Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1085
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyskir05 View Post
    How's the tree avoidance system technology coming along?
    i overheard something about scott programming some sort of cranial-implant-chip....

So pre sale in mid may you say? I think i may have to buy more skis as i just sold a whole bunch of shit.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

What the plan for the wrens next year iggy? I want to get a charging ski but im not too convinced about a twin tip 191cm charging ski!?
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

after doing some hard thinking on the quiver I'm pretty sure I will get the viciks as my daily driver and toss my FFR+ on them. from what I've heard I think they are the ski that I have been looking for all winter.

and if that BC tail idea is possible I would love that. you could even just do a flatter tail and let us dremel our own skin notch in
    Carry on my wayward son...

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    As was stated, protos were 186cm 132/104/120. 15/- and 25/15 rocker. Production will have 15/-, semi twin..
    is that pretty similar to the rocker profile on the billy goats?
    Carry on my wayward son...

Hmm I might have to get some Viciks this year....I need something to replace my Tahoes as an everyday driver. How nimble were the JBS in bumps and soft snow?
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Hmm I might have to get some Viciks this year....I need something to replace my Tahoes as an everyday driver. How nimble were the JBS in bumps and soft snow?
    "Best all-round ski I've ridden ... probably ever"

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Strongly considering the Viciks as i toss around the usual tahoe, mantra, thoughts as a daily driver.

Although as an east coaster -non park- id love to see the Vicik's closer to 94-96cm. But alas, happy to have the BGs early this season and another choice for next year

i dont know if this is going to sound as positive as i mean it, but they actually ski narrower than they are. they just work... the only trouble i really had with the as an everyday ski was in the park as i like a softer park ski but ... non-issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveezy View Post
    What the plan for the wrens next year iggy? I want to get a charging ski but im not too convinced about a twin tip 191cm charging ski!?
    I have the 181cm Wrens and they ski more like a traditional ski than a twin-tip. The tails feel plenty long because they don't have rocker. They ski a lot like a 180cm verdict but with better float, more stability, easier turn initiation and less hooky tips, but have a similar turn radius (medium-large). Much less turny than 186cm Billy Goats which I tried for two days.

I might have asked this before, but i cant remember, so i figured i'd just do it again.
    Really considering some Caylors next year, but i have a question. How is shipping to euroland? Is it crazy expensive?
    Last edited by Howie; 04-18-2010 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I might have asked this before, but i cant remember, so i figured i'd just do it again.
    Really considering some Caylors next year, but i have a question. How is shipping to euroland? Is it crazy expensive?
    Scott and the ON3P guys will have to confirm ... but I had some shipped to Australia this year and the price was really reasonable, around $130 for two pairs ... so possibly even better to Euroland ...

Quote Originally Posted by prophet View Post
    i dont know if this is going to sound as positive as i mean it, but they actually ski narrower than they are. they just work... the only trouble i really had with the as an everyday ski was in the park as i like a softer park ski but ... non-issue there.
    What is the flex like on the Viciks? I am trying to decide between a pair of 191 Wrens and 186 Viciks for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveezy View Post
    Stays the same. It does fine with the twin. I know some people will always count it out with the twin, and we've talked about changing it....but we are just too happy with where it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post
    is that pretty similar to the rocker profile on the billy goats?
    That pair had the same BG profile, but production pairs wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AustSnow View Post
    Scott and the ON3P guys will have to confirm ... but I had some shipped to Australia this year and the price was really reasonable, around $130 for two pairs ... so possibly even better to Euroland ...
    I won't lie. We got straight killed on international shipping. We had thought we could find an afford way to do it, but there just isn't any way. USPS won't deal with us going to most locations. Even with a good fedex discount we have, it cost us usually $200+ to ship a pair to Europe or Australia. Shipping two pairs helps, but is still super costly. We just weren't going to go back and ask for more money, so just had to bite the bullet and go with it.

There isn't even any serious discount for economy. It is usually only $10 cheaper than international priority.

I don't know how we are going to do this next year just yet. Recently, we've been charging $150/pair to ship and we still take a $50-75 hit on everything we ship overseas. So I need to figure something out.

I know we've been possibly trying to set up some sort of group buy down to NZ. Hope would be to ship 7-10 pairs together, which knocked the per pair shipping price down to between $60-80, but we need to get a good number of skis to even do it.

So that is one of the big things I need to figure out. If we just need to charge a huge amount for international shipping, or if we go to some sort of local distribution method for international orders.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLineSeeker View Post
    What is the flex like on the Viciks? I am trying to decide between a pair of 191 Wrens and 186 Viciks for next year.
    Fairly similar in both stiffness and profile. Vicik is going to be a bit softer though.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I won't lie. We got straight killed on international shipping. We had thought we could find an afford way to do it, but there just isn't any way. USPS won't deal with us going to most locations. Even with a good fedex discount we have, it cost us usually $200+ to ship a pair to Europe or Australia. Shipping two pairs helps, but is still super costly. We just weren't going to go back and ask for more money, so just had to bite the bullet and go with it.

There isn't even any serious discount for economy. It is usually only $10 cheaper than international priority.

I don't know how we are going to do this next year just yet. Recently, we've been charging $150/pair to ship and we still take a $50-75 hit on everything we ship overseas. So I need to figure something out.

I know we've been possibly trying to set up some sort of group buy down to NZ. Hope would be to ship 7-10 pairs together, which knocked the per pair shipping price down to between $60-80, but we need to get a good number of skis to even do it.

So that is one of the big things I need to figure out. If we just need to charge a huge amount for international shipping, or if we go to some sort of local distribution method for international orders.
    Aha. That kind of sucks. I suppose i can always just use som sort of Mail forwarding service though. I've done some checking and that dosent look too expensive. However if i decide to order some skis (Which is likely, as long as i can get the cash for it) It will most likely not be before September/October, so there's plenty of time

Quote Originally Posted by critical-motion View Post
    I have the 181cm Wrens and they ski more like a traditional ski than a twin-tip. The tails feel plenty long because they don't have rocker. They ski a lot like a 180cm verdict but with better float, more stability, easier turn initiation and less hooky tips, but have a similar turn radius (medium-large). Much less turny than 186cm Billy Goats which I tried for two days.
    I just got my 81 Wrens too... haven't had a ton of time on them due to a little nagging injury but I've gotten them out in everything from blower to sun crust to spring corn... and they definitely float and have a stable ride, but I'm getting a lot of tip hook... mostly in the deep or crusty but i was definitely feeling them turn a bit more than i wanted them to. you werent getting any of that? i mounted mine ~+2 from the line so perhaps that had an effect... but just looking down at the tips and feeling them turn seems like theres just a mm or 2 too much there... anyone else or am i fucktarded?

I just got my 81 Wrens too... haven't had a ton of time on them due to a little nagging injury but I've gotten them out in everything from blower to sun crust to spring corn... and they definitely float and have a stable ride, but I'm getting a lot of tip hook... mostly in the deep or crusty but i was definitely feeling them turn a bit more than i wanted them to. you werent getting any of that? i mounted mine ~+2 from the line so perhaps that had an effect... but just looking down at the tips and feeling them turn seems like theres just a mm or 2 too much there... anyone else or am i fucktarded?
    You already know what my opinion is, but I will post it up again - You are too far forward on them. I know you like a more center mount and have gone with it in the past on the JBS, seth, etc, but the wren doesn't like to be forward.

The only other person whose I can honestly say has ever had issues with tip hook on those was Wil when he mounted his 191cm -7cm from center (+2 from recommended).

You can go back and look at his early feedback on them and basically was exactly what you describe. If I have a few minutes, I will see if I can dig it up in the ON3P cult if you want.

He ended up moving them back to -9 (rec) or -10 or so and was MUCH happier there.

It is a ski that definitely doesn't like to be mounted forward.

Like iggy suggests, you're likely too far forward. I mounted mine dead center and have experienced very little tip hookiness, although I've only skied blower and corn, no crust. The tips only hook at low-speed carves on groomers, probably most of it is my technique since I'm coming from 98mm wide skis. This is the beefiest ski I've ever owned and I've had a few moments when I felt that the tails were too long/stiff (because I'm coming from tail-rockered Rossi S3s which are noodles), but never the tips.

I don't think that the Wren or Billy Goat shapes are conducive to forward mounting. Part of the issue is that they do not have very symmetrical shapes (sidecut, tapers, and/or rockers) unlike the Caylors. As soon as you move forwards (and sometimes back) on an asymmetrical ski, the distribution of pressure to the tip and tail ski changes drastically and the skis begin to behave poorly because emphasis is being put on the wrong part of the edge, camber, or rocker.
    Last edited by critical-motion; 04-19-2010 at 09:55 PM.

I heard through the grape vine that there might be a demo at baker this weekend? any chance of the blue steele's showing up? gonna be a great day for moguls...

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanbob View Post
    I heard through the grape vine that there might be a demo at baker this weekend? any chance of the blue steele's showing up? gonna be a great day for moguls...
    Probably just 181cm wrens, caylors, jmos, and maybe a few 191cms. Blue Steele demos are going to be out somewhere else that day. Sorry.

Jmos would be my ski of choice that day.

Okay so i know i'm being impatient but when can we see next years line up? This season is over for me and i want to know what ill be riding next year!!
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

^^^ Second That, any word on the pre-sale similar to last year.

From thier website:

"There are a few things in the line we want to change, along with bringing back a ski – the JBS — we made when we were back in Tacoma, though it will be renamed the Vicik in honor of our late friend Wil who passed away last October.

"Currently, Rowen and I am finally going to go back to a more “reasonable” schedule: 9-9. Hopefully we will be done living here within a few more days. We aren’t going to stop building for a few more weeks, though. We have enough materials to build a good number of skis and, as much of the material won’t be useable after this season, have no reason not to keep building. The details of what we will have in stock/when it will be in available/pricing/etc. should be up soon, along with more details about our presale for our 2010/2011 skis."

Bump and a big thank you to Iggy and the ON3P crew.

Small (less than tiny) warranty issue handled with extreme generosity.

Friends and myself bought several pair at the presale, all of the skis were built and packed impeccably (like the individual wrapping Iggy!).

If you're on the fence when the presale comes, don't be. You'll be stoked when Iggy sends you a shipping notice, often at 3am .
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Hey Iggy if you need some website stoke I can send you photos from California of the Wrenegades kicking ass on May 2. Just PM me. Ottime was loving them.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell