Nylon Mesh Cast Net

I want a 1/4" cast net. The baits are getting small and I'm gilling 1 for every 2 I catch in my 3/8" net.

Only one I've found so far is a nylon mesh, not mono. Anyone used these? I've heard nylong landing nets can be rough on the fish (removing slime, etc.).

In my experience small baits are fragile so I want to be as gentle as possible before I stick a hook in one .

Anyone used nylon cast nets?

J-

they make some mono 1/4" mono nets
    http://www.castnets.com/products.php

Thanks for the reply, Pelchman.

Let me clarify: the only thing I can find locally is a mesh net. Though I haven't looked that hard. I may just pick up the nylon if it's OK, or I'll keep searching locally for a mono net if they hurt bait.

Woop!

Call these guys. I am sure someone nearby carries them.
    I own a 6 footer of theirs. It's ok. Everyone I know that goes for the finer mesh buys Calusa. That must say something.

http://www.calusa.com/
    edit- I almost forgot- always go handmade- they are balanced right. The tight mesh will make it sink slower, so it needs to be heavier. Nothing worse than seeing the bait, and missing it because the net sinks too slow. Also, buy a big one (12 foot) and learn to throw it well. You will always be welcome on any fishing trip- the guy that can catch bait is worth his weight in gold.

edit 2- only avail in 10 ft at 1/4".
    Last edited by warthog; 07-15-2009 at 02:23 PM.