Xavier de le Rue

I think he's becoming my favorite snowboarder of the current era. Jones is a given (his mastery of technicality and controlled aggression needs no description), and I love Jonaven Moore's freestyle flair on technical and big lines ...

But watching Xavier flow through tremendously huge lines in Europe with incredible fluidity at mach speed just amazes the hell out of me. He keeps his center of gravity moving so fluidly through the fall line while seamlessly whipping his board's edge into any shape of turn that pleases him.

Watch the movie TEN by Guido Perrini if you've never seen him ride (his main segment is about 20 minutes in).
    [ame="http://www.vimeo.com/2492092"]TEN ski snowboard film www.guidoperrini.com on Vimeo[/ame]

Anyways, the real reason I put up this stupid mancrush thread is,

anyone recommend other films with Xavier riding?

It's hard to see these ripper euro guys in the films that get distributed here in the states. Do a youtube search for segments and you get practically nothing. This guy, for one, needs more representin' stateside.

(edit: put in the link to the video)
    Last edited by SchralphMacchio; 05-29-2009 at 12:06 AM.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

he has a segment in aesthetica, but it's unfortunately a bit short and doesn't do him justice. he's such a powerful rider, definitely one of my favorite riders to watch.

ten has been posted here before, but it is worth seeing again, such great stuff
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

some more vids...

I watched every minute. Without a doubt some of the most consistently impressive mountain riding of any kind I've ever seen.

Word x 10!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Many videos on Xavier's site.

Check Zapiks too.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Xavier is a charger.

I can't wait to see him in Deeper
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Those are sick videos. Thanks for posting.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    some more vids...

Thanks for those! Both very sick top-quality riding ...

Looks like the first one (Heart/Coeur) is a French production ... wonder if any US distributors have it. Or any euros got a copy they're willing to ship stateside in a trade?

The 2nd looks like a Rossi promo vid, probably not part of a DVD I can get somewhere huh? Would love to see both of these in high quality on my TV!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Those are sick videos. Thanks for posting.
    Get that fool in your next movie!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

He is in it. That is why he is filming with Jeremy right now. he will be in Deeper. The nature of the filming requires this to be a 2 year project that drops in 2010

Deeper film page
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

that ten footage is awesome. thanks for posting

he's lucky to still be riding/breathing/walking/etc. after that fun little ride in the end of the film.

Sick, sick rider.

Yeah, he does NOT suck
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Really nice guy too, he and is SO (I think they're married) were in the room across the hall from me on the failed Antarctica trip last year. Very approachable and humble!

He continues to kill it. Next level stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCUainC...d=rfnab7cnjyoe

He rips and his brother is amazing too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    He continues to kill it. Next level stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCUainC...d=rfnab7cnjyoe
    Can you say consequences !!!

Cracking thread resurrection! Surely the GOAT on a board. Check out Guido Perrini’s “ Twenty” for some of his craziest adventures. Head to Verbier to see him shredding with his (skiing!) daughter.

He's posting some decent stuff on his YouTube channel lately: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7F...PrhzXTFDGNgJxg

Here's the full 30 min film of his brother freeriding big ass lines in France/Switzerland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axNnKy-jfWw