Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    happened to my buddy with bikeman. He called about it, they said either send it back or take $100 or so off. He took the money and used touch up paint on the scratch.
    This is the angle I would work.
    See about some dough in your pocket back as yes, you did pay for a NEW bike. I am like that too and would have called as soon as I unpacked it.

Then don't spend money on touch up paint or a sticker as you will need to go ride the piss out of it and on the second ride probably go over the bars and scratch it all up anyway. (oh, wait, that was me )

Did you pay for shipping? Get that back maybe?
    Your gripe is valid IMVHO, but in reality and by the end of this month you will have more dingers.

Sorry, another 2 cents. Up to a dollar yet?

Wow. This thread has legs. Thanks everyone for the input.

I'm glad to hear that most are of the opinion the damage is cosmetic. I do agree that, if I ride that bike like it deserves to be ridden, it'll see worse damage than that. I came to an agreement with retailer for a small credit. As some have speculated it was JensonUSA -- overall, I'd say I was treated fairly and they were prompt in getting back to me.

As a side note, damn, that thing looks sexy sitting in my living room right now. Can't wait to ride...
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Jenson is widely known as a reputable online realtor, glad to hear you were treated fairly.