• Natedogg

9 15.00%
  • Pointedem

5 8.33%
  • LaZapatilla

15 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MPC voting thread, summer.

Great shots! I can make no real justification for my choices, I just skim through the through the thread and quickly pick the ones that jump out at me. It's easier for me than agonizing over them all.
    Dipstik-Feet

Cmor- Van

Eirikainersharp- Sufer dude

Natedogg- Kite dude

Pointedem- Summer night.

6. LaZapatilla- Kid on beach.

1 vote for BigKuba

The excuse you give for the choices you made is pathetic. Insulting really. Show some respect for your interweb friends. If you can't be bothered to think about this maybe you should just piss off and leave it to someone that can?

Truth, I was kinda thinking the same thing while looking at the selections. There's a lot of great images this round, and I really didn't see half of these shots making the final cut. Yes, the rule state it's all Shepard's choice, but there were a lot of great shots. To pick quickly is a bit of an insult.

And if we're voting outside of the selection, 1 vote for Amyzilla's second fireworks shot. Honorable mention to Wes' first shot and BigKuba.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    1 vote for BigKuba

The excuse you give for the choices you made is pathetic. Insulting really. Show some respect for your interweb friends. If you can't be bothered to think about this maybe you should just piss off and leave it to someone that can?
    No I just pick out shots that I think look cool and hit me in the gut saying that's awesome. I enjoy taking and looking at photos that jump out at me. I don't like photos just because they're perfectly exposed, sharp and obey the "rule of thirds".
    If it concerns you that much make a supplementary voting that reflects your preferences.

Outside of the selection I'd vote for willbert. Inside of the selection, my vote's been made. Lots of great shots in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Lots of great shots in that thread.
    Yeah, and I didn't see 1/2 of these (I like all of them BTW). Maybe I'm just a retard or got spooked and closed the thread when I saw boobs at work.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    1 vote for BigKuba

Show some respect for your interweb friends. If you can't be bothered to think about this maybe you should just piss off and leave it to someone that can?
    Love it! You taking about respecting your interweb friends!
    Anyway the thread and selections took me probably 45 minutes to make. Looking through the thread I'm happy with my choices. My justification for picking those? I thought they looked cooler than the other submissions. BigKuba's shot is great, hell they all were I just thought the ones I picked looked a little cooler.

Voted.

Nice work

Cmor - that's a killer shot. Care to explain how you lit it?

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
    Cmor - that's a killer shot. Care to explain how you lit it?
    One flash lower left, one inside the van pointing rearward. If I did it again I'd knock down the lower left fill a bit and try to bring in some sort of more light on me.

Natedogg that makes me angry inside, I kitesurfed for the first time the last 2 days and only the last hour of today (6th hour of doing it) was I able to ride around wherever i wanted. It's a brutal as fuck learning curve but a damn fun sport. There were times today where i wanted to eject my kite and drown myself to end the brutality but it picked up once I got up and riding
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

had to vote for laZap. That shot is a beaut.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Outside of the selection I'd vote for willbert. Inside of the selection, my vote's been made. Lots of great shots in that thread.
    I'm disappointed my shot didn't make it too, likely you, me and my mom would've been the only ones voting for it though

However, I at least won't get all butt hurt over it. It's a just for fun photo contest on TGR and isn't meant to be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    However, I at least won't get all butt hurt over it. It's a just for fun photo contest on TGR and isn't meant to be taken seriously.
    I've been crying myself to sleep the last 2 nights since the results came in.......

In other news - 10 of you clowns voted for the feet already. Can one or more of you explain what you see in that shot? I get that it's unique, but for me it holds my attention for about a millisecond before I understand everything that's going on and get bored (no offense dip, just doesn't do it for me and I'm trying to learn why it does it for others [the feet thread has 9 people saying yay or nay but no one really saying why {except that they have varying degrees of foot fetishes}])
    Hail Ullr

Quote Originally Posted by gholman12 View Post
    I've been crying myself to sleep the last 2 nights since the results came in.......

In other news - 10 of you clowns voted for the feet already. Can one or more of you explain what you see in that shot? I get that it's unique, but for me it holds my attention for about a millisecond before I understand everything that's going on and get bored (no offense dip, just doesn't do it for me and I'm trying to learn why it does it for others [the feet thread has 9 people saying yay or nay but no one really saying why {except that they have varying degrees of foot fetishes}])
    Reserving space until voting closes.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by gholman12 View Post
    Can one or more of you explain what you see in that shot? I get that it's unique, but for me it holds my attention for about a millisecond before I understand everything that's going on and get bored (no offense dip, just doesn't do it for me and I'm trying to learn why it does it for others [the feet thread has 9 people saying yay or nay but no one really saying why {except that they have varying degrees of foot fetishes}])
    I kinda agree with this. I mean, art is subjectve, but I just can't get down with the framing on this pic. Too lopsided for me. I dunno, it's just not my fave.

Wow, most drama a photo contest thread has seen, or should see. I like the van shot, its a beautiful picture that just screams summer at me.

So is it over? Zapatilla won and now posts a new MPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    So is it over? Zapatilla won and now posts a new MPC?
    Looks like it's open for one more day.

Yep, sorry it's over tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong View Post
    Yep, sorry it's over tomorrow.
    And not a moment too soon. I need some motivation....

A lot of nice shots submitted, but not all evoked a "summerish" quality.

Wong selected well.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Natedogg that makes me angry inside, I kitesurfed for the first time the last 2 days and only the last hour of today (6th hour of doing it) was I able to ride around wherever i wanted. It's a brutal as fuck learning curve but a damn fun sport. There were times today where i wanted to eject my kite and drown myself to end the brutality but it picked up once I got up and riding
    Yeah man, I hear ya. I've never kitesurfed before, but I've watched the guy in the photo do it for about five years now and he is just finally getting good. It took him a loooooooong time, and even has had me (and his father, and anyone else he can rope in) out in the water standing around holding his f*$%ing kite while he figures out how to launch. I'm sure it's frustrating, cuz I was sure as shit frustrated! Haha.

Agree with Gholman, too. Good idea, but doesn't hit me as a killer photo.

Thanks for the votes--whomever voted for me.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    And if we're voting outside of the selection, 1 vote for Amyzilla's second fireworks shot. Honorable mention to Wes' first shot and BigKuba.
    Thanks! Lots of great photos in here - I can't complain that I didn't make the cut. Maybe next time.

Ok, it's over. Get on it Zap, I have a new toy to play with and I want to get going!