Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Living on credit that you are unable/unwilling/never plan to payback is pretty much stealing.
    yeah, but that's pretty irrelevant here. having 40% (or more) of your investments wiped out and losing your job makes it hard to pay for a home that is now worth much less than what you paid for it. being unable to pay does not make you a thief, it means you have breached a contract and are subject to the remedies for the breach of said contract.

tronacate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    yeah, but that's pretty irrelevant here. having 40% (or more) of your investments wiped out and losing your job makes it hard to pay for a home that is now worth much less than what you paid for it. being unable to pay does not make you a thief, it means you have breached a contract and are subject to the remedies for the breach of said contract.
    True.
    I get steamed when people blame the people who fueled the economy instead of the greedy paper shufflers at AIG,MER, and the Stanley Oneal's hank paulson's etc who robbed us blind.

Should have dropped a trillion out of planes direct to us instead of running the money through the hands of the financial mafia.

If you cracks think 450K for a house is a lot of money then you're just dumb.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    If you cracks think 450K for a house is a lot of money then you're just dumb.

That would buy more than I would ever need .

I did a search to pretend. I cant live in a house that big.

I see 3000 sq ft main 2000 sq ft guest 2 plus acres and shop for 435 k in McCall. So that means you offer 300 k.
    http://mtcentral.fnismls.com/idx/idx...-58cd5f557da9&
    Last edited by John Smoke; 06-23-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Every time I read those lists, accompanied by pictures of trim, young Patagucci clad and latte swilling outdoorsy types lounging in outdoor cafes by their Jeeps or Subarus, I wonder, WTF do they do for a living?
    the irony in that statement for me, is that I have several (web/IT) friends who live/have lived in Bend, all easily making six figures or more, and one works for the NYtimes (note he didn't write that article) -another works for Microsoft and commutes every other week, and i can picture any of them in that above description, except you may swap the latte for a beer from time to time.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

My house is worth more than $450K.....what is the problem?
    Do you "broke-ass grovelers" need someone to pick on for spending money?
    try me!!! Just because some people make money and still get more powder days than you don't be a hater.
    CHUMPS!
    JEALOUS!!!!!
    5 million in a Real Estate portfolio is not "out of line" IDIOTS
    get a job that pays more
    Last edited by yonskion; 06-24-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by yonskion View Post
    My house is worth more than $450K.....what is the problem?
    It's only a problem if you can't pay for it... Apparently you can. Are they still hiring for Professional Dickhead? Looks to pay pretty well. Although, I admit, you're probably better than average...

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    It's sad to see anyone lose their house, but I don't feel as bad for someone that loses a $475,000 house.
    That can be a big house or a small house depending where you are. In rural Missouri, that's a 6 bedroom mansion on a dozen acres.

Here it is a 3 bed 2 bath 1500sqft built in the 70s that maybe has a 1 car garage on a tenth of an acre in not the best location.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    It's only a problem if you can't pay for it... Apparently you can. Are they still hiring for Professional Dickhead? Looks to pay pretty well. Although, I admit, you're probably better than average...
    THE BEST
    now jmf why don't you go try get some money for yourself "small dick"

Many boutique towns are in serious trouble. Bend's investors made some mistakes selling exclusivity. I review income hard working people and property values everyday...Bend is a fucking Blood Bath
    I feel bad for some my clients and others are the reason we are in so much trouble around here. I'm just keeping My head down and out of the fray. I and my Family have made some mistakes in speculation, but Real Estate is a cycle and if your town has value to offer then things will work out. Finding quality employment in Bend is near impossible. People are losing homes that have an education and skills viable to employers, but this recession is bigger than some can overcome and it's not anywhere near over.
    For those of you struggling I wish you the best
    congrats to TAP on scoring a great job around here
    Last edited by yonskion; 06-24-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by yonskion View Post
    THE BEST
    now jmf why don't you go try get some money for yourself "small dick"
    ?

I own my home. And my truck. And my jeep.

Combined value: <<<<<<$450K