Main Salmon River Permit Available*

*Those familiar with the 4 river permit process know that the permits are nontransferable, however I might be able to help a mag out. Two people in my group got a permit for launching on the same day in the first part of July. We don't need both. I will fax and call my cancellation to the Forest service and shortly after email or pm or call you and you can call the Forest Service and pick up the canceled permit.

If you are interested let me know, I can pm the exact launch date.

Interested for sure... Let me know the dates.

Also very interested. what are the dates?

Sadly, I don't think it's that easy.

I looked into this a bit this year beacuse I thought I may need to pull the ol' switcheroo on a middle fork permit (luckily, I do not). The forest service says that when a permit is cancelled, they hold on to it for a while and then release it at some random time.

I read this somewhere on the Forest Service website. Can't remember exactly where.

I think you have to get a bit more creative, unfortunately.

Just knowing one is coming available is a start!

I'm also interested in the opening, so please post or PM when canceling!

Quote Originally Posted by Senor_Smoke View Post
    Sadly, I don't think it's that easy.

I looked into this a bit this year beacuse I thought I may need to pull the ol' switcheroo on a middle fork permit (luckily, I do not). The forest service says that when a permit is cancelled, they hold on to it for a while and then release it at some random time.
    Figures. Should be an interesting experiment.

FYI-rumor on the street is that the new permit system was jacked up this year. When one permit was drawn the next person in line was also drawn. That would explain why there are so many relatives or friends with the same launch dates.

It's just a rumor though. Based on that, I would say that if anyone is looking to pick up cancellations, start calling. There are a lot of groups holding two permits for the same launches. I also have a feeling that there will be a lot of BIG groups rolling two permits for a trip so a lot of the smaller camp sites might be available this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    FYI-rumor on the street is that the new permit system was jacked up this year. When one permit was drawn the next person in line was also drawn. That would explain why there are so many relatives or friends with the same launch dates.

It's just a rumor though. Based on that, I would say that if anyone is looking to pick up cancellations, start calling. There are a lot of groups holding two permits for the same launches. I also have a feeling that there will be a lot of BIG groups rolling two permits for a trip so a lot of the smaller camp sites might be available this summer.
    Heh, carvedog might chime in here...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Hmmm,thats interesting. Thanks to Carvedog for the heads up on his cancellation! Launchin on the 17th....
    So local it hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    Hmmm,thats interesting. Thanks to Carvedog for the heads up on his cancellation! Launchin on the 17th....
    See you there...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

thanks for the info.

Hmm, does seem there are lots of those. That sucks if it's true. I expect full compensation.

Oh well, thanks to carvedog I'll be seein ya'allz there too.