Front Range CO job market?

I'm location shopping at the moment, and anywhere on the Front Range is one of the contenders (the other two main ones are Provo/SLC/Orem, and Seattle area). I've been hearing that pay is low and good jobs are hard to come by, particularly in Boulder, Fort Collins, etc. In fact, people seem to say that about CO in general, which I find hard to believe?

Is this true? I'm in IT (software development) and was under the impression that there's a decent number of tech employers on the Front Range.

Check out 3tsystems.com
    Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

First off I'd like to say "Welcome to Colorado".

Our unemployment rate is at 3% or so and the field in which you are looking currently, the jobs are paying anywhere from 600 K to 2.4 M a year. Throwing a dead cat is harder than finding a job that pays the listed above.

So come on out the jobs plentiful and the cost of living is low. Find a house in the best neighborhoods for under 175K and have a job that pays 2.4 million dollars a year. (Average maggot wage)

We are all rich dont you know ?

Colorado the answer to all your questions. Last year Winter Park got 500 inches of snow and had only max 1k skiers per day. I had the place all to myself , all the time. I've never seen anyone else , ever.

Colorado ,no traffic,no cost of living, 6 to 7 digit salaries,400 inches of snow, no skiers ever ,underground, fucking so rich, so fucking beautiful, we fucking rule all the time so c'mon out.

If you are like me . Rich ,beautiful and a ripping fucking skier.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoFuknRulz View Post
    If you are like me . Rich ,beautiful and a ripping fucking skier.
    and a fckn douche.

I'm not sure about IT, but in general there are not a lot of companies hiring in Denver/Boulder/FtC. I don't think its as bad as other metro areas, but I still wouldn't call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm not sure about IT, but in general there are not a lot of companies hiring in Denver/Boulder/FtC. I don't think its as bad as other metro areas, but I still wouldn't call it good.
    You mean right now, or typically? I imagine Denver has a reasonably diverse industry base, so shouldn't be overly vulnrable to downturns?

I wish there was a good way to compare the white collar professional job market between places (i.e median pay, and unemployment levels in different professions, in different areas).

It's somewhat diverse, but mostly natural resource based.

DerJ- I mean right now. In general, I think the Denver job market is pretty good compared to other "major" cities since it is so economically diverse... but as in most places, there just aren't a lot of people hiring these days.

1. Get a job working somewhere shitty.
    2. Stop showing up to work and work from home.
    3. Tell your boss you have not been in the office in 6 months so you could do the job from anywhere.
    4. Move where you want and profit, take computer to ski area and take a few half hour breaks to ski.