Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Paddy Irish Wiskey

can anyone give me the real story on this hard to find booze?
    I mean, you can get anything in NYC
    I hhave searched here and online to no avail

here is the e-mail I sent to Pernaud US. Pernaud owns Irish Distillers, which make paddy as well as Jameson and Powers (and 11ty billion other brands)

i am trying to find where I can but Paddy irish Wiskey in the New York City area.
    It is listed on your main company wbsite, but nor on the US site.
    I used to buy bottles at duty free when i traveled internationally, but now it cannot be found even there.

please let me know where I can get it and if I cant, why not.

Woodsy, this is the mystery of my life. Well that and Nastro Azzura until they finally started importing that.

BTW...quick rant to all the bars in the US...it's not fucking Peroni. Normal Peroni sucks. I know. You used to carry it and it tastes like piss. Nastro Azurra is a different brew and it's the shit. So don't listen to SAB Miller's marketing department and please call it by it's proper name you numbnuts.

Now, back to Paddy. Woodsy, sadly you can't get it here yet. There's a bar in Reno that carries it, but it's the only place in the US that I've seen it. They have it sort of hidden on a shelf. The owner's Irish, so best I've been able to gather is he brought some back with him. Every now and then I go there just to get my fix. Another place here (Ceol, my favorite Irish bar in the US) has it too, but the damn bottle is empty. I think it just sits there in homage to the fine spirit. Otherwise, I usually "settle" for Middletons. Mmmm...Middletons...
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

^^^^ This is true. I bring back as much as I can when I'm over there. It's the best damn cheap whiskey I've ever drank.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

yeah,
    I se it once in a while @ bars
    in fact the bartender @ my old local would stock some and dole it out to rgulars, I reciprocated with a bottle one year on my way back from buis in Europe, but as i said above, they dont even stock it in Duty free anymore!

was told once it had something to do with their distributer having too much of the market, but since they sold Bush mills and loads of other brands have popped up recently or at least here, that seems a crock ( and not a Tully crock @ that)
    (just check out the "menu" at the pub around the corver from my apt)
    JAMESON VINTAGE
    2 MIDDLETON IRISH
    3 BUSHMILLS 1608
    4 BUSHMILLS 21 15yr
    5 JAMESON 18 YEAR OLD
    6 CONNEMARA 12 YEAR
    7 BUSHMILLS 16
    8 JAMESON GOLD RESERVE
    9 KNAPPOGUE CASTLE 1992
    10 RED BREAST
    11 KNAPPOGUE CASTLE
    12 CONNEMARA SINGLE MALT 80
    13 CONNEMARA SINGLE CASK 115.8
    14 BUSHMILLS 10
    15 JAMESON 1780
    16 CLONTARF SINGLE MALT
    17 TULLAMORE CROCK
    18 BLACK BUSH
    19 MICHAEL COLLINS
    20 TRYCONNELL
    21 CLONTARF RESERVE
    22 CLONTARF CLASSIC
    23 BUSHMILLS
    24 FINIANS IRISH
    25 JAMESON
    26 POWERS
    27 FECKIN SPICED
    28 TULLAMORE DEW
    29 FECKIN IRISH
    30 CLONTARF BLACK
    31 KILBEGGAN IRISH

I drink Tyrconnel or Powers in the bar but would love a bottle of paddy @ home

Middleton, Powers, Paddy, Jameson, Tullamore Dew, red Breast and a few more are all Pernod Brands and are all distilled in the Middleton distillery outside Cork.

Bushmills is a Diageo Brand and is distilled in Antrim (N. Ireland)

The only real Irish distillery left is Cooley's, they make the Connemara, Knappogue, Michael Collins and a few more, it's a small operation though.

There is actually a new distillery, Kilbeggan's, which was in business for a couple hundred years and then went out of it but are now distilling again. A couple of their brands were kept alive under license and produced by Cooley's but in a couple years whiskey from the old Kilbeggan distillery will be available again (they've been producing them for a few years now but they had to age).

I don't know who makes that Feckin stuff but I bet it's one of the big boys, the website and promos are too polished for some litle start-up.
    Last edited by iceman; 05-30-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    27 FECKIN SPICED
    Awesome. I am going to totally get feckin spiced tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The only real Irish distillery left is Cooley's, they make the Connemara, Knappogue, Michael Collins and a few more, it's a small operation though.

I don't know who makes that Feckin stuff but I bet it's one of the big boys, the website and promos are too polished for some litle start-up.
    Tyrconnel is made @ Cooleys its top notch

here ya on the Feckin stuff, never felt the need to try it.

prolly made in jERSY BY INbEV

"Cheap Irish Whiskey"

""In Dublin's fair city
    Where the girls are so pretty
    I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone
    As she wheeled her wheelbarrow
    Through streets wide and narrow..."

One thing I could never stand is to see a filthy, dirty old drunkie, howling away at the filthy songs of his fathers and going blerp, blerp in between as it might be a filthy old orchestra in his stinking rotten guts. I could never stand to see anyone like that, whatever his age might be, but more especially when he was real old like this one was."

Clockwork Orange?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Clockwork Orange?
    keen observation

must run in the jeans

Perhaps, although iceman does not run in jeans.

Unless he is being chased.

iceman is so badass he once drank chuck norris' whiskey and pissed right back in the bottle and watched chuck drink it.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Tyrconnel is made @ Cooleys its top notch
    I've been saying this for years....The Tyrconnell is the best Irish whiskey around.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

love the people drawn to this thread!

dear lord what I wouldnt give for a cold snowy night, good music,
    a bottle each of Paddy, tyrconnel and midletons
    iceman, Arty, rev and Z-bo

BSS Guest
    I'd like to find a few bottles of Paddy as well. Been a few years now, but a good friend brought me back a few bottles while on layover in the Dublin airport. I think they lasted about a week.

Arty, what is this bar you speak of?

I'd like to find a consistent source for Kleiner Feigling in the U.S. as well. Not quite as tough to find as Paddy, but availability still seems sporadic at best.

love the people drawn to this thread!

dear lord what I wouldnt give for a cold snowy night, good music,
    a bottle each of Paddy, tyrconnel and midletons
    iceman, Arty, rev and Z-bo

you forgot to mention the sheep

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    and the quart of astro-glide

PS...Google product search has places you can order it from
    Last edited by irul&ublo; 06-01-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Irish not Scotch whisky...

why do scotsmen wear kilts?
    sheep run @ the sound of a zipper.....

corporate douchebaggy response
    From: Corporate_Communications [mailto:CORPORATE_PR@Pernod-Ricard-USA.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:34 PM
    To: Woodsy

Subject: RE: A Message from the PR USA Website

Dear Woodsy,

Thank you for contacting Pernod Ricard USA.

Paddy Irish Whiskey is not sold in the United States. Please try our range of Jameson, which is the #1 Irish Whiskey in the US.

We appreciate your interest in our company & brands.

Regards,

Lora
    Communications Assistant

About Pernod Ricard USA
    Pernod Ricard USA is a leading premium spirits and wine company and the largest subsidiary of Paris, France-based Pernod Ricard SA, the co-leader of the global spirits and wine industry. In July, 2008, Pernod Ricard completed the acquisition of V&S Vin & Sprit AB, the parent company of the New York-based Absolut Spirits Co., Inc. (ASCI).

Pernod Ricard USA is primarily focused on the high-margin segment of the industry and has a leading premium brand in virtually all key spirits and wine categories.

Our brands include - SPIRITS: ABSOLUT® VODKA, Beefeater® Gin, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, Hiram Walker® Liqueurs, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Kahlúa® Coffee Liqueur, Malibu® Caribbean Rum, Martell® Cognac, Seagram's® Gin, Plymouth Gin® and The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky; WINES: Jacob's Creek® from Australia, Brancott Estate® from New Zealand and Campo Viejo® from Spain; CHAMPAGNES and SPARKLING WINES: G.H. Mumm(tm) and Perrier Jouët® from France and Mumm Napa® from the United States.

The company is based in Purchase, New York, and has more than 900 employees across the country.

Pernod Ricard USA invites you to visit our website, www.pernod-ricard-usa.com and urges all adults to consume its products responsibly and has an active campaign to promote responsible drinking. For more information on this, please visit: www.acceptresponsibility.org.
    I asked why...

E-mail back and ask Lora for some naked pics.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I've been saying this for years....The Tyrconnell is the best Irish whiskey around.
    Based on the recommendation of you lushes, I finally tried this last night. Very interesting. Mikey likes it.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

so I saw Paddy in NYC.....

at the Duty free store in JFK, and they wrap it before yo u get on the plane.
    so you would have to buy a bottle fly out of the country and bring it back
    which i decided to do, but i didnt allow enough time before take off.

flew back through City airport in Torono so no duty free.

Maybe when i come back from Spain, but hard to sacrifice the great cheap reds

Liquor saleswoman was at my bar the other night, with tastings/samples. Me and a few of the other regulars got to taste a few interesting boozes. Weirdest was the coffee-flavored Patron, a terrible waste of both tequila and kahlua...

Best was the 12yo Jameson. Wasn't sure until about the third snifter of it!

Wonder how Paddy's and Tullamore Dew compare?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Liquor saleswoman was at my bar the other night, with tastings/samples. Me and a few of the other regulars got to taste a few interesting boozes. Weirdest was the coffee-flavored Patron, a terrible waste of both tequila and kahlua...
    Dude!!! Patron XO? That shit is the best to make "Baby Guinnesses" with. That's a standard shot around these here parts. I'm introducing these Boston lightweights to the "Hogs Oil" shot (1/2 Jager, 1/2 Jack). No one likes it but me it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Dude!!! Patron XO? That shit is the best to make "Baby Guinnesses" with. That's a standard shot around these here parts. I'm introducing these Boston lightweights to the "Hogs Oil" shot (1/2 Jager, 1/2 Jack). No one likes it but me it seems...
    We weren't allowed to get all creative and shit, it was a 'tasting'. [til i turned the Jameson into a 'guzzling'.]

Give those fkn Bruins fans a 'sleighdriver', the one i may have invented bartending in big sky. 1/2 Rumplemintz, 1/2 Yukon Jack. Not chilled, as to not dilute, but yes the Rumple's in the cooler/freezer...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

what the hell is a baby guiness? I like guiness, I like even small baby guiness. I am SURE I would like this drink. Moar info please.