Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    I'm glad you have the option of picking and choosing to what fallen soldier you are grateful. It seems if not for all Sons and Daughters answering the call of duty from our great Nation, you would not have the opportunity to pick and chose.

Thank you to all who gave their lives so our children and the children of other nations may sleep not in fear.
    Listen guy, did it ever cross your narrow mind that there are people on this board that are not Americans? YOUR "great" nation is yours, not mine.

I remain grateful for the fallen Canadian soldiers and other members of the allied forces in WWII.

I truly feel sorry for the fallen American soldiers and their families that were conscripted and volunteered for the pointless wars in the Middle East and Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Listen guy, did it ever cross your narrow mind that there are people on this board that are not Americans? YOUR "great" nation is yours, not mine..
    Then shut the fuck up and don't post in a Memorial Day thread, you fucking turd puncher.

Get fucking bent, cocksucker.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Ok, enoughs enough. Even if you are not American, Memorial day is a day to memorialize those that kept others free in this world. If it were not for the US during WWII, the crown most likely would not be free like you know it to be today. There is a level of respect for the fallen and those that have been harmed in the name of freedom almost anyone with even the slightest semblance of compassion can feel. Irregardless of your feelings of war, what is considered to be a just war, etc., if you live in a free society, try and take the time to honour those that helped you keep these freedoms, not to start a political fight.

This thread was started to honour those lost and hurt in the name of freedom and remind others that freedom is not free, irregardless of what country you live in, your nationality or any other impedance, hatred, etc. This was NOT started as some "I hate ______ because he/she did________..." As a first generation American, I have even more to be thankful for. If it were not for the sacrifices by all the allied forces during WWII, there is a high likelihood i would not be here today to enjoy the free life I do. Please, if you feel the need to thrunt, cunt, smoke the blunt, etc. in this thread, don't let the fingers do the walking, let them do the clicking to [ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22"]Political Asshattery - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame] and post ALL you want about your negative feelings towards ______________.

Thank you for understanding and respecting those that gave some those and those who gave all in the name of freedom.
    Last edited by dk_alaskan; 05-25-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Listen guy, did it ever cross your narrow mind that there are people on this board that are not Americans? YOUR "great" nation is yours, not mine.

I remain grateful for the fallen Canadian soldiers and other members of the allied forces in WWII.

I truly feel sorry for the fallen American soldiers and their families that were conscripted and volunteered for the pointless wars in the Middle East and Vietnam.
    You have less class than Jesse Jones. Asshole.

Anyway, thank you to all that gave their lives, and to those families that lost loved ones. We all owe you.

I love this country. A big thanks to our fallen brethren. Cheers!

Unconditional thanks......................bigger balls than I.

You are a complete and utter proctological tool.

Thanks to all those who served and sacrificed. A special thanks to those who served and sacrificed in AFGAN. and IRAQ! (That's my generation)
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Thanks for the thread. I'm leaving in the morning for N.C. For a friend I lost last week in Afghanistan. He and I had two tours in Iraq together.
    For me this last weekend isn't about celebrating, It's a remembrance for the ever growing list of friends I lost.
    Between multiple tours in the Balkans, and Iraq I don't recall ever being asked if this was ok with my political or religious believes. You go, you take an oath to support the leaders the people elected. There is plenty of time for questions later.
    xyz your statement didn't offend me a bit. Its most likely just your Internet persona that's a complete Fucking tool!
    Don't make me come get you....

I thought about those friends and squadron mates of mine who died in the course of service and reside in the memories of those whom they knew.

::raising a beer to Rotordude's fallen buddy::
    ::and another to all who have served::

I apologize in advance for these personal comments if they are not appropriate...

but this day reminds me the most of a trip to DC back, hmm, in '95 or so. Staying at my sister's place in SE, waking up fairly massively hungover on Memorial Day after one of her legendary holiday parties. Grabbed my b.i.l.'s bike, and pedaled up to the Capital. Starting to feel better, pedal down the Mall, past the Washington Memorial, the Smithsonian's, etc. Across the bridge, to the entrance of Arlington Cemetery. It was probably still before 7am, as i said, it was a rousing hangover.

Nod to the guard as I pedal in. Never having been there before, am stunned by the size. By the rows and rows of headstones, each one a soldier, and likely also a son, and/or father, and/or mother, and/or favorite uncle/aunt. Riding up the hills, reading the stories of the homes that are there [which I've since forgotten]. Past the Eternal Flame. Kennedy's grave. It brought out a lot of emotions I didn't know were there.

It was impressive how spotless it was, and crews were out cleaning roads and tending gardens as I rode by. It never really hit me that I was the only one there until I got home and was telling my sister about it.

Arlington was closed. The President, as always, was going to be placing a wreath, making a speech, they were getting it ready for he and his entourage. Apparently the guards saw a dirtbag on a bike and figured 'must be an employee'...

Here's to all you vets and active members!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I hope we all remember more than one day a year those who serve and have sacrificed so we can choose (or not) a self-indulgent lifestyle and whine about petty inconveniences in an internet forum. ....and so much more.

Many thanks and Finest kind!
    Last edited by Alpinord; 05-26-2009 at 02:50 PM.

*** BUMP ***
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^ive skied and fished with dka
    and im comin to fish with you
    give d a pets 4 me
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Bumpity

Over time, I have expanded my remembrances to not only the kia but, to all those that have served and are no longer here. 80 US service members died during training in 2017 vs a total of 33 deployed and 21 KIA.

All my brothers are gone except 2 that I cannot find. Ted Morris, Mike Linaberry, Mike Northern, Micheal Molan, Clinton Whitehouse, and Mark Swenson.

I remember my parents who served concurrently in the Korean Conflict. My closest uncle (47 missions over Germany).

I have expanded my remembrances to those that litter the halls at the VA. There are so many who have had their lives altered permanently and not for the better.

quiet comforting thoughts to all - not only for today
    ​I am not in your hurry

As the son of a retired Navy Chief Warrant Officer, nephew of an Army Sergeant and an Air Force Staff Sergeant, uncle of an active Air Force Major and cousin to at least 3 more active officers, Be sure I have nothing but Respect for all Service men and women (and dogs).

Today I honor my Uncle John, who was promoted to Sergeant in WW2 because he single-handedly captured a group of Japanese soldiers in a cave on some remote island in the Pacific. Right out of the movies...I wish I could have spent more time with him.

My mother rests peacefully in Arlington National Cemetery where my Father will join her when his time comes. Tears now...

It's a life many don't really get, not just a job but a responsibility for other people's Lives, Freedoms and Values.

So many die, and yet we have a hard time seeing how it really affects us. I encourage everyone here to engage a Veteran who is long in the tooth and tell them how they have made your life possible. They will soon be honored today, Memorial day, and no longer on Veterans day.

Not a simple 'thanks for your service' but a sincere thank you for keeping you Safe, Free and for Defending your country. For taking a bullet, or some shrapnel or breathing in gases or fleeing napalm. Whether they chose to or not, They stood up when it was time to be counted.

Next time you're near a grave of one of the fallen, say their name out loud. Remember them, Honor their life.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno