Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Yeah, but have you seen the size of some of the elk those nerds have developed???

No, but I've been nearly blown off the cliff at the Y while climbing when they detonated one of their test bombs.

This thread is gold, but I gotta say, the way Summit reacts to NM, thats the way i react to the world at large.

I try to be optimistic and love humanity as a whole, but everywhere I go, the sheer volume of retardedness and illogical irrational behavior just blows me away. It seems like the VAST majority of people are just very stupid to begin with, and willfully make themselves even dumber by not paying attention or thinking about ANYTHING.

I am thankful it is easy to just make friends with normal people that aren't retards, but its impossible to avoid them, they're everywhere.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I try to be optimistic and love humanity as a whole, but everywhere I go, the sheer volume of retardedness and illogical irrational behavior just blows me away. It seems like the VAST majority of people are just very stupid to begin with, and willfully make themselves even dumber by not paying attention or thinking about ANYTHING.
    I suppose optimism is fine and everything, but I think you're a lot better prepared for life when you realize that 90% of everything is crap.

Another useful statistic is that 50% of all the people in the world are stupider than average.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Another useful statistic is that 50% of all the people in the world are stupider than the median.
    fixed it for you.

Stupider?

Life is hard when you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    It seems like the VAST majority of people are just very stupid to begin with, and willfully make themselves even dumber by not paying attention or thinking about ANYTHING.
    Given your own apparent mental capacity, that's a very sad statement.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Another useful statistic is that 50% of all the people in the world are stupider than the median.
    fixed it for you.
    Most people are too stupid to know the difference.

My new hero. He was coherent and had a BAC of just shy of .4.

Heard that one on the radio this morning. Truly a professional.
    What's the most confusing day of the year in Espanola? Father's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    even some of the lifelong taoseños I knew would avoid going to petaca. Petaca is to them what taos is to summit.

You should go to Petaca NM next time you're in the area and make a big, white-guy fuss about what you see...

I drove through it and I sure as hell wasn't about to stop let alone "make a big, white-guy fuss." It was an interesting place.

Oh yeah, NM sucks. Sorry, the state trooper wasn't around for the no vending pic but it's a guy selling rocks. Christmas trees are usually a big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    blah...blah...blah...

Bump... what a fun re-read.

Now I feel like I need to go back and get me some green chile!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

i miss BeanDipFarts4All.

This was in the paper today. Holy shit...

When volunteer firefighter Ashten Salazar saw the acting chief arrive at the Velarde Valley Fire Department’s monthly meeting Monday night in Velarde 30 minutes late, wearing a bullet-proof vest and bearing an assault rifle and handgun, she immediately took cover.

She said Darwin Yazzie, 28, was yelling, “Where are they? I’m going to get them!” Salazar fled with most of the 30 others at the business meeting.

As Yazzie approached the open garage doors of the fire station off Rio Arriba County Road 50, Salazar said, his brother disarmed him of the assault rifle. But, she said, Yazzie then started waving the handgun around, continuing to yell, “I’m going to get them.”

Yazzie, of Ohkay Owingeh, was arrested four hours later at his home on the pueblo by Rio Arriba County sheriff’s deputies and was charged with five counts of aggravated assault, according to the Rio Arriba County jail.

Salazar, who has been a volunteer firefighter for four years with the department, said Yazzie was named the acting chief following the termination of Eddie Velarde. Velarde was charged with obstructing an officer, disorderly conduct and concealing his identity after an incident during the Crazy Horse Fire in the community in March 2011.

Velarde was later acquitted of the charges and has since filed a lawsuit against Rio Arriba County. Salazar says the Velarde Fire Department has been divided into two groups since the lawsuit was filed six months ago: those who reject Velarde as chief and those who support him.

Salazar said Yazzie supports Velarde, and she believes Velarde has continued to run the department through Yazzie.

“Darwin has been Eddie Velarde’s right-hand man for a number of years,” Salazar said.

According to Erika Martinez, a spokeswoman for Rio Arriba County, Yazzie was Velarde’s assistant chief and assumed Velarde’s role automatically when Velarde was fired.

Martinez said Tuesday that the county fired Yazzie following Monday’s threats, and the county is seeking a temporary restraining order on Yazzie.

“We don’t want him to be able to be on any county property in order to protect all of our employees,” Martinez said.

Rio Arriba County Fire Marshal Jerome Sanchez will take over duties as the Velarde fire chief, Martinez said, and Rio Arriba County Emergency Manager Mateo DeVargas will be his assistant chief.

Calls to Velarde and his attorney, Diego Zamora, were not returned Tuesday.

Yazzie did not fire any shots, and no one was injured Monday, but Salazar said Yazzie “has been very aggressive toward a number of people in the department” in the last six months.

Yazzie was found asleep at home by Rio Arriba County sheriff’s deputies shortly after midnight Tuesday morning, according The New Mexican’s media partner, KOB-TV.

A spokesperson at the Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Department said Sheriff Tommy Rodella has refused to allow staff to speak to The New Mexican about the incident because of an editorial about Rodella that appeared several months ago regarding the Democratic primary election. The sheriff’s department did confirm, however, that the case will be forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office.

KOB-TV reports indicate deputies did not recover any weapons when they arrested Yazzie.

According to court records, Yazzie has a long history of DWI arrests in Ohkay Owingeh and Rio Arriba County, and Salazar couldn’t explain how or why the department named him acting chief. “He has quite an extensive rap sheet to even be in his position,” Salazar said.

Yazzie pleaded guilty/no contest to drunken driving in Española in 2008. He has been arrested four times since 2006 by Ohkay Owingeh police on DWI charges, including two arrests since April of this year, according to the Santa Fe County jail website.

On April 26, Yazzie was arrested on charges of aggravated DWI, driving without proof of insurance and driving with expired plates. He was released from jail May 6, according to jail records, then arrested again May 20 on the same charges.

He also was arrested in 2010 on charges of aggravated DWI and carrying a concealed weapon.

State court records do not show the results of the cases against Yazzie because they were handled by Ohkay Owingeh courts. Phone calls to Ohkay Owingeh officials were not returned Tuesday.

Contact Nico Roesler at 986-3089 or nroesler@sfnewmexican.com. Follow him on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cptpowder View Post
    This was in the paper today. Holy shit...
    A psycho, selected by morons.

A psycho, selected by morons.
    But isn't that part of the charm of Rio Arriba County? Heck, I saw someone with Espanola listed in the "cool obscure places" thread. The lowriders are cool, and there are some good dive eats, but really?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMatt View Post
    But isn't that part of the charm of Rio Arriba County? Heck, I saw someone with Espanola listed in the "cool obscure places" thread. The lowriders are cool, and there are some good dive eats, but really?
    I was wondering if I was missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMatt View Post
    Someone else just listed Chimayo in that thread. I guess it's cool and obscure in terms of having the highest proportion of third-generation heroin addicts anywhere.

Huh, guilty of total touron perspective. I guess I won't buy property there but the carne ardovada at Rancho Chimayo is pretty fargin good.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Huh, guilty of total touron perspective. I guess I won't buy property there but the carne ardovada at Rancho Chimayo is pretty fargin good.
    I'll give you the carne adovada, and telepop - who used to post here every so often - lives in happily Chimayo, but there has been a bit of a black tar problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    "New Mexico: yeah, like we needed another one"
    too funny....!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

How did I miss this thread...damn! Gold Jerry, gold!

How did you miss a 14 year old thread with no replies in 11 years? Beats me... what a blast from the hilarious ancient past.

I love going to NM, usually go to AF twice a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

ITT: necrobros bein' bros, proto VRBOs, posole verde and val deez nuts