Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altagirl View Post
    Sure there are annoyances living in Utah.
    well, looks like that count just went down by 1.

buh-bye.

I can see why it sucked for you, sounds like you never made an attempt to hangout with the Utarded contingent of cool ass maggots. Funny, cuz we seem to have a blast skiing/riding/biking all year long and get completely hammered hanging out and stumbling just a few blocks home from each other's houses on a regular basis. At a certain point, you just don't care about the bar scene anymore. It's called growing up. wait for it..

on second thought, maybe it's just fine we never met you.

utah's not for everyone, but it is what you make of it, like AG says.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

This thread makes me laugh.

I agree Utah sucks go to CA, CO, WY, anywhere but here. (oops)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    even in a high snow year you are still hitting rocks. This is in comparison to CA where everything is open and covered after the first dump and you can lap up runs all day long nonstop right off the lift.
    This made me laugh
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else" Jamie Pierre

That's cool you don't like Utah. But, to be fair, I tihnk you have a negative attitude. I also think you are probably under 25. Utah's not perfect, but if you lived around you'll realize it's a good combo of low key living, easy acccess to mountains and skiing, infuckingcredible skiing, good people, easy access to airport, some city things and the rest of the west, and a large weird church to constantly make the butt of your jokes.

If I'd moved here at 23 I'd probably not have liked it. But in my 30's I think it's fucking awesome.

The only point I agreed with in your post is that we don't have enough water. I wish we had one big undisturbed river in the mountains somewhere. But nothing's perfect.

(And I also have to note the incongruence between complaing that it's brown and complaining that it is too cloudy and snowy. Pick one)

Quote Originally Posted by skiski View Post
    (And I also have to note the incongruence between complaing that it's brown and complaining that it is too cloudy and snowy. Pick one)
    Is Utah not brown and ugly? Is Utah not also cloudy and snowy? How are you incapable of reconciling the two? It is fact. I dunno, maybe it's the fucking crappy soil but the place is in fact brown and ugly and does also get a lot of snow (well 2 canyons do). And I never complained about the place getting too much snow, nor did I ever mention nightclubs or bar hopping which for some strange reason people think I mentioned. A lot of you here seem to think "who cares this place sucks, it has awesome skiing!". I'd rather live where there is both awesome skiing and an awesome community and an awesome environment and an awesome quality of life. I guess Utards just like selling themselves short. Utah is for tourists, not for living.

This is the worst pain EVER!

I quit reading when you got to the whole shitty weather part. Have fun with your sierra cement and thanks for bailing on the good shit. Seriously, if it's snowing I'm not bitching about the weather.

And for the record, I only spent one season in Tahoe many moons ago, but I remember winds at squaw that put the rockies to shame. Anyway, pussy.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

There are two kinds of people I don't ride with. People who don't burn, and people who bitch about the weather, which are usually the same people bitching about the hike.

"a yin without a yang"

^^^ Geez you Utards sure are sensitive. It seems like you all know what I say is true.

You sound more suited to the lodge than the mountain. Tell iceman hello for me.

"a yin without a yang"

Is Utah not brown and ugly? Is Utah not also cloudy and snowy? How are you incapable of reconciling the two? It is fact. I dunno, maybe it's the fucking crappy soil but the place is in fact brown and ugly and does also get a lot of snow (well 2 canyons do). And I never complained about the place getting too much snow, nor did I ever mention nightclubs or bar hopping which for some strange reason people think I mentioned. A lot of you here seem to think "who cares this place sucks, it has awesome skiing!". I'd rather live where there is both awesome skiing and an awesome community and an awesome environment and an awesome quality of life. I guess Utards just like selling themselves short. Utah is for tourists, not for living.
    When it was rainy and cloudy, until about to weeks ago, it was green. It's getting brown now. But it's also not rainy or cloudy now. I guess the valley's brown in the winter. But, unless you have evergreens, or coastal fog that's how it goes anywhere (parts of coastal california are green in the fall and maybe into the winter, but those places are also brown in the summer).

In some ways, I hope california is all you've made it out to be in your head. But then again, I don't care.

btw, Utah is a desert dumbass. What did you expect? Try paying attention in geography class next time retart.

"a yin without a yang"

So you are saying that there is a good reason why the place is so fucking ugly? Gee and I thought it was just one big mystery. Thanks for solving it.

(Btw, I happen to think NM, AZ, SoCal, and the Vegas area are all beautiful so your whole "my city is so fucking ugly because it is a desert" doesn't hold up.)

New Mexico is a shit hole.

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by skiski View Post
    When it was rainy and cloudy, until about to weeks ago, it was green. It's getting brown now. But it's also not rainy or cloudy now.
    That period of green-ness was highly unusual. SLC's normal June rainfall is 2 inches. We got that in the first 2 days of June, and it never let up until July. Even with all that immense rain (and depressing overcast) things were still only just barely green for a few fleeting weeks.... Btw, the Sierras get no rain from May to Oct and that place is green and full of life and water all summer.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide View Post
    Funny, cuz we seem to have a blast skiing/riding/biking all year long and get completely hammered hanging out and stumbling just a few blocks home from each other's houses on a regular basis. At a certain point, you just don't care about the bar scene anymore. It's called growing up. wait for it..
    cough cough, phone call to the west side a little more often por favor.......

I grow up in 4 days. Till then.......

Btw, the Sierras get no rain from May to Oct and that place is green and full of life and water all summer.

No rain...none what so ever?

I lived in Mammoth for 3 years. Yes that is correct, no rain. Maybe the Western Sierra is different but precip stops about May-ish in the Eastern Sierra and if some does sneak in it usual falls as freak snow.

I lived in Mammoth for 3 years. Yes that is correct, no rain. Maybe the Western Sierra is different but precip stops about May-ish in the Eastern Sierra and if some does sneak in it usual falls as freak snow.
    You're a spoiled little prick. Vegas ? beautiful ? and you're obviously blind too.

Anyway, I'd much rather live in reno, or truckee than the lake. Too many transplants on the lake who bitch about the weather.

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    You're a spoiled little prick. Vegas ? beautiful ? and you're obviously blind too.
    Dude you do realize Vegas is pretty much the end tip of the Grand Canyon. Vegas area is right where the Hoover Damn is, Lake Mead, beautiful canyons and cliffs, and the starting of the Grand Canyon. You're a moron if you think the Vegas area is not beautiful. From Red Rocks to Hoover to Lake Mead to Grand Canyon to the beautiful desert rock mountains surrounding Vegas it is one of the most beautiful areas.
    Last edited by BigBollocks; 07-14-2009 at 05:19 PM.

To each his own--

This?

Or this? (Not LCC or BCC)

Bollocks I doubt people would have jumped all over you if not for the way you ranted. You sounded like a little immature frat boy who cares more about partying than riding. Utah has better snow and more vert than Cali for the most part. Period. There are so many resorts within an hour drive of the airport too and it's very rare to have to wait in a lift line. And who the hell wants to ride spring conditions year round anyways? Cough park rat cough. As for the city, yeah it's not that attractive but it's a freakin city. All you have to do is drive up one of the canyons for some bomb ass views and hiking during the summer. The night life sucks for sure but riding badass terrain and powder outweighs boozing for me any day. And I'm only 22. Maybe you should try this place...

I've never defended LA. And if you think the beauty of Vegas I was reffering to was about the 4 mile Strip then you better read again.... And that pic must not be Utah because the visibility appears to be greater then 2 feet.