop out on reality. This will be my last post on this joke of freedom of expression. Good luck being negative, elitist, know-it-all, cinical fucks blogging about life instead of living it. Have fun giving each other reach arounds and golden tornados......im off to have a "hippie" bonfire, cook a filet mignon, have a few rum beverages and get ready for my flight to the east coast to enjoy a few weeks in the sunny glory of Nantucket....then off to sail around the british virgin islands....just in time to be back for ski season. I will let you all know how it was on a nice blog post when I have internet again. haha have fun online while I am offline and experiencing life. what a bunch of tools.

...this is the first time I have ever even written on a blog and I am regretting it.
    "blog" does not mean what you think it means.

Im just not cut out for this cop out on reality. This will be my last post on this joke of freedom of expression.
    Just as well - you suck at the internet.
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 07-26-2009 at 07:58 PM.

good riddance. next?!

This thread is fucking hilarious!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

LogMahal:
    Blah, blah, no paragraph breaks, blah.
    Yetiman:
    Been there, moved on, shut up.