Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Shit. this turned from a bag on Utah post to a suck Utah's dick post. Everything the OP said was true. nightlife blows, rocks all over the place, LCC road is always closed, and nothing ever gets open. Best move to CA. but if you must come to UT i here Park City and deer valley is the place to go. plus i hear they wipe the chairlift seats for so you don't have to sit in any snow inbetween runs. also they buckle your boots for you and carry your skis too. strait dope, i wish they would ski for me too

I must retract all of my previous statements. Utah blows. Nothing to see here.

But BigBollocks is still a cockmonger.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    i dont get why people would expect a good nightlife in a city inside a church in a state with no beer. recognize. THATS not why youre there. if you want that shit come to the jersey shore but dont expect snow. like ever.

-and like i said, TELETHOR knows whats up.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

North of South, South of North, West of East
    So bigballsinhismouth is moving back to Cali and trying to discourage others from moving to UT. Sounds like a win-win to me. Am I missing something?
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Glad you will never move to the PNW if you think Utah is too overcast. Like somebody else said, Utah isn't cold at all compared to other places. And by the way, cold and clouds create snow. In California, they get huge storms that dump feet of cement, it's good for like two hours, then turns to mush. Usually the entire winter's snowpack comes from like 3 or 4 big storms. Well some years those storms don't come and they don't have shit for snow. It's constant spring skiing. Guess what? Cold weather keeps the snow good. So when it's not dumping, you can still ski powder out of the gates. And complaining about lack of people? California should solve that for you. Tell the rest of your friends how you feel so they stop invading the rest of the West, bitching about it, and trying their best to turn it into California.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    Utah sucks, I love the sunshine, corn skiing, getting stoned, partying, waking up late, and missing pow days 'cause I was at the bar last night bro!
    Woah brah! I'm like totally with you dude. I get totally bummed out when it snows here for like 5 or 6 days straight. I mean, I moved up here from Fresno bro, and I wish it could be 60 degrees and sunny every day in the mountains dude. I don't ride pow cause its usually below 30 degrees then, so I just wait til the sun comes out brah 'cause its like totally easier to see the rocks that I might hit on my skis that my trust fund paid for bro. Ahh man, and you know what? Northstar totally rocks dude! You don't have to worry about any rocks here brosph. Screw Utah, that place sounds like it totally sucks. What's the deal with snow/water content any way dudes? You mean to tell me snow is made of water? WOOOAAHHH! And that places closer to the ocean get a heavier wetter snow, while places in the desert get a drier snow? DUUUUUDDDDDE, you just like blew my mind man. All this time I thought snow everywhere was the same creamy rich goodness we get here on the north shore brah. I mean knowing about the weather is a total drag man. That's why I like California so much, the weather is always the same, and I can always see where I'm skiing brah. You know what else I love about California? The parties brah!!! I mean skiing is fun and all, but I'm here to party dude. I wanna be on the mountain with 1000s of my friends so they can see how rad I get in the park brah. Plus, when the visibility sucks how am I supposed to talk shit to the gapers bro? Bullocks man, I'm with you bro, Utah totally sucks. California is where its at bro. Hit me up when you get into town next year, we can drink beer and get high on the big storm days while all the stupid east coasters and other non-local kooks get all the fresh tracks. Welcome home bud! You should've never left dude.
    You can keep your storm days brah, give me the sunshine.

every place has its ups and downs. SE Texas is ugly as shit, but some of the nicest people ive ever met are down there. SLC is not a pretty city, but i think we can all agree LA, Bakersfeild, Riverside and Fresno sure in hell arnt either.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I think your problem goes deeper than just the quality of skiing or the people. Sounds like you have yet to allow yourself to enjoy UT. Constantly searching for things that are different or not as good? It's not UT it's you. Everyone does this, not just you. I hated WA when I first moved there years ago. Then I ended up making some great friends and having an amazing time and finding out that it was one of the best places on earth. It's all about your state of mind. You have to allow yourself to enjoy it and it doesn't sound like you have done that yet.
    well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jongalot View Post
    Wait, help me out here, who is the butt hurt one?

Bollocks or the Utards?
    no joke, if utah was so great youd think theyd just chuckle to themselves and stay quiet. but this same harsh reaction over and over by Ut people makes it aparent that they may have a chip on zee shoulder.

AK has terrible vis, no light or flat light the entire season until midmarch and its cold. Nothing better oh yea we have a 2 lane road to the resort too it doesnt get closed for snow unless that snow is an avy.
    maybe you should quit skiing and take up surfing its warm and sunny.

I didn't like utah that much either when I was living there last year. Im not sure exactly why though, it just felt a bit off from where I wanted to be living. I barely did much in the city really since i lived at the U and skied in my spare time. That said I also had the time of my life. I skied and biked as much as I could with school and met so many great people.

And Utah is not that cloudy really, I came from seattle where we get lots of clouds and ski in them. Personally I like it cause I'm used to it, and it keeps people away. Storm days are where its at really. And so what if there are rocks? Its not like the rocks are what make up the mountain. Sure there were a lot of them and they were barely covered for most of the season, but thats just a sacrifice you agree to make when you ski in most places. My friend from big sky said he loved how few rocks he tagged all season.

If you want to enjoy your spring skiing, get some buddies to go with you. Take a couple beers up with you or whatever, relax and have fun. Thats what its about. And If you are with your friends it shouldn't matter too much what others think. Who cares? you are the one skiing. We had fun every day we were up there. Even a day where we couldn't get our shit together and ended up skiing only 3 runs as fast as we could. Got back to the car with shit eating grins, happy that we had gotten to ski.

Utah does suck, I agree with you 100%. I hear the East is where it's at.

Before the winter starts, you'll be posting a sweet bitch blog about how expensive it is to live in Tahoe and to own a car in CA. You'll bitch about the Squallywood attitude, you'll bitch about the weather, and you'll bitch about crowds.

When the season begins, you'll keep bitching about the snow, crowds, terrain, and how the resorts are managed on top of your cost of living bitching, which will all be overshadowed by your constant bitching about not ever getting laid.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out you whiny bitch. I don't think you'll be happy anywhere.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    Utah does suck, I agree with you 100%. I hear the East is where it's at.
    dude what are you doing?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

At least we can all agree that there's no reason what so ever for anyone to move to Colorado, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by thekendog View Post
    I've been reading this site for some time and have never made a profile to write on these forums, but you're bitching and whining about Utah persuaded me to create one just so I can call you an idiot. I'm from NORTH CAROLINA. You complain about cloudy days with low visibility. Try boarding on a sheet of ice with single digit temperatures, high humidity, and fuckin snowblowers pounding your face so hard with "snow" that your goggles completely ice over. I've been to Utah the past two seasons to visit a friend in SLC and have been up both LCC and BCC. That place is heaven man. Sure, the nightlife in SLC sucks but I would choose riding THE GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH over gettin shitty drunk at a bar any day. You're living in a fantasy world if you think you're ever gonna find a mountain with no rock exposure, consistent bluebird days after dumps, and steep ass terrain that is always open even after monster storms. Wahhhhh, a rock. Just jump off it. Wahhhh, its cloudy. Deal with it. Wahhhhh, that double black is closed because the ski patrol actually gives a shit about my safety and doesn't want me to die in one of the numerous slides created by the DRIEST, FLUFFIEST POWDER around. Go find another run on the other 2500+ acres of terrain at the Bird. I don't know if you're a decent rider or not, but it sounds like riding powder is not your first priority. So next time you wanna bitch about how "terrible" Utah is, remember theKENDOG sliding down a sheet of ice for about a minute long run in North Carolina while he watches rednecks wearing camouflage pants and snowblades tumble down the "mountain."
    GREATEST. FIRST. POST. PWNAGE. EVAR.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Welcome to CA.....we need your tax money.

I’ve lived on the East Coast, Minnesota, South Dakota, and now Utah. The winters in Utah are the mildest by far so it’s always funny, in a private joke sort of way, when people complain about the ‘brutal’ Utah winters. Personally, I think Utah receives too much sunshine especially during the summer and I can’t wait for the storm cycles to do their worst.

Even so, thanks for posting because I’ve never understood why people stay at home during storm cycles instead of on the mountain. The best lift served days are the ones where your tracks are covered before the next lap. Every other day belongs to Dynafit, yo.

Still, everything you’ve written seems reasonably accurate so I guess it’s all a matter of perspective and anyone thinking about moving to Utah can consider themselves warned.

First, although the snow is awesome in UT, the weather SUCKS.
    This is the funniest shit I have read on here in quite sometime. Better tighten your pussy gaiter.

Big Balls,welcome back to Mammoth........

When did I ask where is a good place to ski? I know where there are good places to ski thank you very much. And as everyone knows CO is not one of them.... Don't be pissed off at me because your state sucks.
    Yes, everyone knows Colorado is an awful place to ski, now please leave us out of this abortion of a thread please.

I cant believe you moved to utah in the first place. I could have wrote your blog and i've never even been there. I hear the skiiing is great, but who the hell would want to LIVE in utah? Ya you are going to have more fun at tahoe. Hookers, 24 hour drinking and legalized gambling. Dont you have to get some kind of license in utah to drink? I can understand the utah locals dont like the utah bashing. But whatever, the OP is going to have alot more fun in california. thats a no-brainer. Unless we dont get any snow, LOL.

the OP is going to have alot more fun in california
    Skiing powder is the most fun thing I can think of.

Sure there are annoyances living in Utah. And if you've got a bad attitude, you can hate living anywhere.

I remember living in Germany (whch I freaking LOVED) and listening to other Americans complain nonstop about how much they hated it. Counting the days until they could get back home to McDonalds and WalMart, because all that "weird" stuff sucks. I shit you not. But some people aren't interested in anything different than what they are used to and would rather be pissy about what's "wrong" instead of finding new things and people that they like where they are at and enjoying the hell out of the experience while it's happening.

I'm all for traveling and living in different places, and there's nothing wrong with liking some places more than others. But if you're just going to look at the negatives, I don't see how you're going to be happy anywhere.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    I hear the skiiing is great, but who the hell would want to LIVE in utah?
    Yep, aside from the canyons and redrock country it's pretty much a trash heap. If I weren't stuck in a marriage here I'd be gone in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    Dont you have to get some kind of license in utah to drink?
    Yeah, and it's a bitch to get too. You have to establish residency for a period of time before you can even apply. You can make bootleg runs to WY or NV, but I get more nervous than a drug mule every time I have to show them my Utah ID so I don't work up the nerve too often. Ain't easy to get coffee either, I've pretty much totally switched to Mountain Dew.

I had to just go apologize to my boss for wasting time reading this and now have to stay after school to make up my time.

i think this means we just freed up a parking spot. time to party! Sounds like you just had crappy friends and a not so good attitude to begin with. have you ever been to the peruvian? Lots of drunk fun going on there. i mean, who checks the news to get the vibe on a city? Anyway, go to california and I hope others follow you - utah's for nearsighted posers.