Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    In Anchortown looking to get my career on track

To ALL Those Who Have And/Or Are Serving Our Country, I THANK YOU!!!

I would like to thank EVERYONE who has ever served and who is serving this great country. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sacrifices you have made and continue to make to help ensure our freedoms. THANK YOU!!! The next time we meet up, I would like to buy you a drink for what you have done. May the memory of your actions never be forgotten. I would like to say happy Memorial Day, but happy is not a word we should be using on such a somber occasion. Thank you is the proper salutation eh?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Well said.

Silence to our fallen soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    I would like to thank EVERYONE who has ever served and who is serving this great country. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sacrifices you have made and continue to make to help ensure our freedoms. THANK YOU!!! The next time we meet up, I would like to buy you a drink for what you have done. May the memory of your actions never be forgotten. I would like to say happy Memorial Day, but happy is not a word we should be using on such a somber occasion. Thank you is the proper salutation eh?
    +12345678
    The Sheriff is near!

you're welcome

+1

good to remember that tomorrow is about more than just a day off work for many.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Trying hard to stay in the present moment
    I'm sure I'll catch hell for being picky, and your expression of sentiment is certainly sincere, but Memorial Day is for honoring fallen soldiers, while Veteran's Day is to recognize all those who serve and have served. Tomorrow is a day to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in defense of their country. "Thank you," and a moment of silence are appropriate.
    Try to keep two ideas in your head at the same time without blowing your brains out your ass.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Why would you catch hell? You are correct in that it is honouring our fallen. It is also a day to remember those who have sacrificed and not fallen, the wounded survivors, those that left something behind on the battle field, those that gave something of themselves in defense of our great nation. It is a day of remembrance, a day of reflection, a day to be thankful for all we have. It is a VERY somber day, which many people forget because they are out there exercising their freedoms given to us by many who are today only around us in spirit.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Well said. Somber occasion yes, but it's also a celebration of these men and women and the sacrifices they made, for their and our freedom.

Good on ya DK. As a vet who has lost friends I am humbled by the overwelming support from the people of this country.

Bye the way, I'm in AK and will be hitting you up for that drink. I'll be hitting Ptarmigan tomorrow afternoon if your down.

10th Mountain Division
    "Climb to Glory"

Well said!
    We should never take forgranted the sacrifices made by the ones who have served our country.
    I sicerely say thank you to everyone that lets freedom stay possible in our United States!

Quote Originally Posted by Steepdeepnlong View Post
    I'm sure I'll catch hell for being picky, and your expression of sentiment is certainly sincere, but Memorial Day is for honoring fallen soldiers, while Veteran's Day is to recognize all those who serve and have served. Tomorrow is a day to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in defense of their country. "Thank you," and a moment of silence are appropriate.
    Funny, my daughters asked me if today was the same as veterans day and I gave the same answer as you. They also get Pearl Harbor Day mixed up with veteran's day when it comes along.

yea, a day off of work.

Ultimate sacrifice for your country and kin.

I believe in fighting for what I believe in. But we have to do it smart 'cause it ain't tanks we're after now.
    Last edited by Rip'nStick; 05-25-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    yea, a day off of work.

Ultimate sacrifice for your country and kin.

I believe in fighting for what I believe in. But we have to do it smart 'cause it ain't tanks sere after now.
    Hat's off to the fallen.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Good thread dk.

Yes, thank you.

I would also like to thank the families and friends of those who have given their lives for our country, they have to live with the loss of their loved ones and I think its important that they know that we care and appreciate the sacrifice that was made to preserve our freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    for the sacrifices you have made and continue to make to help ensure our freedoms.
    Question: Is your war in Iraq honestly ensuring/protecting your freedom?

xyz, this isn't the place.

But as someone who was against the war from the start, I can certainly say that the willingness of the members of our military to sacrifice everything for the sake of our country most certainly protects and secures our freedoms.

Yes, their commanders -- civilian and military -- all too often make make questionable, and even downright wrong, decisions that make those potential sacrifices concrete. But that does not diminish the patriotism of those who put their lives on the line, nor should it mute the thanks of those of us who are safer for their sacrifices.

Here's to the fallen.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    This isn't the thread to be posting this thought. Start a new one or respond in a more appropriate place. Soldiers don't have a say in where they are sent to serve, the do as ordered.

Many thanks again to the men and women who've served, and especially my Grandfather who served on the USS Lexington in WW II.

Although I opposed the Iraq war, I respect and honor the sacrifices made by those who serve. In a democracy, individual soldiers do not and cannot make the decisions about foreign policy, as those are left to elected officials.
    Without individuals willing to make that ultimate sacrifice to preserve it, democracy would certainly cease to exist. The beauty of democracy is that is an inherently self-correcting system.
    Let keep this thread for honoring the many whose sacrifice benefited not just the United States. Walking through the endless fields of graves in Europe and seeing the many who gave up their lives in their late teens or early twenties is very sobering and should inspire gratitude in the hardest heart.

Seriously? GTFO.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Good thread: thanks.

As a first generation American, I'm profoundly grateful for the sacrifices of our servicemen and women. My family has benefitted directly from them and their sacrifices allowed my grandfather the opportunity for a new life as a refugee from the old country. To all those that serve, have served, those that have given their lives and limbs and their families I would like to say thank you.
    When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

I'm grateful for the sacrifices the allied forces made in WWII.

I'm grateful for the sacrifices the allied forces made in WWII.
    I'm glad you have the option of picking and choosing to what fallen soldier you are grateful. It seems if not for all Sons and Daughters answering the call of duty from our great Nation, you would not have the opportunity to pick and chose.

Thank you to all who gave their lives so our children and the children of other nations may sleep not in fear.

I suppose I thank veterans every time I'm below them on a cert list after my 14 years of service compared to their 4.

I figure having my relevant experience blown off so vets with no experience can have non-comptetitive appointments to federal fire jobs is all the thanks I have in me right now.

Thanks to all who have and are serving in the armed forces.