Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thumbs up

Campsite
    ---------------------
    Big Blue (plus three non-mag friends)
    Shepherd Wong (Plus 3 super models-not camping or riding)
    beaterdit (+2 now)
    Wandrin* (Plus 1)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+ 1)
    Tromano + 1
    Total = 18

Shuttle
    --------------------
    Big Blue (plus three non-mag friends)
    Shepherd Wong
    beaterdit (+2 now)
    Wandrin* (Plus 1)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+1)
    Tromano
    [Kellie?]
    Total = 18?

Heading down friday evening, leaving SLC around 5, Lisa has to work. So we wont arrive until 8 or 9. I can also take two more peeps with bikes. I'll be returning to SLC sunday evening.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post

Heading down friday evening, leaving SLC around 5, Lisa has to work. So we wont arrive until 8 or 9. I can also take two more peeps with bikes. I'll be returning to SLC sunday evening.
    Care if I tag along and split gas?

Girlfriend and I will be down Friday morning sometime. Waiting to hear back from some other folks but would be tenative on a shuttle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

We'll be getting there evening/night time. Are we still doing the enchilada pot luck afterwards? How many people do we need bringing what? I don't have any great enchilada recipes, so I would rather bring beer or something else for food. We have a small grill we'll be bringing if plans change and we want to do burgers/brats instead.

Never ridden TWE before. How long is the ride and is a 3 litre camel back enough water?

My wife is looking for someone to do a nice gentle cruise Saturday like Bar-M area or Klondike bluffs.

^^^ I'll be bringing the full 100 oz bladder plus a couple small gatorade bottles (full sugar variety from the gas station). I run out of water on a warm day from the top of hazard so I want to be prepared. The weather looks cool (NOAA is saying 70 for Friday in Moab, but don't know about Saturday yet) so that will help.

Campsite
    ---------------------
    Big Blue (+1 now)
    beaterdit (+2 now)
    Wandrin* (Plus 1)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+ 1)
    Tromano + 1
    Total = 16

Shuttle
    --------------------
    Big Blue (+1 now)
    Shepherd Wong
    beaterdit (+2 now)
    Wandrin* (Plus 1)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+1)
    Tromano
    [Kellie?]
    Total = 16?

Ok, shuttle is scheduled for 7:50am on Saturday. I know that's really early, but I wanted to have plenty of time and the shuttle up takes about an hour. The shuttle will officially hold 14 people, but they're going to throw a rack on the back to hold a couple extra bikes, so if people don't mind squishing we can do 16 or maybe even 17 in the shuttle. Any more than that and someone's going to have to drive.
    As far as the potluck goes, if a few people want to bring stuff besides enchiladas, that's cool, but it would be cool to have as many different varieties as possible.

Don't know the time but we'll be on an Acme shuttle sometime Satuday. I'll be on a silver Enduro so say hi if you see me.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I am very sad to say that I am going to have to cancel. The wife broke her ankle on Sunday and is scheduled for surgery Wed. Since I want my relationship to continue I will be home this weekend. Big Blue, I will pay for the campsite, PM me a paypal account or address for a check. Maybe this will make the shuttle more comfortable.

I will see if the +1 I was bringing wants to ride from SLC with somebody else, but for now I will erase us both.

Campsite
    ---------------------
    Big Blue (+1 now)
    beaterdit (+2 now)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+ 1)
    Tromano + 1
    Total = 14

Shuttle
    --------------------
    Big Blue (+1 now)
    Shepherd Wong
    beaterdit (+2 now)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+1)
    Tromano
    [Kellie?]
    Total = 14?

Ok, shuttle is scheduled for 7:50am on Saturday. I know that's really early, but I wanted to have plenty of time and the shuttle up takes about an hour. The shuttle will officially hold 14 people, but they're going to throw a rack on the back to hold a couple extra bikes, so if people don't mind squishing we can do 16 or maybe even 17 in the shuttle. Any more than that and someone's going to have to drive.
    As far as the potluck goes, if a few people want to bring stuff besides enchiladas, that's cool, but it would be cool to have as many different varieties as possible.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin* View Post
    I am very sad to say that I am going to have to cancel. The wife broke her ankle on Sunday and is scheduled for surgery Wed. Since I want my relationship to continue I will be home this weekend. Big Blue, I will pay for the campsite, PM me a paypal account or address for a check. Maybe this will make the shuttle more comfortable.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope she heals up quick. Your friend is definitely welcome if he still wants to come and finding a ride shouldn't be a problem.

Bigblue, whats the cost for shuttle and campsite? Do you take cash?

I have an awesome enchilada recipie I can make but will need the use of a dutch oven, which I don't have. Is anyone bringing one?

I've been contemplating the enchi cook method as well. I'll probably make them in a disposable baking tray.

Campsite is $10/person for the two nights. Shuttle is $20/person. I'll take cash for the campsite, and I haven't paid for the shuttle yet so we'll have to pay cash day of.

As far as cooking enchiladas goes, my plan was to cook 'em up is slc and then reheat down there. If you want to cook onsite that is awesome, but unfortunately I don't have a dutch oven to help you out.

Campsite
    ---------------------
    Big Blue (+1 now)
    beaterdit (+ 2-3 now)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+ 1)
    Tromano + 1
    Total = 15?

Shuttle
    --------------------
    Big Blue (+1 now)
    Shepherd Wong
    beaterdit (+ 2-3 now)
    Daywalker
    MTM
    JTrue
    LaBelle (+1)
    Tromano
    [Kellie?]
    Total = 15?
    We may have Johngchrist+Dad too for a total of 17, hopefully he'll chime in to confirm.

Zach, any chance of getting a second driver to bring an extra vehicle back to town if necessary? We could toss that person some cash to do it. My truck can carry 5 peeps with seat belts and at least 8 bikes. The driver would have to be someone trustworthy of course, like from our own group, or officially affiliated with the shop.

I think pre-cooking is prolly key, and then reheat with a double-boiler system on the propane stove. Dutch oven on-site would be sweet but would also take a long time.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 09-29-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

As far as getting someone to shuttle a car back down, I have a couple friends I could ask. Can probably make it happen if necessary.

Looks like our Acme shuttle leaves Negro Bill's at 8 am. Might run into some of you guys on the shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    As far as getting someone to shuttle a car back down, I have a couple friends I could ask. Can probably make it happen if necessary.
    My wife could probably do it as well.

Where is the group spot in the campground? How far in? We'll be getting there after dark most likely.

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/...eservable.html

Also, no water. I believe matrimony spring got capped.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle23 View Post
    Where is the group spot in the campground? How far in? We'll be getting there after dark most likely.

Not sure exactly where the spot is, but it's a fairly small campground. We're in Group A. It looks like I won't be there until 9pm or so, but everything is paid up so there shouldn't be any issues. It says there's parking for ~5 vehicles, so we may need to leave a couple cars at the lion's park parking lot (where the river road turns off the highway). I'm in the process of cooking enchiladas right now. Stoked!

Oh, just to be clear because I think there was a little confusion: We're at the GOOSE ISLAND campsite, which is not the one right at the end of porc. This site is about 1 mile up the river road. Porc is about 1 mile further up the river road from Goose Island.

I am in for shuttle . . . where does it leave from?

^^^
    Shuttle will be leaving from Goose Island campground at 7:50am.

Worst case scenario is we have to drive one car to the trailhead, but we'll see how many we can pack in the shuttle. Don't eat too much for breakfast

Jealous, wish I could join y'all. Have fun and be safe! And take pictures! Hoping to hit it later this month.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

dads bike is 95% built and awaiting a brake adapter from Oregon should arrive today at noon. once bike is done car will be packed and we will be off to moabs, fingers crossed that they sent the right one.
    I don't hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. JOhNGchrist goes killing.