Info BC's mountain lodges

I finally convinced my girlfriend to come back country ski with me and she enjoyed it. So I'm planing my annual trip to the Rockies, but this time we are taking our touring set up with us. We are looking for a lodge/hotel high in the alpine , interior Bc, not too expensive, but with all amenities (like Purcell mountain lodge but not so expensive). Anybody can Help??

http://www.goldenalpineholidays.com

Check these guys. They have four different lodges with varying levels/prices.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post

Have you been in any of these? They all look great, the only thing is the shared bathroom.. you know how women are....

Not interested in the more rustic accommodations eh.

Seriously if you are looking for an alpine lodge that is about as good as you are gonna get without hitting the heli operations.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

I stayed here for a few nights about ten years ago. Nice people and great food. The wife enjoyed it (which says a lot!). The Kapristo Lodge, Golden BC: http://www.kapristolodge.com/home.html
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Lake O'Hara great too if in the budget. http://www.lakeohara.com/lodge.php

$$$=toilet

you get what you pay for
    prohibition is the opposite of liberty
    "...the ski patrol brought our poles down to us, & were buyin' us beers. If we did that in the states they'd take our gear & put us in jail.
    It's so much nicer to be in the real land of the free." Shane McConkey

may you bask in the cacophony of onehanded applause
    like the sound of crystal falling gently to the trees

Not me but a friend has been going for years. He is more about the skiing then the facilities, but he has mentioned that the food is awesome, and that the guides are very good about grouping people with similiar desires together so that you don't get stuck in the maximum vertical group if you just want to do a few runs, nor the other way around. As for shared Bathrooms, you are going to have to go pretty high end to avoid that, pretty much everywhere including the Cat skiing operations are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post

this has been helpful for me. thanks!!

Check out SOL mountain touring. It's in the Monashee range just south of Revelstoke. They get good snow and plenty of it. Lots of options, guided, catered, unguided uncatered.... I skied ther when they were just starting out, they've got terrain for pretty much any level of ability. If you go Aaron & Dave I said hi.

http://www.solmountain.com/winter/home.html
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    I finally convinced my girlfriend to come back country ski with me and she enjoyed it. So I'm planing my annual trip to the Rockies, but this time we are taking our touring set up with us. We are looking for a lodge/hotel high in the alpine , interior Bc, not too expensive, but with all amenities (like Purcell mountain lodge but not so expensive). Anybody can Help??
    Try contacting Golden Alpine Holidays in British Columbia. 4 New back country lodges in one mountain range. The powder is deep and dependable. Tbe prices are extremely competitive and priced lower that any other operator in BC.

www.gah.ca

No shared bathrooms at Golden Alpine Holidays. Each lodge has two outhouses and a private indoor toilet. Sentry Lodge has two private bathrooms with odorless composting toilets and running water. It has two showers both private.

I think your missing the idea of shared. I would think that gf wouldn't think too highly of running out to outhouse which is shared by everyone in lodge. I don't think he means shared as in a two holer where two people can take a dump at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Have you been in any of these? They all look great, the only thing is the shared bathroom.. you know how women are....
    Sentry Lodge is the one for people who value privacy.
    Another way to go is rent the entire lodge to yourself providing you have at least one individual with experience in the back country. Then you'd get two toilets to yourself.

www.skihikebc.com

or baldface - they're both out of nelson, bc.