Trampoline Insurance

I'd like to get a trampoline but one of my freinds mentionend someting about insurance
    Is it something that i can buy extra or could i just do some release waver thing for other jokers getting on it ?
    Maybe i should just fuck it and buy the tramp without the coverage whatever?

Any input?

http://www.insurancesalesman.com/hom...trampoline.htm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7151255AAX3SkA

First see if your policy excludes it....fine print. If not jump away.

Most of the companies that I write insurance for won't even think of insuring a home with a trampoline. I'm sure there are some companies out there that will write you a policy, but be prepared to pay out the ass for it.

I have plenty of clients who own a trampoline without the knowledge of the insurance company, but they also know that if anyone gets injured, their claim will be denied instantly. If it's just you and some friends using it, there probably won't be a problem, but I wouldn't let anyone you don't know (think people that might sue you) use it.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Somehow my cousin's insurance company found out he had a trampoline (how they found out is a mystery, it was in a fenced back yard) and he got a letter telling him his coverage would be revoked if he didn't get rid of it immediately.

When I was changing a renter's insurance policy, I was asked if I had any assault rifles. Since I have an AK-47, and that's pretty much the definition of an 'assault rifle', and since I would like it covered like any other gun or piece of property if my place is broken into and stuff is stolen, I said "yes" and was honest about it. I'm responsible about it, it's kept locked up, rarely take it out to shoot anymore, etc. Next renewal was denied. Buddy of mine told me the same thing had happened to him, but their question was over ownership of dirt bikes - apparently dirt bikers are too high-risk for a certain renter's insurance company.

Companies are pretty wonky in what they will or won't cover, and I think it blows.

Here's why you should have trampoline insurance (a short story) -

Once upon a time in Bellingham I was a very mature 21 year old at a keg party. The keg ran out and a large group of drinkers were gathered in the front yard, preparing to head to the bar. In the neighbors yard was a trampoline and a few of us started to jump on it. Two of us started to do flips in a competition of sorts which got the crowd fired up. The party host then came outside and wisely said "Get off that trampoline its the neighbors!". It was my turn and so I said "One More!" and prepared for the finale - a large looped out front flip...

I went for the biggest flip I could. I over-rotated, doing a flip and a half, and was headed- literally - for the springs. As my head slammed into and went through the springs - wrapping them tightly around my neck - I managed to get my hands on them. While still rotating I somehow simultaneously stretched them out and removed my head. (Almost) completing the second rotation I then slammed on my back on the ground with a thud - knocking my wind out.

The crowd thought I was dead and rushed over. I had gone from acrobatic hero to drunken idiot in a fraction of a second. I had a large cut above my eye which an EMT who happened to be attending the party took care of. Needless to say the party was over. I never made it to the bar. I ended up getting stitches the next day and my neck was sore for a couple weeks.

If I had broken my neck (luckily I didn't), and if I was the type of person who would sue the trampoline owners (I'm not) then the trampoline owners would have been glad to have insurance coverage. Moral of the story is that even if you know your friends and family won't sue if they are paralyzed in a trampoline accident, its probably not a bad idea to be prepared for drunken trespassing idiots like me.

This thread makes me want to ride a dirtbike on a trampoline while shooting at insurance agents with an assault rifle.

Attractive nuisance. (Oh Yeah!)

Payoff your house and fund the exposure yourself if it is such a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    This thread makes me want to ride a dirtbike on a trampoline while shooting at insurance agents with an assault rifle.
    Don't blame the agents, blame the insurance companies.

I've jumped from a trampoline into a swimming pool using skis or a snowboard on multiple occasions. I've had one person hurt themselves in my swimming pool and he was man enough to tell the insurance companies to fuck off when they tried to pin "negligence' on me for not having a handrail up. He told them that had there been a handrail, he would have tried to slide it barefoot, rather than jumping into the pool. Instead, he under-rotated a front flip in the shallow end and broke his neck...and took full responsibility for his stupidity rather than suing someone for it. I just wish such actions were more common in our society. There doesn't seem to be any such thing as personal responsibility anymore.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Quote Originally Posted by ncognico View Post
    I had gone from acrobatic hero to drunken idiot in a fraction of a second.
    That made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Somehow my cousin's insurance company found out he had a trampoline (how they found out is a mystery, it was in a fenced back yard) and he got a letter telling him his coverage would be revoked if he didn't get rid of it immediately.
    You can see our backyard trampoline on Google Maps. Sounds like I need a cloaking device.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    TRAMOPOLINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Attractive nuisance. (Oh Yeah!)
    One of the dumbest fucking concepts ever. If someone is trespassing on your property and using a device that doesn't belong to them, that is essentially (short term) theft. If you have a sweet ride, I steal it and crash it, does that make the car an "attractive nuisance". It's like saying a hot woman who is raped is an "attractive nuisance".

Sack up, learn wrong from right, learn to control your own actions and take responsibility for your actions when you can't.

Unfortunately the nanny state, many lawmakers and some lawyers can't get their heads around this concept and always find someone else to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Same thing happened to me. Those guys are pretty sneaky.

Good excuse to give the kids everytime they ask for one.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sensisnow View Post
    Don't blame the agents, blame the insurance companies.
    Don't blame the insurance companies, blame the lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Don't blame the insurance companies, blame the lawyers.
    Blame Canada!

Perfect Hulu link.

To be honest it never crossed my mind that some companies would actually deny coverage for trampoline ownership...